Poll on TideSports.com

JohnDeere

I don't think its cool to speak of dead people like that. And had I said the same thing about Shug...regardless of how important he is to AU fans...it would have caused an uproar.

BS...even when people are prone to agree w/ you, you tend to mess it up with your misconceived preconceived notion that aubie posters on this board care about what bama posters think on all topics related to alabama.

sure, you could post something similar about shug...and i'm sure posters on the board would call you out on it, primarily because there is no evidence to suggest that shug was anywhere in the same league as bryant when it came to being a drunkard. (and a cheater)but they would also call you out on it because this is an auburn board, and while you may not have recognized it, a lot of aubies don't care for alabama fans in general, and especially those alabama fans who post over here insisting on fairness like they were being cheated at recess.

your post over here disparaging shug would be treated exactly like a post on a tide forum would be that disparages the bahr.Well, not exactly. We likely would be annoyed at the comment. They would start a Jihad.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just know if Bama fans said the same thing about Shug you guys would be all up in arms.

And if Auburn fans worshiped at a statue of Shug I would say they were just as guilty of blasphemous idolization as Bama fans.

On a personal level I am happy that AU fans don't wear those goofy looking little hats like Shug wore.

I just know if Bama fans said the same thing about Shug you guys would be all up in arms.

And if Auburn fans worshiped at a statue of Shug I would say they were just as guilty of blasphemous idolization as Bama fans.

On a personal level I am happy that AU fans don't wear those goofy looking little hats like Shug wore.

I liked Shug's goofy hats but on me, no.

Richt has not won without Donnan's players

Really? Well, care to name me Donnan's players on the 2005 SEC Championship Team?

This ought to be good

AUCorner, still waiting...or do you want me to just tell you and end the argument which I am sure you can tell by the way I am going about this.....

Well, no...they were part of the 2002 SECC team.

The 2005 team has a WHOPPING 1 starter recruited from Donnan.

But I just wanted to see what old AUCorner was going to guess

Oh, I remember Musa.

He ran all over us in '02. And, didn't Stinchcomb score a TD against AU, as well? How I remember useless crap like that...

Yup...cause Shug was not a cheating drunk...your point, BG???

:au::homer:

That probation crap is bunk as well..........Danny Sheridan has said it is not even a reasonable excuse.

The same guy who said Mark Richt was only winning because he had Jim Donnan's players? Good call.

Yeah...UGA was great last year with...oh, wait...no they weren't. :no:

Do I really need to post what you think I will? <_<

I was waiting for it, Slink. But come on...you know that all bottom feeders luck up and beat a good team once in a while. :lol:

Honestly, one of the only things I remember from UGA/UA in 2002 was that damn sun was scorching our side of the field.....WOW....was that unbearable

That was one of the hottest games ever. It was painful.

Honestly, one of the only things I remember from UGA/UA in 2002 was that damn sun was scorching our side of the field.....WOW....was that unbearable

Yeah, the UGA side was in the north endzone and cooked until the 4th quarter. If you were on the East side, you're still burning up. The East side is for suckas.

It's funny how a game in October is one of the hottest I've ever attended.

Yeah, the UGA side was in the north endzone and cooked until the 4th quarter. If you were on the East side, you're still burning up. The East side is for suckas.

I went to the Auburn/Arkansas game in 2002 and that game was also in October. I got sunburned and probably dehydrated sitting in the upper deck.

I went to the Auburn/Arkansas game in 2002 and that game was also in October. I got sunburned and probably dehydrated sitting in the upper deck.

Funny, I was too. I went to hand out campaign stuff for a judge but wound up going to the game. I want to say that was the week after the Bama/UGA game.

Funny, I was too. I went to hand out campaign stuff for a judge but wound up going to the game. I want to say that was the week after the Bama/UGA game.

If I had known that I would have thrown you at Talley and see if you could have tripped him up.

We'll beat some folks in '07 that we lost to this past season. 2008 will be stronger than '07 and so on. . . We'll be better. Much better.

And, townhallsavoy, you are right. Alabama is NOT LSU. The past 100 years of football prove that.

First? I'll give you Mississippi State. It will be a fight, but that's a game you could win. And maybe Arkansas because of all the nuttiness going on there. But the other five losses? Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Florida (now Georgia), and a potential bowl game? Not so much. Is it worth $4M to beat MSU? *snicker*

100 years? Who gives a rat's butt in a whirlwind what kind of football team Alabama had in 1907? Look at relevant factors. For the past quarter century, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, LSU and Georgia are TRADITIONALLY better programs tha Bama.

LSU has not been better over the past 25 years. They're better now, but not over a span of the past 25 years. We've also got a winning record against them over that time period, as well.

And, who cares what kind of team Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, Florida, and Georgia had in 1981? Pick and choose. Pick and choose.

"Why? Because I said so." -- Galen

That is when KISS was popular.....1981, like Uncle Rico. :poke:

You may want to try and spin that, but it does not hold water. As Pat Dye would say, "That dog wont hunt!"

While AU fans acknowledge Shug's place in AU football history, there are none who worship him the way the Bammer nation does the Baar. No where in the AU nation will you see the total and complete idolization displayed universally by Bama fans for the Baar. AUChizad was correct when he called it blasphemous idolization.

Because he did not win anything.......well, 1957. Wait, you claim that. Ohio State was undefeated. Pick and choose..... :poke::puke:

Nice try but the AP named us champions that year, which is a lot better than the geologist national championship ya'll claim.

Trip is my name, so that may have helped. ;)

Talley was a beast. So, I doubt it.

Oh well, would have made me feel better. He was a beast, not a big one but F A S T.

That is when KISS was popular.....1981, like Uncle Rico. :poke:

Because he did not win anything.......well, 1957. Wait, you claim that. Ohio State was undefeated. Pick and choose..... :poke::puke:

Someone must be feeling left out for not being included in the biggest asshat poll where BamaPerry is dominating. The nominees are already in. Save your campaigning for next year.

:poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

You may want to try and spin that, but it does not hold water. As Pat Dye would say, "That dog wont hunt!"

While AU fans acknowledge Shug's place in AU football history, there are none who worship him the way the Bammer nation does the Baar. No where in the AU nation will you see the total and complete idolization displayed universally by Bama fans for the Baar. AUChizad was correct when he called it blasphemous idolization.

Here is a little bit of advice, try doing a little research before posting. Both AUBURN & Ohio State were undefeated in 1957.

Don't you guys claim a MNC one year when you didn't even win the SEC? Beat by Mississippi State that year I believe. One year you lost two games and claim a MNC given out by the North Birmingham Laundromat, or some such BS.

Archived