Poll on TideSports.com

JohnDeere

Sorry to say but several people on here are wrong. Ohio State lost a game in 1957, at home to TCU by the score of 18-14.

That's what I get for assuming. I just always assumed they were undefeated that year. Ohio State is one team I don't bother to look into. With that fact in play, it is even more egregious that there was a split.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to say but several people on here are wrong. Ohio State lost a game in 1957, at home to TCU by the score of 18-14.

That's what I get for assuming. I just always assumed they were undefeated that year. Ohio State is one team I don't bother to look into. With that fact in play, it is even more egregious that there was a split.

I agree, I don't know what voters were thinking back then. I have read where Woody Hayes asked "Whom has Auburn played?", well whomever Auburn played in 1957 got beat by the Tigers, and more than likely got shut out.

I agree, I don't know what voters were thinking back then. I have read where Woody Hayes asked "Whom has Auburn played?", well whomever Auburn played in 1957 got beat by the Tigers, and more than likely got shut out.

As hard as it may be to believe, back then there was even more of a bias for the Big 10 than there is now. When I was in the service several of my Chiefs were from Michigan, Ohio & Pennsylvania. We had quite a few heated debates concerning the two conferences.

Archived