uat sprang tranin

Tigerguy

Yeah and if he doesn't switch to defense he'll be back home with mom and dad.

I like how going into this season BG was arguing that Darby will break the all time rushing record at Bammer and be one of the all time greats at the Crapstone. Then after the season, according to you, he was the fourth best on the team. Make up your mind BG.

Is it MY fault that the guy showed up to camp out of shape and never showed the same talent that he showed the prior 3 freaking seasons? Sheesh. I can't tell the future. But based on his previous three years of on the field performance, COMMON SENSE would tell anyone that he was on pace for a good senior season.

Don't sit here and tell me that you knew he was going to be a bust this year...because you'd have nothing to base that on. His senior year was the exact opposite of what all indicators were showing from his previous seasons.

I hate to do this ;)

BG is somewhat right, KD never really showed up last year...

I agree, KD never did really show up all year, and I hate it for him what he had to go through, but it sure didn't stop his mouth from running. "break off the thumb" talk when you aren't contributing wasn't a very wise move, IMO

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given what Darby had going on with his dad, it's no suprise he didn't perform. That's a lot for a young man to have on his plate.

Yeah, I agree. But the coaching staff should have set him. May be admirable on a personal level that they stuck with him, but not so smart on a coaching level.

Given what Darby had going on with his dad, it's no suprise he didn't perform. That's a lot for a young man to have on his plate.

Yeah, I agree. But the coaching staff should have set him. May be admirable on a personal level that they stuck with him, but not so smart on a coaching level.

"not so smart on the coaching level"..............hence the coaching change.

I agree, should have put him on the bench.....but over and done with now, good luck KD hopefully you will get drafted.

It looked to me that Ken darby's juke button was stuck.

Yeah and if he doesn't switch to defense he'll be back home with mom and dad.

I like how going into this season BG was arguing that Darby will break the all time rushing record at Bammer and be one of the all time greats at the Crapstone. Then after the season, according to you, he was the fourth best on the team. Make up your mind BG.

Is it MY fault that the guy showed up to camp out of shape and never showed the same talent that he showed the prior 3 freaking seasons? Sheesh. I can't tell the future. But based on his previous three years of on the field performance, COMMON SENSE would tell anyone that he was on pace for a good senior season.

Don't sit here and tell me that you knew he was going to be a bust this year...because you'd have nothing to base that on. His senior year was the exact opposite of what all indicators were showing from his previous seasons.

That wasn't my point at all BG. Anytime you guys lose someone to graduation (see Brodie last year and Darby this year) you act like you could have had the same record without them and that there is someone better waiting on the sidelines.

We at AU Nation tried to tell you that "rolling five deep" were average at best. Saban knew he was hurting at running back when he got there and you can tell that by the way he recruited them this year. Darby was your best option last year...

Darby was your best option last year...

You don't know what you are talking about. But going by what you are saying...we should see a HUGE drop off from the abysmal production we got out of an out of shape Ken Darby. Is that safe to say?

Darby was your best option last year...

You don't know what you are talking about. But going by what you are saying...we should see a HUGE drop off from the abysmal production we got out of an out of shape Ken Darby. Is that safe to say?

Yes, because none of your unproven studs have been able to stay healthy on the practice squad. What makes you think they can take a full SEC season?

Darby was your best option last year and I think Goode will be your best option next year. Will Goode be an upgrade over Darby? I don't know, but I think he is better than what you have currently on your roster.

Stay healthy? Terry Grant seperated his shoulder in the 3rd game of the year from a direct hit. And Coffee broke his leg.

People get injuries, it happens all the time.

How much time have you spent watching Roy Upchurch (parade all american) or Terry Grant (mr football in Miss)?

Stay healthy? Terry Grant seperated his shoulder in the 3rd game of the year from a direct hit. And Coffee broke his leg.

People get injuries, it happens all the time.

How much time have you spent watching Roy Upchurch (parade all american) or Terry Grant (mr football in Miss)?

Keep drinking the kool-aid BG and you'll continually have to make excuses when the season is over.

