Hearing Rumors about Wednesday...

DKW 86

The current staff has never been accused of it either.

Ever wonder why Saban stopped recruiting Huntsville a few years ago? About the same time another team inked Kenneth Darby. Someone was complaining, do you really think bama didn't know who\what they were hiring?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfounded might be a bit strong. I have heard this particular rumor from more than two Auburn Fans who started a website called "rumer mill where nothing but non-sense is posted here" and all but one other Auburn website paid by Auburn boosters and facilitated by the LSU organization "death to Saban and Alabama" in another unrelated internet message board.

Perhaps, unsubstaniated should have been used in lieu of unfounded.

I say that's a very credible source.. we need to stop paying those kids... :angry:

And now on Rivals....

Chapman to bama:

Good Guys -7 pts :(

Evil Empire +55 pts :rolleyes:

Nah, there is no bias at Rivals..... ;)

We haven't been found guilty of paying a player in 8 years.

Congrats on not getting caught!

The current staff has never been accused of it either.

Give them time. The staff hasn't even been assembled a month. From a couple of things I've heard, the accusations might start soon.

Give them time. The staff hasn't even been assembled a month. From a couple of things I've heard, the accusations might start soon.

I know, I've heard some things about AU too. I just hope they can keep it quiet. SEC doesn't need anymore black eyes.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I know, I've heard some things about AU too. I just hope they can keep it quiet. SEC doesn't need anymore black eyes.

Do not pretend that you are like us.

Hey guys, lets not lose sight of the facts: First of all, I doubt that Murphy will qualify anyway so he wouldn't have been any help to us immediately. Secondly, if so, Saban's judgement was poor because Alabama isn't in a great position to be signing non-qualifiers at this time. They need all the help they can get. Thirdly, Chapman has been a bammer all his life and he is NOT rated a five star or even a four star player. Granted, we wanted him and I'm sure we hate to lose him. Finally, this was more a PR move by Saban than anything else and these two fail to see that. He used their rank as players in the State in hopes to attract more outstanding qualifiers and at the same time to satisfy his ego of stealing a player from us. Relax...... :au:

We haven't been found guilty of paying a player in 8 years. The current staff has never been accused of it either.

Holy crap, that made me laugh out loud! Great justification and solid proof that nothing is going on.

But seriously though, and in response, have the boosters and administration changed much (excluding the obvious)?

We haven't been found guilty of paying a player in 8 years. The current staff has never been accused of it either.

Holy crap, that made me laugh out loud! Great justification and solid proof that nothing is going on.

But seriously though, and in response, have the boosters and administration changed much (excluding the obvious)?

No one is turning us in for cheating...so I'd say things are better.

Unfounded might be a bit strong. I have heard this particular rumor from more than two Auburn Fans who started a website called "rumer mill where nothing but non-sense is posted here" and all but one other Auburn website paid by Auburn boosters and facilitated by the LSU organization "death to Saban and Alabama" in another unrelated internet message board.

Perhaps, unsubstaniated should have been used in lieu of unfounded.

I say that's a very credible source.. we need to stop paying those kids... :angry:

Which part of "all but one of them unrelated to internet message boards" in the original post was too hard to grasp?

No one is turning us in for cheating YET...so I'd say things are better.

Fixed that for you.

You do realize in all your posts here, the underlying impression is that you're still cheating and just haven't been caught... Are you meaning to imply that or just using a poor choice of words?

You do realize in all your posts here, the underlying impression is that you're still cheating and just haven't been caught... Are you meaning to imply that or just using a poor choice of words?

It ain't cheating if you don't get caught.

That isnt implied anywhere in my posts.

And now on Rivals....

Chapman to bama:

Just wanted to clear this one up. I heard the main rivals rankings guy on today. He said they only rank each teams top 22 rated players when compiling the team rankings. After MSU signed 38 and finished in the top 10 in 2002, they didnt feel that the rankings were being done right. Also, big 10 schools have a limit of 25 they can sign (they cant oversign)...so they wanted to be fair to them in terms of class ranking.

AU lost Chapman, and the next closest rated player filled his spot. Bama didnt have 22 verbals, so Chapman was worth 55 points.

And now on Rivals....

Chapman to bama:

Just wanted to clear this one up. I heard the main rivals rankings guy on today. He said they only rank each teams top 22 rated players when compiling the team rankings. After MSU signed 38 and finished in the top 10 in 2002, they didnt feel that the rankings were being done right. Also, big 10 schools have a limit of 25 they can sign (they cant oversign)...so they wanted to be fair to them in terms of class ranking.

AU lost Chapman, and the next closest rated player filled his spot. Bama didnt have 22 verbals, so Chapman was worth 55 points.

Just wanted to know if you were actually paying attention. Matthews had this on the site yesterday.

Why does it always have to involve some backhanded comment where you are trying to make us look like some evil empire?

Because you are.

Definitely...crooked as a snake for as long as I can remember...and WAAAAY before that too. You'll get no sympathy here, BG. I've been an AU fan since the 50's, and I KNOW what Bamar is.... :puke:

:au::homer:

No one on the current staff has been accused of cheating, eh? I guess 'accused' has many different meanings.

Saban's name was prominent in the Memphis scenario. There were also serious questions at LSU about how Chad Lavalais miraculously got eligible. The guy took the ACT three or four times and didn't come close to the required score. He quit trying and took a job working as a prison guard for a year or two. Saban shows up, goes to the prison and convinces the guy to take the ACT one more time. VIOLA!! He passed. Nah, there was nothing wrong with that at all. There were also a lot of fingers pointed -- by Bama fans, no less -- when Jamarcus Russell went to LSU. There were several fishy circumstances related to that recruitment.

Saban's never been directly busted. But to suggest that he's walking around with a halo and wings is absurd. I don't think you'll find anyone other than your delusional fanbase willing to accept the concept that Saban's clean. He's not on the same plane as the SEC coaches that get that kind of respect -- Tuberville and Richt for example. The guy is a dirtbag in everything he does. There's no reason to think he'd be above board in recruiting. You mix an arrogant SOB who thinks the rules don't apply to him (Saban) with a group of fans and boosters who muleheadedly and arrogantly try to live in an era that hasn't existed for nearly three decades (and isn't going to exist ever again) and are willing to do anything and everything to try to bring that era back and it's like adding gasoline to a grease fire.

It's a matter of time, BG. The jackass has alienated enough people that it's only a matter of time. Too many people in too many places want to see him fall on his ass. Some of those people are -- believe it or not -- in his own camp. It's only a matter of time before it blows up. Same with Orgeron, although that big magoo is trying his best to mend those fences and tone down his act lately.

It hasn't been all hugs and kisses inside the Tahd coaching staff and when people aren't happy, they talk......... ;)

I discussed Hoover recruiting with some people inside recruiting when I was at Auburn and some people in the Birmingham area. There seemed to be two reoccuring themes as to why at that time, neither Alabama nor Auburn were getting Hoover players. One was that a lot of recruiters didn't think that the talent was that good, that they were just successful inside their system.

Second, it was thought that Rush steered kids away from in state schools, which was reaffirmed with Chad Jackson. The inside word at Auburn was that neither school wanted to pet the ego of Rush as much as he wanted it to be. He wanted to have complete control over who the kids talked to and seemed to have a keen interest in steering them where he wanted them to go. I got the impression that Rush wanted Auburn or Alabama coaches to get on their knees and beg for his players, which neither were willing to do. After watching something such as two a days, I have no doubt his ego is as big as these people were saying.

Archived