Poll on TideSports.com

JohnDeere

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

That's pretty ballsy.

What can I say? I let it all hang out.

The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

That's pretty ballsy.

No explaination needed. :)

Face it. The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

OH, our dominance has already ended without a loss in 5 years?? :roflol: Hiring PiNICKio does NOT guarantee uat success. Might want to actually win a game, say the MSU game, before you worry about Auburn or say our dominance against uat is over. baby steps, win, baby steps...

Dominance? The most you've beaten us by is 10 points. A probation crippled (yes, admit it) and Shula "coached" Alabama team is what you've been going up against. The most you could beat us by is 10? That's hardly dominating.

I've said it a thousand times and I'll now say it for #1,001. Auburn has been the better overall team, has had more talent, and has had better coaches during the streak. I'm not doubting that or tyring to put a tarnish on your accomplishments in any way. Go ahead and celebrate - you've earned it. Yet, I wouldn't be saying that you'll dominate us in the future just because you've beaten a couple mediocre 'Bama teams.

I'm not saying that we'll dominate you, either. All I'm saying is that they playing field has been leveled and the days, as short as they were, of Alabama being a likely win are over.

Dominance? The most you've beaten us by is 10 points. A probation crippled (yes, admit it) and Shula "coached" Alabama team is what you've been going up against. The most you could beat us by is 10? That's hardly dominating.

I've said it a thousand times and I'll now say it for #1,001. Auburn has been the better overall team, has had more talent, and has had better coaches during the streak. I'm not doubting that or tyring to put a tarnish on your accomplishments in any way. Go ahead and celebrate - you've earned it. Yet, I wouldn't be saying that you'll dominate us in the future just because you've beaten a couple mediocre 'Bama teams.

I'm not saying that we'll dominate you, either. All I'm saying is that they playing field has been leveled and the days, as short as they were, of Alabama being a likely win are over.

Win, the point spread is irrelevant to my use of the term DOMINATING. My use of the term was to encompass the last 5 years....yes we've dominated by winning 5 straight. Just like we were dominating in the late 80's winning 4 straight.

Now, you uat fans really should hold a meeting to decide which story you are gonna use and stick with it. All we heard from you uat fans after 2005 was 10 win season, and #8 national ranking...yet we beat that team..the 2002 uat team won 10 games as well, but also lost to Auburn. You boast and brag about your ten win seasons in one breath and then in the very next breath saying how we beat some mediocre bama teams... Which is it gonna be??

We just want to know why you think that "the playing field has been leveled." A coaching change? Wasn't your last coach supposed to take you to the promised land? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good coach. Can't say too much about his integrity but that's not what you hired him for. I just think that declaring bama's next MNC is a bit premature.

Win, the point spread is irrelevant to my use of the term DOMINATING. My use of the term was to encompass the last 5 years....yes we've dominated by winning 5 straight. Just like we were dominating in the late 80's winning 4 straight.

Now, you uat fans really should hold a meeting to decide which story you are gonna use and stick with it. All we heard from you uat fans after 2005 was 10 win season, and #8 national ranking...yet we beat that team..the 2002 uat team won 10 games as well, but also lost to Auburn. You boast and brag about your ten win seasons in one breath and then in the very next breath saying how we beat some mediocre bama teams... Which is it gonna be??

2002 was a great team but was not ready to play in the Iron Bowl. I imagine they smelled a rat in the Fran to TAMU rumors. I think that's the only time in the streak that we've had better players and should've won the game. Too bad, for us, that our superior ability didn't amount to a hill of beans. Outside of that, AU has been the better team and has played the better game. The 2005 Bama squad was an interesting animal. We had some strengths and some weaknesses. In the AU game, our weaknesses easily outweighed our strengths and we got embarrassed. That's easily the most lopsided contest over the past 5 year. I'll say it, you dominated in every aspect of the game that afternoon.

I'm not bragging about 10 win seasons, at all.

We just want to know why you think that "the playing field has been leveled." A coaching change? Wasn't your last coach supposed to take you to the promised land? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good coach. Can't say too much about his integrity but that's not what you hired him for. I just think that declaring bama's next MNC is a bit premature.

