Poll on TideSports.com

JohnDeere

The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

That's pretty ballsy.

What can I say? I let it all hang out.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...the humanity!!!!!! :lol:

:au::homer:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Face it. The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

Stallings dominated Auburn? any chance of bammer domination in the series ended when the game left bammer's home away from home - Legion Field

Dominance? The most you've beaten us by is 10 points. A probation crippled (yes, admit it) and Shula "coached" Alabama team is what you've been going up against. The most you could beat us by is 10? That's hardly dominating.

In 2002, at Tuscaloosa, bammer scores its first points in the rivalry on their home field (103 years?) after falling behind 17-0. Auburn is content to let a freshman RB carry the ball and run out the clock. bammer never threatens the end zone or in the game again.

In 2003, if not for stupid turnovers the game is 30-2 at half. Alabama never threatened in the game

In 2004, we scored on the first 3 possessions of the second half to lead 21-6 and then ran the clock out. Not to mention a meaningless 'hail marry' that was answered against a 3rd string corner that never has seen the field again. Alabama never possessed the ball in the 4th quarter with a chance to tie or take the lead. That does not meet the definition of a close football game.

In 2005, we could have hung half a hundred on that stellar bammer defense (and you know it) and bammer scored 11 points late on our 3rd and 4th stringers.

so, to sum it up for you.......we absolutely dominated your hind end in 2002, 2003, 2004, & 2005.

That probation crap is bunk as well..........Danny Sheridan has said it is not even a reasonable excuse.

bammer has made a good hire in Saban, the money man, but has also dealt a crushing blow to the economics of college football because of their desperation to win.

Good post, if it wasn't for some garbage touchdowns then Auburn would have beaten Bama by 10+ 4 straight years. Oh well a win is a win, and I'll enjoy if close or a blowout against whoever Auburn is playing.

That probation crap is bunk as well..........Danny Sheridan has said it is not even a reasonable excuse.

The same guy who said Mark Richt was only winning because he had Jim Donnan's players? Good call.

The same guy who said Mark Richt was only winning because he had Jim Donnan's players? Good call.

Richt has not won without Donnan's players and recruiting really fell off this year for them unless you listen to Rivals which is state named school homercentric

Auburn went 11-0 the first year of probation in 1993 and lost to UT in the championship in 1997 four years later. We recruited just fine..........so maybe bammer is NOT such a great place to be since the cheating drunk died.

We'll beat some folks in '07 that we lost to this past season. 2008 will be stronger than '07 and so on. . . We'll be better. Much better.

And, townhallsavoy, you are right. Alabama is NOT LSU. The past 100 years of football prove that.

First? I'll give you Mississippi State. It will be a fight, but that's a game you could win. And maybe Arkansas because of all the nuttiness going on there. But the other five losses? Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Florida (now Georgia), and a potential bowl game? Not so much. Is it worth $4M to beat MSU? *snicker*

100 years? Who gives a rat's butt in a whirlwind what kind of football team Alabama had in 1907? Look at relevant factors. For the past quarter century, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, LSU and Georgia are TRADITIONALLY better programs tha Bama.

GG don't forget they pick up FSU in 2007 as well...

We'll beat some folks in '07 that we lost to this past season. 2008 will be stronger than '07 and so on. . . We'll be better. Much better.

And, townhallsavoy, you are right. Alabama is NOT LSU. The past 100 years of football prove that.

First? I'll give you Mississippi State. It will be a fight, but that's a game you could win. And maybe Arkansas because of all the nuttiness going on there. But the other five losses? Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Florida (now Georgia), and a potential bowl game? Not so much. Is it worth $4M to beat MSU? *snicker*

100 years? Who gives a rat's butt in a whirlwind what kind of football team Alabama had in 1907? Look at relevant factors. For the past quarter century, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, LSU and Georgia are TRADITIONALLY better programs tha Bama.

