Poll on TideSports.com

JohnDeere

http://www.tidesports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/frontpage

The frontpage poll on TideSports.com (I am assuming it is yesterday's since it has 9k votes)

How long will it take Coach Satan to win a NC at Alabama?

the results: unbelievable the delusion

next year 4.7%

two years 16.3%

three years 38.6%

four years 22.4%

five years or more 10.0%

never 7.9%

59.6% (a majority) of bammers expect to win a NC in or before three years. For the amount of his salary, I guess I would HAVE to expect the same. What happens when it doesn't happen?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The frontpage poll on TideSports.com (I am assuming it is yesterday's since it has 9k votes)

next year 4.7%

two years 16.3%

three years 38.6%

four years 22.4%

five years or more 10.0%

never 7.9%

59.6% (a majority) of bammers expect to win a NC in or before three years. For the amount of his salary, I guess I would HAVE to expect the same. What happens when it doesn't happen?

Based on his track record of turning teams around, I think 3 years is about the right time...if it were to happen.

Guest Tigrinum Major

So, the Phins would be headed to Super Game XLII if he was still there?

How many championships did Michigan State win?

Refresh my memory, did Saban back into the SEC championship in 2001 or the national championship in 2003?

Based on that poll, Saban failing to win the NC in the first five years would be failure in the minds of 92% of Bama fans.

next year 4.7%

two years 16.3%

three years 38.6%

four years 22.4%

five years or more 10.0%

never 7.9%

Based on his track record of turning teams around, I think 3 years is about the right time...if it were to happen.

Based on his reply, BG would also consider it a failure.

Someone help me out, but I thought I read/heard that no coach has ever won a national championship at 2 different Div 1A schools; especially in the last 50/60 years. I may be wrong, but if not then the "nevers" have got it right.

Someone help me out, but I thought I read/heard that no coach has ever won a national championship at 2 different Div 1A schools; especially in the last 50/60 years. I may be wrong, but if not then the "nevers" have got it right.

I can't think of many coaches that won a NC at one school and then moved to another, though. Schnellenberger from Miami and Spurrier are the only two I can think of.

I can't think of many coaches that won a NC at one school and then moved to another, though. Schnellenberger from Miami and Spurrier are the only two I can think of.

dennis ericson maybe.

Bryant coached at 3 schools before UA but I don't think he won NC at any of the previous. Wallace Wade left UA to go to Duke, but he did not win NC at Duke. Johnny Majors won one at Pitt but not at UT. Mack Brown won at Texas but not at NC. I am sure there are some ND coaches that may have coached at previous jobs before they one at ND.

The better poll would be.. how long does saban last at uat before 1.) getting fired. 2.) leaving for a better program( yes uat fans there are a TON of better programs out there, contrary to your warped views)

My guess....3 years MAX... he'll be gone... 3 mediocre years at the crapper and he'll be jumping ship..

Bryant coached at 3 schools before UA but I don't think he won NC at any of the previous. Wallace Wade left UA to go to Duke, but he did not win NC at Duke. Johnny Majors won one at Pitt but not at UT. Mack Brown won at Texas but not at NC. I am sure there are some ND coaches that may have coached at previous jobs before they one at ND.

No coach has ever won a MNC at two different schools. Nick Saban = Danny Ford.

Well, I think after three years of hanging out with the mullet nation, getting mauled by toothless drunken fishwives in airports, getting eviscerated on talk radio after the first loss of the season, being called a failure because he didn't win a champtionship, having to live in dingy Tuscaloosa, and having his ass handed to him by Auburn three more times, I think he'll begin looking at the Pac-10 where the competition isn't as intense and the expectations are lower.

Nick Saban won a National Championship at LSU in 2003. Oklahoma backed into it and if USC were to have been there, LSU would have more than likely won because their secondary was phenomenal as was their pass rush. They also had a very reliable running game to control the clock.

However, Alabama is NOT LSU. Recruiting at LSU is much easier than at Alabama. Also, the pressure at Alabama is much more intense than at LSU. LSU was looking for a coach to come in and produce good football teams. Alabama is expecting every coach to come in and produce a national championship in two to three years. Distractions don't win championships.

Bama Expectations to Remember:

1) 3 MNCs in 5 years. Joe Scarborough

2) Top 5 Recruiting Class in 2008. Paul Finebaum

3) I think just about everyone in crimson expects an :sec: Title in 07 or 08 at least.

How many MNC's does USC have over the last five years? They are in a lot better shape than uat will be in 10 years. The bammers may all need haldol.

BCS MNC in 04 and AP MNC in 03.

Here is my prediction, which can be found in numerous other threads:

Saban 2007 8-4

Saban 2008 Loses to Auburn (game in Tuscaloosa) and at least one other big SEC game

Saban 2009 IF SABAN DOES NOT BEAT AUBURN BY YEAR 3, HE WILL BE GONE

Note: $40 million was paid to beat Auburn first and foremost.

So the 3 years and another MNC is laughable at best. He will be lucky to even beat Auburn, LSU and Tennessee in that time.

Saban 2007 8-4

Saban 2008 Loses to Auburn (game in Tuscaloosa) and at least one other big SEC game

So the 3 years and another MNC is laughable at best. He will be lucky to even beat Auburn, LSU and Tennessee in that time.

That "thumb" has cost Bama a lot of $.

I think it's very reasonable for him to have us on a "championship level" in 3-4 years. Actually winning the thing is beyond tough. For example, you guys were on a championship level in '04, LSU was this season, Oregon in '01. You don't have to actually play in the NC game to be a contender. . .

We'll beat some folks in '07 that we lost to this past season. 2008 will be stronger than '07 and so on. . . We'll be better. Much better.

And, townhallsavoy, you are right. Alabama is NOT LSU. The past 100 years of football prove that.

Saban 2007 8-4

I disagree. The 40M was paid to beat EVERYBODY. Shula against Arkansas? 1-3. LSU? 0-4. Tennessee? 1-3. Heck, he even managed to lose a game to MSU and Northern Illinois.

Yes, we want to beat you guys. Beating AU doesn't make our season, though. I'm not one of those fans that say "All you have to do is win the Iron Bowl!" That statement sickens me. I'd much rather go 11-1 with the one loss to AU than go 6-6 and beat you guys.

Face it. The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

Saban 2007 8-4

I disagree. The 40M was paid to beat EVERYBODY. Shula against Arkansas? 1-3. LSU? 0-4. Tennessee? 1-3. Heck, he even managed to lose a game to MSU and Northern Illinois.

Yes, we want to beat you guys. Beating AU doesn't make our season, though. I'm not one of those fans that say "All you have to do is win the Iron Bowl!" That statement sickens me. I'd much rather go 11-1 with the one loss to AU than go 6-6 and beat you guys.

Face it. The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

Your wrong WIN. If Shula beats AU, he's still your coach.

Saban 2007 8-4

Your wrong WIN. If Shula beats AU, he's still your coach.

Then, War Damn Eagle.

If I had known that, I would have worn orange and blue to the game.

The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

That's pretty ballsy. Let the guy coach a few games at bama first. Remember, the last bama football saviour just got fired 'cause he couldn't beat Auburn (or anybody else). I'd still take AU's position over bama's any day of the week. CTT has built a pretty solid program while Saban's just getting started.

Archived