Honestly, we could have hired a trained monkey as coach and we would have been better off than we were under Shula. There's no doubting that Saban is a great coach and that Bama has been playing with less than a full deck, both on the field and on the sidelines, the past few seasons. Coaching and talent? We've had neither. I'm not saying that we will have another national title in year 200_ but I do know that we have taken a step in the right direction with this hire. The schoolboy is out and the principal is in. It's as simple as that.

We'll beat some folks in '07 that we lost to this past season.

At first I was thinking that was an arrogant statement. But after looking at the teams Bama lost to this past year, I realize you are correct. All you have to do is beat Mississippi State. :P

Bama losses in 2006

Arkansas

Florida

Tennessee

Mississippi State

LSU

Auburn

Oklahoma State

At first I was thinking that was an arrogant statement. But after looking at the teams Bama lost to this past year, I realize you are correct. All you have to do is beat Mississippi State. :P

Bama losses in 2006

Arkansas

Florida

Tennessee

Mississippi State

LSU

Auburn

Oklahoma State

UAT losses in 2007

Arkansas

Georgia

Tennessee

FSU

LSU

Auburn

& my upset special: Vanderbilt

They may get one of these or even two but not much more...

I am telling you...8-4, then 10-2, then if he does not beat us the third year, he is GONE. Make no mistake...Regardless of what any Bama fan says...they hired a rockstar for one reason: to beat Auburn.

The reason why is, you can't be "championship caliber" without beating Auburn. You are not going to win the SEC West without beating us.

It will go like this....

2007 Alabama Crimson Tide

Sat, Sep 01 Western Carolina Tuscaloosa W

Sat, Sep 08 Vanderbilt* at Nashville, Tenn. W

Sat, Sep 15 Arkansas* Tuscaloosa W

Sat, Sep 22 Georgia* Tuscaloosa L*

Sat, Sep 29 Florida State at Jacksonville, Fla. L**

Sat, Oct 06 Houston Tuscaloosa W

Sat, Oct 13 Ole Miss* at Oxford, Miss. W

Sat, Oct 20 Tennessee* Tuscaloosa L***

Sat, Nov 03 LSU* Tuscaloosa W****

Sat, Nov 10 Mississippi State* at Starkville, Miss. W

Sat, Nov 17 Louisiana-Monroe Tuscaloosa W

Sat, Nov 24 Auburn* at Auburn, Ala. L*****

Final Record 8-4

*Mark Richt will have his team back this year after a dismal 06.

**This is basically a home game for FSU, eventhough it is supposed to be neutral. This is kind of a throwback game of the 70s caliber, but Bama will be in over their heads with this one.

***Saban has a bullseye on his back and this one may get ugly.

****They take their revenge for Les Miles' comments in the off season. Saban beats his old team, for his signature win of 07.

*****This game will be pure emotion for the first half, just like last time they came to Auburn. It will get out of hand early, and Bama will look good in the 2nd half too-little-too-late.

Bama losses in 2006

Arkansas

Florida

Tennessee

Mississippi State

LSU

Auburn

Oklahoma State

UAT losses in 2007

Arkansas

Georgia

Tennessee

FSU

LSU

Auburn

& my upset special: :om:

It is the week before the :ut: game, :ua: will be looking ahead. :om: will have a good bit of talent. Shrek is looking desperately for a signature win. :om: has played :ua: close as they can for two years now.

Bama losses in 2006

Arkansas

Florida

Tennessee

Mississippi State

LSU

Auburn

Oklahoma State

UAT losses in 2007

Arkansas

Georgia

Tennessee

FSU

LSU

Auburn

& my upset special: :om:

It is the week before the :ut: game, :ua: will be looking ahead. :om: will have a good bit of talent. Shrek is looking desperately for a signature win. :om: has played :ua: close as they can for two years now.

so are you agreeing with my seven losses + ole miss or trading Vandy for Ole Miss??

Face it. The days of Auburn (and Alabama) dominating this series is over. For us, it officially ended when Stallings left. For you, it ended on 1/3/07. Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

setting-eggs.jpg

Let's see. Yes. That's exactly 47 chickens.

setting-eggs.jpg

"Continue to fear, 6 is near!"

