Looks like the Bammers are getting

AUman43

expand BD again! According to this morning's Bham News, Mal has been considering this move for some time now and the large "A" Day crowd did nothing to discourage him in this effort. If this is done, that would push BD over 100,000 and leave Auburn sitting there with 87,000-89,000 seats. I think it's time we began to think in those terms too particularly in l ight of the fact that recruits look hard at facilities this day and time as well as WL records and coaches. JMO

Actually the 55,000,000 dollar expansion is already on the construction books at UA.

I think Auburn is also looking at some expansion work in the near future.

I don't know how near. The idea has been tossed around for a while, but I think the current plan is to get a new basketball arena built first.

Who cares if Bama expands Jordan-Hare West? Do you think a recruit that is choosing between us and them would use that as the deciding factor? They certainly could, but I would hope that recruits wouldn't make decisions of where to go simply based on who has the largest sandbox to play in. Besides, I would think the fact Auburn has beaten them five times and counting would be a more important factor.

I'm not against expanding Jordan-Hare if we actually FILL IT. I don't mean the big games, those will fill regardless. I'm talking about homecoming games, New Mexico St, Vandy, etc... We never fill what we have now against those types of teams. What good is a 100k stadium if we only have 75k in it?

I understand having very nice facilities. That is huge in recruiting and for the fan base. But, does there have to be a race for the "largest stadium?" Definitely, I want Auburn to close in one of the end-zones. But I don't want Jordan Hare Stadium to be this big jumbled mess of seats like Neyland. Didn't they reduce the width of the seats at Neyland to finally get to where they are now? Someone told me at either UAT or Arky (can't remember which one) that the latest upper deck is almost completely verticle.

I guess what I am saying is, don't trade the title of "Largest Stadium" for the relative comfort of those attending. Really, if you need a safety harness because your seat is on the side of the scoreboard is it really gonna be that great? Or am I just getting old?

Didn't they reduce the width of the seats at Neyland to finally get to where they are now?

Yes I remember a couple of years ago, in efforts to keep up with OSU, UT re-numbered a bunch of seats by simply making them smaller and squeezing more in.

Who cares if Bama expands Jordan-Hare West? Do you think a recruit that is choosing between us and them would use that as the deciding factor? They certainly could, but I would hope that recruits wouldn't make decisions of where to go simply based on who has the largest sandbox to play in. Besides, I would think the fact Auburn has beaten them five times and counting would be a more important factor.

Or, a recruit could look at us and say "I could step in and play there instead of riding the pines at an Auburn or LSU." We have better facilities, too.

I'm not against expanding Jordan-Hare if we actually FILL IT. I don't mean the big games, those will fill regardless. I'm talking about homecoming games, New Mexico St, Vandy, etc... We never fill what we have now against those types of teams. What good is a 100k stadium if we only have 75k in it?

But, we don't have that problem. 92k will show up regardless.

Didn't they reduce the width of the seats at Neyland to finally get to where they are now?

Yes they did and it is uncomfortable packed in like sardines.

You keep believing that. Easy to pack it when you win. Not so much when you lose.

You keep believing that. Easy to pack it when you win. Not so much when you lose.

We have been losing. And we have been packing it.

A sellout for Duke, FIU and Utah State, very few empty seats for ULM, etc. You keep hoping and I'll keep knowing. ;)

Winning will do more to bring in the recruits. Win and they will come.

We were always the largest of the state schools in Stadiums until last year. It is just hard for me to even think that UAT has the largest stadium now.

I hear that we have a spring under the North Endzone. We must divert the water from there before we can add on. It may be a while and VERY costly.

A sellout for Duke, FIU and Utah State, very few empty seats for ULM, etc. You keep hoping and I'll keep knowing. ;)

Sell out and packing the stadium are not always the same.

if we packed out the a-day game, i don't really have reason to believe a regular season game couldn't be packed out.

At UA, it is.

A sold ticket usually equals a butt in the seat. We had 90k+ for UL-Monroe. There are very few games in which there are any empty seats, though. Especially this year... UGA, Arkansas, Houston, UT, LSU. Killer home schedule...

93,000 at a spring game is an eye opener. If saban is successful at bammer they could fill a bigger stadium. If he tanks like he did at miami then there will be some empty seats.

The fact is that bama has many more fans than AU and they are like a ravenous pack of wolves looking for a glimmer of success to hold onto. Let em build a bigger stadium. It will be nice to rub their noses in the turf in front of even more bammers.

However, if they get too many bammers into one location that could be unsafe or something. Might wanna have extra security on hand.

However, if they get too many bammers into one location that could be unsafe or something. Might wanna have extra security on hand.

hopefully there won't be anymore throwing water bottles at players from fans. that was absolutely shameful.

The old saying if Auburn had a better out of conference schedule we would fill all the seats for every game.

if we packed out the a-day game, i don't really have reason to believe a regular season game couldn't be packed out.

A-Day was free. Your peeps could go, and still make that trailer payment. :poke:

:au::homer:

The fact is that bama has many more fans than AU and they are like a ravenous pack of wolves looking for a glimmer of success to hold onto. Let em build a bigger stadium. It will be nice to rub their noses in the turf in front of even more bammers.

Yeah, but 88, AU has PLENTY of fans to fill out a stadium expansion of JH.

What a 100k+ BDS would look like...

Looking Northeast:

BDS2014-1.jpg

Looking Northwest:

BDS2014-2.jpg

Looking Northwest from inside stadium:

BDS2014-3.jpg

Looking South from inside stadium:

BDS2014-4.jpg

personally, I don't care what they do with the stadium, just as long as they keep the asthetics of it like it is now. its the most beautiful stadium in the SEC, don't ef it up like fla and uga did theirs.

....and really, who cares how many seats their stadium holds? like anything they do matters anymore.

Guys, if they can sell 1 million tickets for people to watch 8-4 or 7-5, then more power to them. We need to concentrate on winning games, and not trying to have the biggest stadium in the SEC.

I don't blam Mal Moore one bit for being opportunistic. There is maybe more interest in his program right now than there has been in 30 years. As long as he doesn't have a football game on the same weekend as Talladega, he should have no problems filling the seats.

Don't force a man to choose between Dale, Jr. and Saint Saban.

Guys, if they can sell 1 million tickets for people to watch 8-4 or 7-5, then more power to them. We need to concentrate on winning games, and not trying to have the biggest stadium in the SEC.

I don't blam Mal Moore one bit for being opportunistic. There is maybe more interest in his program right now than there has been in 30 years. As long as he doesn't have a football game on the same weekend as Talladega, he should have no problems filling the seats.

Don't force a man to choose between Dale, Jr. and Saint Saban.

Funny that you mention racing. I know a Tiger season ticket holder that annually skips an Auburn home game to go to 'Dega. He's the only person I know that does that.

Archived