uat's gottfried

WarTiger

I love this one :big:

gottfreidfark5jv4.jpg

I liked this one. It had the caption of "The only way 'Bama goes to the Big Dance this year."

gottfreidandpriceat4.jpg

I liked this one. It had the caption of "The only way 'Bama goes to the Big Dance this year."

gottfreidandpriceat4.jpg

That needed a monitor warning! Seriously!

Is Gottfried in trouble with his job as of late?

Bama had a high ranking most of the year and I see they didnt make the tournament.

Just curious...BG has never seemed very high on him even though they got to the Elite 8 a few years back.

• 5 weeks later...
Is Gottfried in trouble with his job as of late?

Bama had a high ranking most of the year and I see they didnt make the tournament.

Just curious...BG has never seemed very high on him even though they got to the Elite 8 a few years back.

I like CMG a lot. But he has to get control of his players. He always seems to have plenty of talent, but gets blown out 3-4 times a year. I mean like by 25-30 points. Until he decides to make his players hustle and play defense, he will be on a very hot seat.

I like CMG a lot. But he has to get control of his players.

Sounds familiar.

Well, CMG's players don't cause problems off the court. They just lack that hustle element.

Sounds familiar.

Well, CMG's players don't cause problems off the court. They just lack that hustle element.

That's one thing I've noticed as well. It caught up to them in two losses to an admittedly less talented Auburn team that did hustle.

Sounds familiar.

You are right. They have not been problem athletes off the court. Which brings up an interesting debate about maybe not which one is more important (because I think we can all agree on being good citizens is) but where is the line between winning and losing, good citizens and thugs to be drawn?

Guest Tigrinum Major

Point taken. You know what I attribute that particular fact to? Not that you particularly care, but I think it is due to the fact that the kids he recruits (like Steele and Hendrix) had strong father figures in their lives. I see Ronald's dad at his little brother's games and Hendrix's dad was his high school coach.

Maybe Mark needs to put a boot up the team's collective rear end. I don't think it's the kids' fault. I think Markie is too soft.

Point taken. You know what I attribute that particular fact to? Not that you particularly care, but I think it is due to the fact that the kids he recruits (like Steele and Hendrix) had strong father figures in their lives. I see Ronald's dad at his little brother's games and Hendrix's dad was his high school coach.

Maybe Mark needs to put a boot up the team's collective rear end. I don't think it's the kids' fault. I think Markie is too soft.

That's exactly why I'd love to see what Lebo could do with the caliber of talent that CMG has been working with. I think Lebo walked in sticking his foot up the collective arses of his team and the ones who didn't like it, bolted for softer, greener pastures. I still think Auburn is one decent big man and one decent shooting guard away from being even average with regard to overall talent. Lebo has worked wonders with a bunch 6'3" kids who can't shoot a lick.

What could he do with Hendrix and Steele and Davidson etc.

I think he's recruited some good, and some bad. The bad quit because they weren't starting over guys like Winston and Steele as FRESHMEN...so when Ron went down this year, we really had no answer.

With Ron, we are a middle of the field tourney team. Without, well you see what we are.

But if our guys hustled and played a little more defense, even without Ron, we would have made the tourney.

Some of CMGs recruiting woes have come with getting guys who are too individually talented. Guys like Gee who KNOW they'll play pro, so they already have that pro mindset.

Archived