Hearing Rumors about Wednesday...

DKW 86

I guess all the pressure these two have been under is supposedly cracking them.

Chapman's family wants him to go to AU. The Hoover coaching staff wont hear of it and are shoving Bama down the poor kids throat. I am now told he will sign with bama either Tuesday or Wednesday. Wait for the Crimson

:bs: Tsunami to hit full force as Saban is declared God and His Own Son too.

Both are good kids, especially Chapman. If they go, we wish them well.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll soon know:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=2&amp...3162%26ATT%3d24

Kerry Murphy and Josh Chapman are expected to announce their college football decisions Tuesday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. at Hoover High School. Murphy left Miami after Super Bowl weekend with the Hurricanes in a race with Alabama for his signature. Chapman will stay in-state, but did the Crimson Tide turn his head enough to win his signature on National Signing Day?

You're probably right about Chapman although I'm not sure yet Murphy won't bolt for Miami. That way, Saban can claim his first "steal" from Auburn since they have to have at least one every year of it's not a success. I hope Chapman won't grant him that pleasure.

We'll soon know:

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=2&amp...3162%26ATT%3d24

Kerry Murphy and Josh Chapman are expected to announce their college football decisions Tuesday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. at Hoover High School. Murphy left Miami after Super Bowl weekend with the Hurricanes in a race with Alabama for his signature. Chapman will stay in-state, but did the Crimson Tide turn his head enough to win his signature on National Signing Day?

Chapman already committed to auburn, which means that today is to commit to :ua:

If I were a betting man, I'd say that Saban is putting the full court press on Chapman. That would be his last opportunity to show that he " took one away from Auburn". Never mind that this guy should have been theirs to lose.

Oh well, if Josh decides to go to UA, I wish him the best. I also hope he doesn't mind a huge butt whipping in the Iron Bowl every year.

Per Rivals and other sources, Josh Chapman has informed the Auburn staff that he will be switching his commitment and signing with Alabama tomorrow.

Let me remind you that there is to be no bashing of players. Best of luck to Josh personally and may he never experience an Iron Bowl win should he sign with bammer. :)

I guess all the pressure these two have been under is supposedly cracking them.

Chapman's family wants him to go to AU. The Hoover coaching staff wont hear of it and are shoving Bama down the poor kids throat. I am now told he will sign with bama either Tuesday or Wednesday. Wait for the Crimson

:bs: Tsunami to hit full force as Saban is declared God and His Own Son too.

Both are good kids, especially Chapman. If they go, we wish them well.

Whatever. Anything to take another shot at Bama huh? It was WELL documented that he wanted an offer from Bama and the old staff didnt give him that. And you're telling me that the mean ole Bama fan coaches are going to have more of an influence on him that the kids parents?

Why can't it just be "the kid grew up a Bama fan and wants to go to Bama"? Why does it always have to involve some backhanded comment where you are trying to make us look like some evil empire?

Guest Tigrinum Major

I think we all saw this one coming. I wish it weren't true, but I resigned myself to this one a couple weeks ago.

Good luck to Mr. Chapman.

Why does it always have to involve some backhanded comment where you are trying to make us look like some evil empire?

Because you are.

I sort of had the feeling back when he first started waffling on his commitment that he was gone. I don't think it will be a great loss. We signed a HUGE DL class last year (all but Ricks redshirted), so he probably would have been buried on the depth chart.

Given that the guy has been a lifelong Bama fan, he went to Hoover High (total Bama :homer: s), and he most definately would have been headed for a redshirt, its hard to blame him for taking the easy route to quick playing time. I really don't see how it was such a hard decision for him. Is Saban such a crappy recruiter that he can't pull a lifelong fan with a promise of early playing time? This guy should have been a Bama commit from day one.

Best of luck, Josh. I hope you can take those Iron Bowl butt whippings like a man.

I sort of had the feeling back when he first started waffling on his commitment that he was gone. I don't think it will be a great loss. We signed a HUGE DL class last year (all but Ricks redshirted), so he probably would have been buried on the depth chart.

