Looks like the Bammers are getting

AUman43

The fact is that bama has many more fans than AU and they are like a ravenous pack of wolves looking for a glimmer of success to hold onto. Let em build a bigger stadium. It will be nice to rub their noses in the turf in front of even more bammers.

Yeah, but 88, AU has PLENTY of fans to fill out a stadium expansion of JH.

Yeah, I like the pace we are adding on to at the present moment. No need to get stadium envy with bama.

The fact is that bama has many more fans than AU and they are like a ravenous pack of wolves looking for a glimmer of success to hold onto. Let em build a bigger stadium. It will be nice to rub their noses in the turf in front of even more bammers.

Yeah, but 88, AU has PLENTY of fans to fill out a stadium expansion of JH.

Yeah, I like the pace we are adding on to at the present moment. No need to get stadium envy with bama.

No need to bring a knife to a gunfight. I agree.

I don't blam Mal Moore one bit for being opportunistic. There is maybe more interest in his program right now than there has been in 30 years.

What I find amusing is the rush to use A-Day attendance to justify stadium expansion.

Imagine this if you will. Bubba Joe opens a candy store. He advertises his Saturday grand opening for weeks on radio, TV and newspaper. In his ads he promises free chocolate bars to everyone who shows up. On the day of his Saturday grand opening, 10,000 people show up to get free candy. This far exceeds his expectations as he only made 9,000 bars. But Bubba Joe graduated from Bama. He's smart. On Monday he has 12,000 bars ready -- at $5 each.

That's the logic Mal and the Tuscaloosa media are using.

I don't blam Mal Moore one bit for being opportunistic. There is maybe more interest in his program right now than there has been in 30 years.

What I find amusing is the rush to use A-Day attendance to justify stadium expansion.

Imagine this if you will. Bubba Joe opens a candy store. He advertises his Saturday grand opening for weeks on radio, TV and newspaper. In his ads he promises free chocolate bars to everyone who shows up. On the day of his Saturday grand opening, 10,000 people show up to get free candy. This far exceeds his expectations as he only made 9,000 bars. But Bubba Joe graduated from Bama. He's smart. On Monday he has 12,000 bars ready -- at $5 each.

so your position is if BDS expanded 10,000 more seats theres no way they would be filled?

Guys, if they can sell 1 million tickets for people to watch 8-4 or 7-5, then more power to them. We need to concentrate on winning games, and not trying to have the biggest stadium in the SEC.

I don't blam Mal Moore one bit for being opportunistic. There is maybe more interest in his program right now than there has been in 30 years. As long as he doesn't have a football game on the same weekend as Talladega, he should have no problems filling the seats.

Don't force a man to choose between Dale, Jr. and Saint Saban.

Funny that you mention racing. I know a Tiger season ticket holder that annually skips an Auburn home game to go to 'Dega. He's the only person I know that does that.

You're not looking hard enough. I work with a UAT grad (c/o 2001) that does this, had a couple (both graduated from UAT in 1998) that lived beside me a few years ago and just spoke with a customer of mine on Thursday that said she doesn't miss a Turd game "except for Talladega Weekends."

We got over 90,000 for Louisiana-Monroe and Florida International. That's with Mike Shula and a crappy team.

We'll get 100,000 per game with Nick Saban and an improved program. No doubt about that.

We got over 90,000 for Louisiana-Monroe and Florida International. That's with Mike Shula and a crappy team.

We'll get 100,000 per game with Nick Saban and an improved program. No doubt about that.

Oh, there's a lot of doubt. your stadium capacity is a little over 92,000, no way you get an extra 8,000+ above capacity..No way..not even for the big games. delusion is pouring forth.

Sir, we had over 100k show up for a practice. Now, you're telling me that 100k won't show up for a Alabama-Tennessee game? Please.

Sir, we had over 100k show up for a practice. Now, you're telling me that 100k won't show up for a Alabama-Tennessee game? Please.

It was FREE...and yes thats exactly what i'm telling you. I'm not saying you wont be at capacity (at least for the big games) but to boldly say you will be 8,000+ OVER capacity is ludicrous. No stadium anywhere in the country has room for 8,000 over capacity. You are kidding yourself if you actually believe this.

It was FREE...and yes thats exactly what i'm telling you. I'm not saying you wont be at capacity (at least for the big games) but to boldly say you will be 8,000+ OVER capacity is ludicrous. No stadium anywhere in the country has room for 8,000 over capacity. You are kidding yourself if you actually believe this.

In 2005, our maximum capacity was 81,818. In 2006, the capacity was 92,138 and we filled it.

That's a difference of OVER 10,000 seats. Yet, you say that this can't be done. The facts say otherwise.

Wincrimson, the way you said it...it sounded like you were saying that we'd have an extra 8,000 people in the stands ABOVE capacity (ie before any expansion)

Yeah, I guess it could be interpreted that way. My bad.

Sorry for the confusion, WarTiger.

Yeah, I guess it could be interpreted that way. My bad.

Sorry for the confusion, WarTiger.

It's all good... :)

UGA already has plans to complete the 3rd deck but some others want to maybe close Sanford's bridge view though some on UGASports that are "inside" the admin say most would NEVER let that happen.

So...by 2010...I expect UGA to be over 100k. Just barely.

Who cares if Bama expands Jordan-Hare West? Do you think a recruit that is choosing between us and them would use that as the deciding factor? They certainly could, but I would hope that recruits wouldn't make decisions of where to go simply based on who has the largest sandbox to play in. Besides, I would think the fact Auburn has beaten them five times and counting would be a more important factor.

I'm not against expanding Jordan-Hare if we actually FILL IT. I don't mean the big games, those will fill regardless. I'm talking about homecoming games, New Mexico St, Vandy, etc... We never fill what we have now against those types of teams. What good is a 100k stadium if we only have 75k in it?

Bingo!! An Auburn fan finally said it!! An excellent point

Archived