Re-Ranking the 2003 Recruiting Class

SupperClub

M.A.S.H.

14. Auburn – Can the Tiger staff attract and develop pass rushers, or what? McClover, Groves and Gunn have all tormented SEC quarterbacks at one time or another, leaving Blevins as the lone bust in the bunch. Irons patrolled the secondary like a hawk for two seasons, while the tandem of Bliss and Vaughn, for the most part, gave the kicking game stability. Britt was a top 20 lineman with a bright future until a shoulder injury prematurely ended his playing career. Jacobs was the year’s top junior college recruit, but stayed for just a year, opting instead to use Southern Illinois as a stepping stone to the NFL.

Hits: DE Stanley McClover, CB David Irons, DE Quentin Groves, DE Marquies Gunn, TE Cole Bennett, T King Dunlap, S Eric Brock, P Kody Bliss and K John Vaughn

Misses: DE Lloyd Blevins, OL Jarrod Britt, RB Brandon Jacobs, NG Tez Doolittle and QB Courtney Denson,

Final 2003 Ranking: 16

Who jumped the highest? Louisville, going from #48 to #9. Oklahoma was the most overrated, dropping from a final ranking of #3 to #18. Talk amongst yourselves.

I havent thought about how recruiting so well at schools like Oklahoma, effects how many of those blue chippers transfer out to play faster! Supper nice find I like to see a few years down the road how a class looks! Lsu and Usc both had monster classes in 03

I dont think I would call Tez a miss. We love Tez!

He may not be an all-american but he gets decent playing time the way we rotate our D-line.

Archived