You have to be fair with the Bham news

BamaGrad03

What SEC West implications are bigger than a game giving a team sole possession of the division?

It would have been a bigger deal had you beaten a west team.

We did beat a west team recently. By 24 points.

I realize this thread has now turned civil... but this post... ZING. :roflol:

As far as the first point, next time the games are played at the same time and both teams win, check out who get top billing.

Check the layout of al.com sports section. Did Auburn play yesterday? I'm not sure.

Final verdict: Both teams played road games against two SEC teams with virtually identical records.

Edge goes to Auburn for this game clutching it's lead in the West.

Any other homeristic reason you think uat's game is of more significance is Kool-Aide residue.

Auburn basketball is on the rise. Alabama basketball is in descent. Whis is the bigger story?

Its "whiz" and yes...that would be the bigger story.

Did anybody else think that BG's statement about Alabama being a bigger game than Auburn was a bit condescending?

I see this whole thread as being one big dumb ASS

War Eagle!

First place is first place....I KNOW you wouldn't be saying this if uat was in first place right now and you know it too...

I wasnt making a big deal out of it when we WERE in first place.

Alphabetical order doesn't count.

You guys like to pick on the Birmingham news for being Bama biased. Well I opened my paper this morning...and on the sports page they lead with this HUGE picture of AU over SC and this tiny picture of Alabama's win over LSU.

Now, the Bama road win was a bigger story for a couple of reasons, but they are showing AU some love.

I think you guys get the idea that certian publications are biased because of isolated stories...but turn a blind eye when they give your team some major love.

Bigger story??? LS_Who scores 50-something points per game!!! Wasn't exactly a toughie.

Dude...AU is atop the WEST! Now THAT'S news!!! B)

:au::homer:

You guys like to pick on the Birmingham news for being Bama biased. Well I opened my paper this morning...and on the sports page they lead with this HUGE picture of AU over SC and this tiny picture of Alabama's win over LSU.

Now, the Bama road win was a bigger story for a couple of reasons, but they are showing AU some love.

I think you guys get the idea that certian publications are biased because of isolated stories...but turn a blind eye when they give your team some major love.

Auburn claimed sole possession of the SEC West with the win last night. Bama had beaten LSU earlier in the season. Bama's win was not that big of a story beyond it being a road win. BTW, Auburn's was a road win as well.

The Bamaham News is biased - mainly because the majority of the people in the area are Bammers - but biased nonetheless.

Archived