It's not about the running backs. It is about the UAT line. If it does not improve, then the running backs will not particularly improve. The ones on the bench last year would probably not done much better than KD. Unless the line improves, which is very questionable, then the backs will not look any better. Outside of left tackle and center I don't believe any of the other lineman are SEC caliber. I also don't buy the argument of the ones that did not play or were redshirted in 2006 were better. Nearly every line position was open at the start of 2006. The best players played.

The best players played.

Bingo. It's amazing how dumb "10-2 and 8th in the country" Shula got in just 15 weeks. He was so dumb he kept his best players on the bench while allowing inferior ones to cost him game after game.

No coach, not even a pee-wee coach, is that stupid. They play the best players -- unless their son is on the team and I didn't see any Shula's out there -- because they want to win. To suggest otherwise is just plain silly.

Darby ran a 4.72 at the combine and at his pro day.

That was the biggest problem with our running game.

4 of our 5 Olinemen are pretty good. Especially Stabler and Caldwell. And Andre was a consensus Freshman All American. Not to mention, McClain is probably the best lead blocking FB in the country (slated to be the second FB taken in the draft). We got KILLED from the right side. But even when there were holes, KD juked and juked and rolled his way into a closing gap.

He had the same problems at senior day.

Again, answer this question...if Darby was the best we had last year, shouldn't we expect a LOWER production year in the running game this year?

Darby ran a 4.72 at the combine and at his pro day.

That was the biggest problem with our running game.

4 of our 5 Olinemen are pretty good. Especially Stabler and Caldwell. And Andre was a consensus Freshman All American. Not to mention, McClain is probably the best lead blocking FB in the country (slated to be the second FB taken in the draft). We got KILLED from the right side. But even when there were holes, KD juked and juked and rolled his way into a closing gap.

He had the same problems at senior day.

Again, answer this question...if Darby was the best we had last year, shouldn't we expect a LOWER production year in the running game this year?

Based off the video I've seen of Goode, no. I'm telling you he might not be the starter against FSU but he will be the starter before the years out.

i never saw anything from KD saying that he thought he should be demoted. if that were the case, why wouldn't he have just refused to start if he was so interested in what was good for the team? i'm not so sure that we're "fine" at RB. anytime you lose your starter, you have to worry a little. now if jimmy johns was going to be the starter, i think that would ease my worry quite a bit. i think it will be well after the a-day game before we really know whats up.

Yeah, I was wondering where Buttplug pulled that little nugget of info from.

If Darby ever said anything like that, it would have been the end of him for sure.

Serious question here. for you RWS..do you think there is anybody that can beat out Jimmy Johns for the starting job? If so, who? Can Jimmy Johns carry the RB load by himself or is he going to need help?

Are you as a UAT fan comfortable with your QB situation?

to be honest, i don't really know if anybody else could beat him out for it. nobody else has really seen much playing time. i think everyone can agree that when JJ was in on plays last season, he wasn't playing around. he was a pretty good RB when we needed to just pound it in there. i like his smash mouth style. i think he is going to need some help developing at that position. if you asked me if he had to play a game right now and start and carry the load himself i'm not so sure that would be an ideal situation. but i think he has the potential to grow with the right coaching and conditioning.

as far as the QB situation, i'm quite comfortable with JPW, yes. if he gets hurt though, we might be in some trouble. probably about the only thing CMS was good at coaching was QB, so maybe there will be some surprises coming off the bench there. who knows. i am pleased with JPW's ability though. now i'm not going to say he's a world beater or anything, but you have to admit he didn't look too bad last season for a sophomore. he piled up some yards and made some great throws. maybe this season we will actually have an OL.

i think last season was one of the more frustrating seasons i've seen. i've never really agreed with any other bama fan who tries to make the excuse "well the talent just really isn't there..." thats bs, except maybe for the OL. thats whats so frustrating as a fan. the talent is there, imho. we have a pretty good WR corps, pretty good QB, but the running game was really dragging it down. when you're telegraphing the other team what play you're going to run, its hard to score points. i think the defense will standout this season. i think the offensive schemes will take some time to gel, but i think the defense will have teeth. i'm very cautious of this season, but i think the team really wants to win. you can almost sense the frustration some of them had, much like the fans had. like they were at the cusp of doing something great, but just never could follow through.

i never saw anything from KD saying that he thought he should be demoted. if that were the case, why wouldn't he have just refused to start if he was so interested in what was good for the team? i'm not so sure that we're "fine" at RB. anytime you lose your starter, you have to worry a little. now if jimmy johns was going to be the starter, i think that would ease my worry quite a bit. i think it will be well after the a-day game before we really know whats up.

