CFN: Vandy Preview and "Are you thinking Arbys?"

BAMMERPERRY

It's not as funny the second time.

Served, double post FTW!

Actually, the fish sandwich at Arby's is really good. It's way better than any of the other places.

Okay, okay. You don't have to tell me twice. I'll try the cotton-picking thing.

interesting facts on vandy.

auburn has played them 39 times, with the series tied 19-19-1. BUT only 13 of those have been played since 1978. auburn hasn't lost to them since 1955 in the gator bowl. all 19 of vandys wins have come before 1955, with 9 of them coming before 1920 and 5 of them before 1910.

interesting side note...bammer has played vandy 81 times, BUT in the first 39 that bammer played against them, their record was 19-16-4. and btw, the only teams they have played more...tennessee (89 times) and miss st (91 times). thank goodness for bear playing them ever year.

We have an interesting disparity here. According to the AU Media Guide, we are 20-19-1 against Vandy... ??? Anyway, on with the Arby's discussion...

Edit: Apparently 19-19-1 is right. When you look at the section "Records vs. All Opponents" it says 20-19-1, but if you take the time to go back through the yearly records and count, you get 19-19-1. Either a goof by the editors, or just an attempt to save face and embellish a winning record against the Dores and hope no one noticed.

How can Waffle House not be mentioned in the discussion of late-night alcohol induced eating? There wasn't a WH in Auburn when I was there (92 grad, yes I know, the name my user name is original) but I've spent many a late night in Atlanta trying to head off a hangovere with a Waffle House double cheeseburger with a double order of hash browns scattered, smothered, and covered. Nothing better at 3am after having just seen Mel and the Party Hats at the (now defunct) Chameleon Club.

For me its either Waffle House or Krystal. Unfortunately, it is becoming tough to find a Krystal worker who has the mental acuity to make a Krystal burger sans onions. I swear they don't even make an effort anymore.

Waffle House never lets me down. mmmmmmm.

How can Waffle House not be mentioned in the discussion of late-night alcohol induced eating? There wasn't a WH in Auburn when I was there (92 grad, yes I know, the name my user name is original) but I've spent many a late night in Atlanta trying to head off a hangovere with a Waffle House double cheeseburger with a double order of hash browns scattered, smothered, and covered. Nothing better at 3am after having just seen Mel and the Party Hats at the (now defunct) Chameleon Club.

If you forego Burt's chili on those hashbrowns, then you're just not living.

The Chili is a little heavy on the stomach the next morning though.

I miss Arby's sooooo much.

Miss their roast-beef sandwiches sooooo much

Tried eating 5 roast beefs for $5 before UGA/LSU in 2003. Only could eat 3 :(

For me its either Waffle House or Krystal. Unfortunately, it is becoming tough to find a Krystal worker who has the mental acuity to make a Krystal burger sans onions. I swear they don't even make an effort anymore.

Waffle House never lets me down. mmmmmmm.

I feel your pain...I can't get them to make one without the mustard. Pickle i can remove myself, but mustard :puke: infects everything.. I hate mustard

My record drunk food intake was 17 Krystals, Fry, and 2 Cokes.

My record consumption was after biking the Columbiana Loop from Chelsea to Columbiana and back.

I woke up late, and had to rush to meet my group. I didn't have a chance to eat a decent breakfast. So, about 3 miles short of finishing up my ride, I had the worst cramps in my legs.

I finally made it back to my car, but I went immediately to the SHONEY'S BREAKFAST BUFFET (All bow heads in reverence), where I ate five, count 'em, five heaping platefuls of food. Eggs, bacon, hash browns, more hashbrowns, pancakes, fruit. I ate like a man possessed. I only weigh 165.

That's an urban legend, Galen, because I worked at Arby's my senior year in high school. I had to cook and slice those things myself. They were real meat. But, to tell you the truth, after I left that hellhole, it was a long time before I could eat Arby's again. Kind of like a friend who worked at a chicken processing plant as a security guard while working his way through college. To this day, he won't eat chicken.

I worked at Pizza Hut for three months when I was in high school. Do not under ANY circumstances eat the pan pizza. And don't make special orders.

I still cringe every time we go to the Hut and avoid it as often as possible.

Oh yeah, and the jamocha shakes are top notch!

They are worth an Arby's in any home town.

I believe my eating record occurred at the Waffle House next to the Supper Club after a looong night. I ate the Pork Chop and Egg dinner (2 pork chops, 2 eggs, hash browns scattered, covered, chunked, and topped, 4 pieces of toast), and after that I ordered the All Star breakfast (waffles, eggs, toast, hash browns same as above, bacon). I could feel my arteries clogging as I ate. I think I took 4 years off of my life that night.

I could feel my arteries clogging as I ate. I think I took 4 years off of my life that night.

Yea but those are the s****y years that will have you back in diapers anyway.

I am still upset no more Waffle Houses are around New Orleans...or IN new orleans...miss those late nights experiences

Texas Cheesestakes, double hash browns covered

Archived