It's arrogance. But you guys like to disguise it as "confidence."

setting-eggs.jpg

Fear the Thumb and the less popular "Continue to fear, 6 is near." Aren't complete arogance. Half of it is just well deserved revenge on the uat fanbase for the utter shite they've given us over the years, the other half is confidence based in the fact that last year we had a better team and we knew it, and this year, I still think we have a better team. With a new coach and staff at uat, we can be confident that we'll win the Iron Bowl for a sixth straight year. Of course, having the stronger team doesn't always mean that that team will win, but it's still more likely. So it really is confidence, arrogance would be if Auburn, hypothetically, got a new coach and hyped him up as the best thing since 1992 before he even set foot in Jordan-Hare for a game.

setting-eggs.jpg

You UATers wrote the book on arrogance, so don't even bring up that topic. There isn't a more arrogant fan base anywhere in the WORLD in any sport than the fans of uat... Look at the posts from you and the rest of the uaters on this very board for proof of that.

You UATers wrote the book on arrogance, so don't even bring up that topic.

I guess you guys wrote the book on Sociology.

I would respond to that, but I am already late for my directed reading class.

You UATers wrote the book on arrogance, so don't even bring up that topic.

I guess you guys wrote the book on Sociology.

yeah, but nobody read it.

Both of us should be happy to win 5 per decade, now.

if 5 and 5 is all win has hangin' out, then maybe another nickname is in order.

setting-eggs.jpg

No, that is trash talking. You need to recognize the difference.

"Honk if you Sacked Brody" = trash talking

"Fear the Thumb" = trash talking

"Contine to fear, 6 is near" = trash talking

Calling your stadium "Tubberville/Denny Stadium" = trash talking

Hiring a rockstar for $40 million and claiming you will win a MNC in 3 years = delusion

Saying you did not hire him to beat Auburn first and foremost, especially when one of the first things out of his mouth was "we will work 365 to dominate our opponent in this state" = flat out lying

We'll beat some folks in '07 that we lost to this past season. 2008 will be stronger than '07 and so on. . . We'll be better. Much better.

And, townhallsavoy, you are right. Alabama is NOT LSU. The past 100 years of football prove that.

First? I'll give you Mississippi State. It will be a fight, but that's a game you could win. And maybe Arkansas because of all the nuttiness going on there. But the other five losses? Tennessee, LSU, Auburn, Florida (now Georgia), and a potential bowl game? Not so much. Is it worth $4M to beat MSU? *snicker*

100 years? Who gives a rat's butt in a whirlwind what kind of football team Alabama had in 1907? Look at relevant factors. For the past quarter century, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, LSU and Georgia are TRADITIONALLY better programs tha Bama.

Stallings dominated Auburn? any chance of bammer domination in the series ended when the game left bammer's home away from home - Legion Field

In 2002, at Tuscaloosa, bammer scores its first points in the rivalry on their home field (103 years?) after falling behind 17-0. Auburn is content to let a freshman RB carry the ball and run out the clock. bammer never threatens the end zone or in the game again.

In 2003, if not for stupid turnovers the game is 30-2 at half. Alabama never threatened in the game

In 2004, we scored on the first 3 possessions of the second half to lead 21-6 and then ran the clock out. Not to mention a meaningless 'hail marry' that was answered against a 3rd string corner that never has seen the field again. Alabama never possessed the ball in the 4th quarter with a chance to tie or take the lead. That does not meet the definition of a close football game.

In 2005, we could have hung half a hundred on that stellar bammer defense (and you know it) and bammer scored 11 points late on our 3rd and 4th stringers.

so, to sum it up for you.......we absolutely dominated your hind end in 2002, 2003, 2004, & 2005.

That probation crap is bunk as well..........Danny Sheridan has said it is not even a reasonable excuse.

bammer has made a good hire in Saban, the money man, but has also dealt a crushing blow to the economics of college football because of their desperation to win.

I think it's very reasonable for him to have us on a "championship level" in 3-4 years. Actually winning the thing is beyond tough. For example, you guys were on a championship level in '04, LSU was this season, Oregon in '01. You don't have to actually play in the NC game to be a contender. . .

We'll beat some folks in '07 that we lost to this past season. 2008 will be stronger than '07 and so on. . . We'll be better. Much better.

And, townhallsavoy, you are right. Alabama is NOT LSU. The past 100 years of football prove that.

I disagree, unless he can have some phenomenal recruiting classes within the next few years...and I just don't see that happening...good, sure, but not phenomenal...again, this isn't Louisiana. And this years group of recruits is certainly not going to be the end all for Bamar in 3-4 years...so where does that leave you??? :no:

:au::homer:

Archived