Yeah, I was wondering where Buttplug pulled that little nugget of info from.

If Darby ever said anything like that, it would have been the end of him for sure.

Serious question here. for you RWS..do you think there is anybody that can beat out Jimmy Johns for the starting job? If so, who? Can Jimmy Johns carry the RB load by himself or is he going to need help?

Are you as a UAT fan comfortable with your QB situation?

to be honest, i don't really know if anybody else could beat him out for it. nobody else has really seen much playing time. i think everyone can agree that when JJ was in on plays last season, he wasn't playing around. he was a pretty good RB when we needed to just pound it in there. i like his smash mouth style. i think he is going to need some help developing at that position. if you asked me if he had to play a game right now and start and carry the load himself i'm not so sure that would be an ideal situation. but i think he has the potential to grow with the right coaching and conditioning.

as far as the QB situation, i'm quite comfortable with JPW, yes. if he gets hurt though, we might be in some trouble. probably about the only thing CMS was good at coaching was QB, so maybe there will be some surprises coming off the bench there. who knows. i am pleased with JPW's ability though. now i'm not going to say he's a world beater or anything, but you have to admit he didn't look too bad last season for a sophomore. he piled up some yards and made some great throws. maybe this season we will actually have an OL.

i think last season was one of the more frustrating seasons i've seen. i've never really agreed with any other bama fan who tries to make the excuse "well the talent just really isn't there..." thats bs, except maybe for the OL. thats whats so frustrating as a fan. the talent is there, imho. we have a pretty good WR corps, pretty good QB, but the running game was really dragging it down. when you're telegraphing the other team what play you're going to run, its hard to score points. i think the defense will standout this season. i think the offensive schemes will take some time to gel, but i think the defense will have teeth. i'm very cautious of this season, but i think the team really wants to win. you can almost sense the frustration some of them had, much like the fans had. like they were at the cusp of doing something great, but just never could follow through.

News flash!!!!! Jimmy Johns is now a LB....

Based off the video I've seen of Goode, no. I'm telling you he might not be the starter against FSU but he will be the starter before the years out.

Yeah, let's all proclaim Goode "next" because his high school highlight video is really cool and has a smooth soundtrack. Not buying it. I've seen some prep videos that will make your hair stand on end. And the guys turn out to be Darby. Senior Darby.

Yeah, let's all proclaim Goode "next" because his high school highlight video is really cool and has a smooth soundtrack. Not buying it. I've seen some prep videos that will make your hair stand on end. And the guys turn out to be Darby. Senior Darby.

unless of course he played for AU, then he would single handedly win 6 NC's next season.

i think the defense will have teeth.

Sadly most of the fans (99%) will have few.

as usual, GG is right on time to post something of absolutely no relevance to the thread. i'm glad most AU fans are mature enough to refrain from this....

as usual, GG is right on time to post something of absolutely no relevance to the thread. i'm glad most AU fans are mature enough to refrain from this....

99% are.

Have you been to a uat game? It's true. Most of the uat fans are snaggle-toothed. It's somewhat relevent. Your fans' mouths resemble your offensive line: an occasional standout player but beside him ... nothing.

All this talk of runningbacks and oline is interesting but does anybody think that Saban and the staff will improve the redzone offense? Alabama's redzone offense under Shula was a joke and just down right pitiful to watch.

All this talk of runningbacks and oline is interesting but does anybody think that Saban and the staff will improve the redzone offense? Alabama's redzone offense under Shula was a joke and just down right pitiful to watch.

It's physically impossible to do any worse.

Bama's red-zone O was really stat wise not THAT bad

http://www.secsports.com/new/sports/fbc/06...fldrs.htm\

Above UF and USC.....only reason I bring this up was to see if Shula beat out Richt for worst-red-zone Offensive coach ever and Richt barely beat him for being slightly better

I would have to agree with you on that point

Archived