LSU has not been better over the past 25 years. They're better now, but not over a span of the past 25 years. We've also got a winning record against them over that time period, as well.

And, who cares what kind of team Auburn, Tennessee, LSU, Florida, and Georgia had in 1981? Pick and choose. Pick and choose.

"Why? Because I said so." -- Galen

since the cheating drunk died.

Wow, you're all class.

Not like you haven't heard it before, still pretty classless and lame. That is no way to speak of the dead, he may have been a drunk and a cheat but let the man lie in peace.

Dominance? The most you've beaten us by is 10 points. A probation crippled (yes, admit it) and Shula "coached" Alabama team is what you've been going up against. The most you could beat us by is 10? That's hardly dominating.

Yes, and if you've watched the games, you had to notice that in several of them, at least, Tubs called the dogs off. Puh-leeeeeeeeeeze....

I am telling you...8-4, then 10-2, then if he does not beat us the third year, he is GONE. Make no mistake...Regardless of what any Bama fan says...they hired a rockstar for one reason: to beat Auburn.

The reason why is, you can't be "championship caliber" without beating Auburn. You are not going to win the SEC West without beating us.

It will go like this....

2007 Alabama Crimson Tide

Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina Tuscaloosa W

Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt* at Nashville, Tenn. W

Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas* Tuscaloosa W

Sat, Sep 22 Georgia* Tuscaloosa L*

Sat, Sep 29 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla. L**

Sat, Oct 06 Houston Tuscaloosa W

Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss* at Oxford, Miss. W

Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee* Tuscaloosa L***

Sat, Nov 03 LSU* Tuscaloosa W****

Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State* at Starkville, Miss. W

Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe Tuscaloosa W

Sat, Nov 24 Auburn* at Auburn, Ala. L*****

Final Record 8-4

*Mark Richt will have his team back this year after a dismal 06.

**This is basically a home game for FSU, eventhough it is supposed to be neutral. This is kind of a throwback game of the 70s caliber, but Bama will be in over their heads with this one.

***Saban has a bullseye on his back and this one may get ugly.

****They take their revenge for Les Miles' comments in the off season. Saban beats his old team, for his signature win of 07.

*****This game will be pure emotion for the first half, just like last time they came to Auburn. It will get out of hand early, and Bama will look good in the 2nd half too-little-too-late.

LSU will pound the bargeezes out of Bamar...so let it be written...so let it be done! B)

Face it. The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

setting-eggs.jpg

Let's see. Yes. That's exactly 47 chickens.

"Continue to fear, 6 is near!"

It's arrogance. But you guys like to disguise it as "confidence."

No...it's better football players and coaches.... :thumbsup:

You UATers wrote the book on arrogance, so don't even bring up that topic.

I guess you guys wrote the book on Sociology.

And Brodie wrote the one on Basket Weaving! :poke:

Yeah...UGA was great last year with...oh, wait...no they weren't. :no:

Wow, you're all class.

Hey...that guy caused me a lot of grief from my Bamar Daddy when i was a child...and the Bahr was a cheating drunk. Do you find some untruth in the statement, or is it just your homerism...which I can deal with.

Wow, you're all class.

Hey...that guy caused me a lot of grief from my Bamar Daddy when i was a child...and the Bahr was a cheating drunk. Do you find some untruth in the statement, or is it just your homerism...which I can deal with.

It's because the Bahr is a savior to them. An almost mythical figure.

Because of their blasphemous idolization of this man, making disparaging comments, true as they may be, about him is on par with making similar comments about Jesus Christ in their minds.

Refer to this MZone article for more of what I mean.

I just know if Bama fans said the same thing about Shug you guys would be all up in arms.

You may want to try and spin that, but it does not hold water. As Pat Dye would say, "That dog wont hunt!"

While AU fans acknowledge Shug's place in AU football history, there are none who worship him the way the Bammer nation does the Baar. No where in the AU nation will you see the total and complete idolization displayed universally by Bama fans for the Baar. AUChizad was correct when he called it blasphemous idolization.

