It took less than a day

Tigermike

Oh well what should one expect. :violin::violin::violin::violin::violin:

CBS’s Lesley Stahl is worried the U.S. might “torture” Saddam Hussein by depriving him of sleep or making him “very cold” or “very hot.” Interviewing Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld for Sunday’s 60 Minutes, Stahl wanted Rumsfeld to confirm: “The Red Cross can see him soon?” She soon raised the notion of “torture,” demanding to know: “Would we deprive him of sleep, would we make it very cold where he is, or very hot? Are there any restrictions on the way we treat him to get him to cooperate more than he has been?” When Rumsfeld insisted we would we follow the Geneva Conventions, that wasn’t good enough for Stahl who pressed: “Sleep deprivation, that kind of thing. You're ruling it completely out, is that what you're telling us?”

http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2...b20031215.asp#3

:violin::violin::violin::violin::violin:

I was just watching Katie Couric (and should have my butt kicked for doing so) on the Today Show bemoan the failure of Saddams capture in stopping the violence in Iraq. Absolutely amazing how quickly the media switches to negative mode.

Guest AuNuma1

He's been living in a rat hole for several months now!!! He's been torturing himself!! Too hot?? Too cold?? wtf??? :blink:

And didn't Saddam hold public executions at one point? Too bad we don't believe in an "eye for an eye..."

I was just watching Katie Couric (and should have my butt kicked for doing so) on the Today Show bemoan the failure of Saddams capture in stopping the violence in Iraq. Absolutely amazing how quickly the media switches to negative mode.

As I stated in a previous post, if the violence continues in Iraq after Saddam's capture, it might point out that it was Al Quida behind the attacks on our troops instead of Saddam Hussein. It also points out that while we were diverting troops and intelligence from the REAL war on terror and spending billions on capturing Hussein, Al Quida and the Taliban have regrouped and are back to their pre-Afghan war ways, even threatening to retake Afghanistan. Overthrowing and capturing Hussein is a great thing but I'm not sure we picked the right time for that particular fight.

As I stated in a previous post, if the violence continues in Iraq after Saddam's capture, it might point out that it was Al Quida behind the attacks on our troops instead of Saddam Hussein. It also points out that while we were diverting troops and intelligence from the REAL war on terror and spending billions on capturing Hussein, Al Quida and the Taliban have regrouped and are back to their pre-Afghan war ways, even threatening to retake Afghanistan. Overthrowing and capturing Hussein is a great thing but I'm not sure we picked the right time for that particular fight.

Glass half full you say?

It also points out that while we were diverting troops and intelligence from the REAL war on terror and spending billions on capturing Hussein, Al Quida and the Taliban have regrouped and are back to their pre-Afghan war ways, even threatening to retake Afghanistan. Overthrowing and capturing Hussein is a great thing but I'm not sure we picked the right time for that particular fight.

The Afghan front has been very quiet since the Tora Bora campaign. It's not that we've diverted troops at all. We have the same troop strength in Afghanistan as we did prior to the start of the Iraq campaign. The Taliban are no where near the strength they were prior to us opening up a can on them.

FYI, the REAL war on terror is being waged worldwide....it's not confined solely to Afghanistan or Iraq. We have troops in places you've probably never heard of doing things that aren't being reported. You're only receiving information on maybe 15% of our involvement. That's what makes me sit back and chuckle when I read the, "We're stuck in a quagmire" or "Why are we in Iraq? The war on terror is in Afghanistan" posts.

When is the "right time" for a particular fight? When the UN gives us the green light? Where were they on 9/11?

FYI, the REAL war on terror is being waged worldwide....it's not confined solely to Afghanistan or Iraq. We have troops in places you've probably never heard of doing things that aren't being reported. You're only receiving information on maybe 15% of our involvement. That's what makes me sit back and chuckle when I read the, "We're stuck in a quagmire" or "Why are we in Iraq? The war on terror is in Afghanistan" posts.

That is something that the democrats seemingly don't understand, but something that the American people understood clearly after 9/11. That is the war on terror must be fought, it might be long and it might be hard, but it must be fought. President George W. Bush knew it as well and understood. The American people (republican & democrat) believed him when he said "We will get you". The American people expect him to do that.

Exactly the point I dont think some people understand.

You can wage a war against Afghanistan. You can wage a war against Germany, Italy, and Japan. People understand that.

But, when you wage a war without borders that is against underground powers, people don't seem to understand. Its like the "war on drugs." Drugs isn't a country that can fight back. "Drugs" represents those major drug lords that undercut American society. The war on terror reaches into the Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, etc. Any country that knowingly harbors terrorists is a threat to the USA.

Any country that knowingly harbors terrorists is a threat to the USA.

Not only the USA, but the entire world. That is what is hard for me to understand how anyone could not want to put an end to terrorist activities.

Archived