uat sprang tranin

Tigerguy

Nah... we'll beat a few.

We won't go o-fer against Arkansas, FSU, UGA, UT, LSU, and AU. I predict we win 3 out of that group.

Wanna wager on that? ;)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you think about it, nobody really dominates anyone.

Do what? :blink:

I think you can admit someone has been dominated by an instate school here over the past 5 years. Come on, man. Admit it.

The truth shall set you free! Praise Jesus!

Seems to me, we pretty much dominated everyone we played in 04'......

Do what? :blink:

I think you can admit someone has been dominated by an instate school here over the past 5 years. Come on, man. Admit it.

The truth shall set you free! Praise Jesus!

Seems to me, we pretty much dominated everyone we played in 04'......

No, he means "nobody really dominates anyone" as in "no one really beats Bama continuously at their home field across three centuries". That's not domination. Heck, when you think about it, we didn't even dominate them in the '05 Iron Bowl. We absolutely blistered them, but it wasn't exactly what you'd call "domination". Well, Brodie may have felt dominated at times, but when you look at it closely and really think about it he wasn't really being dominated at all! BG's right....nobody really dominates anyone anymore.

BG's right....nobody really dominates anyone anymore.

Come on now, I didn't say that.

You're right, bud, I misattributed that quote. I should have said that one belonged to Wincrimson.

UF wins the national championship, yet can only beat Vandy by 6. UGA lost to Vandy and UK. We lost to MSU. LSU, considered by many to be the best team in '06, lost 2 games in the conference.

Just win, baby.

Well, to just be straight...I don't think Bama beats any big boys next year on their schedule. That's what I meant.

I think we match up very well against FSU. And I wouldn't be shocked if we beat UT and split LSU, AU.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if you spit LS-Who and Auburn. :no:

:au::homer:

UF wins the national championship, yet can only beat Vandy by 6. UGA lost to Vandy and UK. We lost to MSU. LSU, considered by many to be the best team in '06, lost 2 games in the conference.

Just win, baby.

Well, to just be straight...I don't think Bama beats any big boys next year on their schedule. That's what I meant.

I think we match up very well against FSU. And I wouldn't be shocked if we beat UT and split LSU, AU.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if you spit LS-Who and Auburn. :no:

:au::homer:

I wouldnt. Both of those games played first of the year and we are for sure 0-2. But by the end of the season, of freshmen arent freshmen. And looking at us vs LSU...I think we are stronger at the Secondary, QB, WR positions. And our DLine (biggest weakness) will be stronger assuming we avoid injury. I could see us winning that game. I think if Cox stays healthy, AU will be a tough one.

I think FSU is going to destroy some teams this year. Top 5 talent. I think FSU beats Bama up good.

But, I think FSU would beat UGA too. So, I am not putting Bama down.

Fisher is going to blow them up with his hard-nosed, strict style that FSU has so desperatly needed

I think FSU is going to destroy some teams this year. Top 5 talent. I think FSU beats Bama up good.

Fisher is going to blow them up with his hard-nosed, strict style that FSU has so desperatly needed

You don't think it will take them a little while to get comfortable with Fisher's system?

You're right, bud, I misattributed that quote. I should have said that one belonged to Wincrimson.

The highest margin of victory is 10? You're beating us, don't get me wrong... but dominating? I see "dominating" as those 62-0 games. Not 22-15 or 17-7 or 28-23. That's winning, of course. Dominating? Hardly.

Pretty useless debate anyway. If you want to call it "domination", then go right ahead.

You don't think it will take them a little while to get comfortable with Fisher's system?

They have more talent than UA. You don't think it will take Bama a little while to get comfortable with Applewhite's system? When things are equal, talent wins out generally.

The highest margin of victory is 10? You're beating us, don't get me wrong... but dominating? I see "dominating" as those 62-0 games. Not 22-15 or 17-7 or 28-23. That's winning, of course. Dominating? Hardly.

Pretty useless debate anyway. If you want to call it "domination", then go right ahead.

Win, when a team gets 11 sacks in a game, thats DOMINATION. When a team is so far in front so early that they throw 6 passes the entire second half, that's DOMINATION. When it takes a hail marry (JPW's best play) to score a TD inside the last minute to cut the deficit to 10 points, that's DOMINATION. Hiding behind the 10 point margin of victory is ok if it makes you happy, but don't spin this to make it sound like you actually had a chance to win any of these games.

I like to use the word "owned" more so than dominate, much like Tubby owns BDS, how he owned Shula.