I just know if Bama fans said the same thing about Shug you guys would be all up in arms.

How many statues of Shug are in Auburn?

How many times have you heard an auburn fan say the phrase "dig up Shug?"

How many songs have been written about the day Shug died?

What kind of hat did Shug wear?

You see, Shug wasn't just a hero at Auburn University, he was an American hero.

"During World War II Coach Jordan was in the first wave of troops in the invasions of North Africa, Sicily, and Normandy, where he was wounded and awarded the purple heart and the Bronze Star. Recovering from his wounds, he participated as a front line officer in the invasion of Okinawa and in the Philippine campaign. As a member of the Army Corps of Engineers, Jordan became a major in World War II. He was one of the few men who took part in the four invasions previously mentioned. (Northern Africa, Sicily, Normandy, and Okinawa) "

Now, it's understandable that Bryant is more idolized, he was more than just the greatest coach at Alabama, he was, arguably, the greatest coach in college football. And that deserves recognition, but the problem is that there is reasonable recognition, and there is obsession. A statue is reasonable recognition. Wearing the same hat he wore even decades after his death, is obsession. Saying that Bryant was the greatest coach in college football is opinionated, yet reasonable recognition. Comparing every coach that comes to your school after him to him and susequently firing each coach because he isn't up to bryant standards in 3 or 4 years, is obsession. Pictures of him posted around athletic facilities as a reminder to strive to do your best is reasonable recognition. Naming your child Paul after him, rather than after Paul the apostle, or just because you like the name Paul, talking about him as if he were still alive, wishing that he were still alive, and visiting his grave more than once when you never knew him are all obsessive.

Are you starting to see the point I'm making?

I wasn't talking about the idolization of Coach Bryant. Merely the "dead cheating drunk" comment.

I don't think its cool to speak of dead people like that. And had I said the same thing about Shug...regardless of how important he is to AU fans...it would have caused an uproar.

I wasn't talking about the idolization of Coach Bryant. Merely the "dead cheating drunk" comment.

I don't think its cool to speak of dead people like that. And had I said the same thing about Shug...regardless of how important he is to AU fans...it would have caused an uproar.

At what point can you stop being so sensitive about him if my previous statement weren't true.

I'm 24 and the man died 3 months after I was born. He's as real to me as Winston Churchill. Yes, I know they both existed. I've seen pictures of them in books. But they've both been dead before I've ever had a consious thought. Is anyone going to gasp in shock if you call Winston Churchill a dead drunk? Because he is dead, and he was a drunk.

Lester Bangs, John Belushi, and Philip K. Dick all died within a year of Bear Bryant. Would you be equally offended if someone casually referred to any of them in passing as a dead drug addict? Because all of them are dead, and all of them were drug addicts.

Now, had Bear died a month ago, or even five years ago, then I could understand the sensitivity. But the man has been gone virtually as long as I have been alive. The only reason bammers get so defensive about it is because he's more than a man to you. He's a false idol.

Bury the hat. It's your only chance at salvation both as a football program and in the grander scheme.

Yeah...UGA was great last year with...oh, wait...no they weren't. :no:

Do I really need to post what you think I will? <_<

BS...even when people are prone to agree w/ you, you tend to mess it up with your misconceived preconceived notion that aubie posters on this board care about what bama posters think on all topics related to alabama.

sure, you could post something similar about shug...and i'm sure posters on the board would call you out on it, primarily because there is no evidence to suggest that shug was anywhere in the same league as bryant when it came to being a drunkard. but they would also call you out on it because this is an auburn board, and while you may not have recognized it, a lot of aubies don't care for alabama fans in general, and especially those alabama fans who post over here insisting on fairness like they were being cheated at recess.

your post over here disparaging shug would be treated exactly like a post on a tide forum would be that disparages the bahr.

Archived