CFN: Vandy Preview and "Are you thinking Arbys?"

BAMMERPERRY

I had one of those flatbread melts from Arby's last night. It was delicious! I had the Fajita Beef and think I'll have to go back for the Philly sometime this week.

The Schedule: Four home games to start the season and five in the first six have the potential to lead to a huge start if there could be a upset or two over Georgia and/or Alabama.

Ouch..CFN thinks Vandy can get it done against the 4 million dollar team.

I had one of those flatbread melts from Arby's last night. It was delicious! I had the Fajita Beef and think I'll have to go back for the Philly sometime this week.

I've been meaning to try some of those! So you think they are pretty good?

I'm a little concerned that Arbys is getting out of their comfort zone. I saw the other day they have some sort of fish sandwich.

They need to stick with what they do best...Roast Beef and Market Fresh Sandwiches.

Well the meat in the Fajita Beef flatbread wrap was just their normal roast beef but the cheese and the bread itself was soooooo good. It was just so fluffy and rich.

I'm not a big fan of the Market Fresh sandwiches, but I'll take a Chicken, Bacon, and Swiss any day of the week.

I'm not a big fan of the Market Fresh sandwiches, but I'll take a Chicken, Bacon, and Swiss any day of the week.

you beat me to it!! i think its the best sandwich ever invented

I'm a little concerned that Arbys is getting out of their comfort zone. I saw the other day they have some sort of fish sandwich.

They need to stick with what they do best...Roast Beef and Market Fresh Sandwiches.

I'm with you on that one. It's very important to stay within your core products, rather than try to be everything to everybody. Seriously, how many times have you driven to Arby's saying to yourself, "Jeez, I want a ham on rye?"

I enjoy the Roast Turkey and Swiss Market Fresh Sandwich myself (oh, and Auburn actually leads the series with Vandy by 1 game, at least get it right)... I'm also one of the weirdos that actually prefers the homestyle fries to the curly fries.

Oh yeah, and the jamocha shakes are top notch!

Truer words have never been spoken.

I wish they would still run the 5 for $5 deals...

interesting facts on vandy.

auburn has played them 39 times, with the series tied 19-19-1. BUT only 13 of those have been played since 1978. auburn hasn't lost to them since 1955 in the gator bowl. all 19 of vandys wins have come before 1955, with 9 of them coming before 1920 and 5 of them before 1910.

interesting side note...bammer has played vandy 81 times, BUT in the first 39 that bammer played against them, their record was 19-16-4. and btw, the only teams they have played more...tennessee (89 times) and miss st (91 times). thank goodness for bear playing them ever year.

The 4 for $5 deal is the best late night food ever invented.

After a long night of consuming adult beverages, I totally get that luminescent cowboy hat above my head.

Arby's Melt, Curly Fries, Jamocha Shake, and Mozzarella Sticks.

Best $5 you can spend on drunk food.

After a long night of consuming adult beverages, I totally get that luminescent cowboy hat above my head.

Arby's Melt, Curly Fries, Jamocha Shake, and Mozzarella Sticks.

Best $5 you can spend on drunk food.

I'm partial to Krystals as drunk food. In my salad days after a fit hits on the bong, however, I simply had to have well-done hash browns at IHOP. There just wasn't any substitute.

i wondered who else would be old enough to remember 5 for $5. when i was in school, i'd stock up on those for the week. regular roast beef is still all i ever get there.

Krystals is the ONLY drunk food! TigerTime was good if you were on your way back from the club, but nothing beat that LONG drive out to the krystal's. (I noticed last fall it wasn't out in the middle of nowhere anymore. makes me feel old.)

Krystals, hands down for comfort food. Nothing better than a sack of gut bombs.

Burger King also used to do promotions where you could get regular burgers for a quarter each. When they'd do that, I'd go buy $20 worth and put them in my freezer. Then they got wise and limited it to four per trip, so I'd have to circle around and around in the drive through to load up.

As for Arby's, I used to enjoy their roast beef sandwiches, but then I was told that the "beef" actually arrived at the stores in the form of paste. The thought of "beef paste" ruined it for me whether or not that was actually true.

The thought of "beef paste" ruined it for me whether or not that was actually true.

You can get beef in a paste form? Oh my prayers have been answered. I know what kind of icing I want on my next birthday cake!

Krystals, hands down for comfort food. Nothing better than a sack of gut bombs.

Burger King also used to do promotions where you could get regular burgers for a quarter each. When they'd do that, I'd go buy $20 worth and put them in my freezer. Then they got wise and limited it to four per trip, so I'd have to circle around and around in the drive through to load up.

As for Arby's, I used to enjoy their roast beef sandwiches, but then I was told that the "beef" actually arrived at the stores in the form of paste. The thought of "beef paste" ruined it for me whether or not that was actually true.

That's an urban legend, Galen, because I worked at Arby's my senior year in high school. I had to cook and slice those things myself. They were real meat. But, to tell you the truth, after I left that hellhole, it was a long time before I could eat Arby's again. Kind of like a friend who worked at a chicken processing plant as a security guard while working his way through college. To this day, he won't eat chicken.

Archived