Win, when a team gets 11 sacks in a game, thats DOMINATION. When a team is so far in front so early that they throw 6 passes the entire second half, that's DOMINATION. When it takes a hail marry (JPW's best play) to score a TD inside the last minute to cut the deficit to 10 points, that's DOMINATION. Hiding behind the 10 point margin of victory is ok if it makes you happy, but don't spin this to make it sound like you actually had a chance to win any of these games.

Wasting your time. They don't understand the basic definition of class. When you have a team under control, you don't pour on the gas and try to humiliate them. You scale back the offense, tone down the defense and make them work.

Bahr, that epitome of the "class" they like to pretend they have was known for running up the score at every opportunity. They talk about his "class" all the time. They don't understand what true class looks like.

WarTiger

Doesn't he understand that Tubs was just trying to keep Shula around. ;);)

Wasting your time. They don't understand the basic definition of class. When you have a team under control, you don't pour on the gas and try to humiliate them. You scale back the offense, tone down the defense and make them work.

Bahr, that epitome of the "class" they like to pretend they have was known for running up the score at every opportunity. They talk about his "class" all the time. They don't understand what true class looks like.

now if i remember correctly, i remember AU's starters being in for the entire game against their cupcakes in 06 and also people here complaining because AU beat them by "only" 30 points and that they needed to score another touchdown or two to make it look good to the BCS. i guess THATS the "true class" you're talking about?

now if i remember correctly, i remember AU's starters being in for the entire game against their cupcakes in 06 and also people here complaining because AU beat them by "only" 30 points and that they needed to score another touchdown or two to make it look good to the BCS. i guess THATS the "true class" you're talking about?

OH, "you remember'?? Yeah, ok, rws remembers everyone, offers no tangible proof, but he remembers, guess thats enough proof to end this argument... :drippingsarcasm7pa:

OH, btw, RWS, it does often help if you actually research things rather than going from memory.... The Buffalo & MSU games are the only games we won by 30+ points last year: Of those two, Irons only played in the MSU game and Blake Field was 4-4 for 28 yards in this one, and we only scored a field goal in the 4th quarter.

Auburn 38, Buffalo 7

AUBURN, Ala. (AP) -- Backup tailbacks Brad Lester and Ben Tate rushed for two touchdowns apiece and No. 2 Auburn used a late surge for a 38-7 victory over Buffalo on Saturday.

Starter Kenny Irons watched from the sidelines with a sprained toe and ankle, though the offense appeared to limp more than him at times.

Favored by six touchdowns, Auburn (4-0) led by only 10 points until late in the third quarter of a game sandwiched between a physical 7-3 victory over LSU and a Thursday game at South Carolina.

Instead, a conservative game plan helped the Bulls (1-3) keep it a 10-point game until the final minute of the third quarter.

Then, Tre Smith ran for a 2-yard touchdown and Tate, a freshman, rushed for a 42-yarder and a 28-yarder in the fourth, finally allowing Auburn a more comfortable margin.

OH, "you remember'?? Yeah, ok, rws remembers everyone, offers no tangible proof, but he remembers, guess thats enough proof to end this argument... :drippingsarcasm7pa:

hey, GalensGhost uses that as his proof ALL the time! because he said so! i remember because i replied to many of those people saying they should be happy with a pretty good win, and that they should be happy they are winning period. you and i and alot of other people here all know there were people here saying that, so don't even try and turn a blind eye to it. if you do, you're just as delusional as you claim all of us bama fans are.

I will agree with the 05 game. 11 sacks was a complete meltdown. Also... you've gotta remember that there were several occasions where Croyle stepped up for 2 or 3 and was then tackled. The "11 sacks" is actually a pretty conservative number. The AU d-line was lived in our backfield and I've tried my hardest to forget that day. ;)

I will agree with the 05 game. 11 sacks was a complete meltdown. Also... you've gotta remember that there were several occasions where Croyle stepped up for 2 or 3 and was then tackled. The "11 sacks" is actually a pretty conservative number. The AU d-line was lived in our backfield and I've tried my hardest to forget that day. ;)

Every UAT game you witness in person or watch on TV, with the first 'sack' allowed by the UAT offensive line; you will instantly recall the 'beatdown' administered by the Auburn D-Line on UAT in 2005.

quick question to the bama fans, i'm hearing some ridiculous numbers being thrown around for yalls spring game, whats your take?

quick question to the bama fans, i'm hearing some ridiculous numbers being thrown around for yalls spring game, whats your take?

I'll say 50-55k.

It will be a larger number than in previous years, but I'm betting the decks won't have to be opened.

Archived