Given that the guy has been a lifelong Bama fan, he went to Hoover High (total Bama :homer: s), and he most definately would have been headed for a redshirt, its hard to blame him for taking the easy route to quick playing time. I really don't see how it was such a hard decision for him. Is Saban such a crappy recruiter that he can't pull a lifelong fan with a promise of early playing time? This guy should have been a Bama commit from day one.

Best of luck, Josh. I hope you can take those Iron Bowl butt whippings like a man.

I don't know that he can promise early playing time. We arent THAT thin at DT and we already had the #1 ranked DT class in the nation before Chapman switched.

Why does it always have to involve some backhanded comment where you are trying to make us look like some evil empire?

Because you are.

Its no surprise, so why even deny it? Everyone with any knowledge knows that Hoover is financed by a bunch of Bama Boosters. Where do you think they get all their cash for fancy equipment and the such? Rush Propst isn't an idiot, he knows that if he does his best to push kids to Bama the checks will continue to be mailed in and he'll be able to continue putting together top national football teams.

I don't know that he can promise early playing time. We arent THAT thin at DT and we already had the #1 ranked DT class in the nation before Chapman switched.

But how many will qualify? They don't count if they can't get on the field.

PS: The Bama spin machine is on. I'm fully expecting Murphy to "re-announce" his commitment to Bama and for Gibson to end up there as well. The whole "Murphy to Miami" and "Gibson all of a sudden loves Auburn" stuff was IMO pushed to make Saban look good on signig day, because lets face it, every "big-name" out of state recruit he's tried to snake his way under has turned the other cheek.

Its no surprise, so why even deny it? Everyone with any knowledge knows that Hoover is financed by a bunch of Bama Boosters. Where do you think they get all their cash for fancy equipment and the such? Rush Propst isn't an idiot, he knows that if he does his best to push kids to Bama the checks will continue to be mailed in and he'll be able to continue putting together top national football teams.

I doubt you can back that post up with any factual basis. I live in Hoover and know quite a few boosters who went to Auburn. Hell, they may all be Bama fans anyway...but their degree says AU on it.

PS: The Bama spin machine is on. I'm fully expecting Murphy to "re-announce" his commitment to Bama and for Gibson to end up there as well. The whole "Murphy to Miami" and "Gibson all of a sudden loves Auburn" stuff was IMO pushed to make Saban look good on signig day, because lets face it, every "big-name" out of state recruit he's tried to snake his way under has turned the other cheek.

Luther Davis would disagree with that. As would 4 star RB Demetruis Goode.

The thing about this is all of these guys (Murphy, Chapman, Gibson) have been lifelong Bama fans. They probably would have gone to Bama if Shula was still there. I know Gibson and Murphy would have. I don't see how this shows what a great recruiter Saban is. So what, he's having a hard time pulling three kids who probably WOULD have crawled across broken glass to get to Tuscaloosa.

I doubt you can back that post up with any factual basis. I live in Hoover and know quite a few boosters who went to Auburn. Hell, they may all be Bama fans anyway...but their degree says AU on it.

Luther Davis won't even be on the team next year. He doesn't have the grades or the ACT score.

I said that from the day people started talking about Murphy to Miami. I fully believe that the Auburn coaches put the full court press on Chapman, and eventually his childhood allegiances (with the help of the Hoover principal, coach, cheerleaders, boosters and pep band) won out. Murphy was an opportunity for Saban to get the big win on signing day, as he was theirs to lose since the 10th grade.

Luther Davis won't even be on the team next year. He doesn't have the grades or the ACT score.

You know, they let you take that test more than once. I'd at least wait till the summer before you make that claim.

You know, they let you take that test more than once. I'd at least wait till the summer before you make that claim.

Just ask David Palmer...

Yeah, real big gets there. A guy who had his scholarship lifted by the school he WANTED to go to and a Prep School player who originally commited to Kentucky and had no offers from any big-name schools even after he went to Prep School. From what I've heard Goode is a good player, but dont spin this like you won some huge "recruiting war"...you got a guy who's only other real offer came from Kentucky.

Archived