Will Herring in the 5th!!

mayonaise

I think his versatility as a defender is appealing, especially in the 3-4 that a lot of NFL defenses run. You need LB's that can defend the pass. He better sure up his tackling, but he has a lot of potential. These late picks are just taking a chance on someone. I'm with you guys though, I was completely surprised by this one.

A suprise to me as well. Gl to him. :cheer:

A little bit of a suprise but he's a good prospect at around 6'2 and 220 or 230. A good special teams player and possibly a guy who can play a hybrid position up on the line. I like his chances to make the team. Could Irons go undrafted?That would be a suprise.

A suprise to me as well. Gl to him. :cheer:

A little bit of a suprise but he's a good prospect at around 6'2 and 220 or 230. A good special teams player and possibly a guy who can play a hybrid position up on the line. I like his chances to make the team. Could Irons go undrafted?That would be a suprise.

CT is the biggest surprise to me, well, after the fact that Herring got drafted.

I could see Irons going undrafted. His wonderlic score is gonna doom him.

I don't think they bank on those scores very much. I believe the media likes them more than the NFL. Irons wasn't THAT good imo. I loved the Irons bros but he got beat consistantly once a game. Scouts watch LOTS of film. WIth that said, I think with NFL type coaching, he could improve signifcantly. I hope he doesn't go undrafted, but I think he will play somewhere. CT is a big suprise to me as well. His size and hands are good imo.

Congrats to Will!!!

I was always a fan, and feel he took more than his share of the blame. I remember CTT saying that alot of time people think it was a WH issue, he was trying to pick up someone else's slack.

I remember reading somewhere that the scouts really liked his brains. Evidently, he was very quick at picking up schemes, etc. etc.

He was known as "Coach" among the D guys. Suspect he will be a coach some fine day.

... He better sure up his tackling, but he has a lot of potential. These late picks are just taking a chance on someone. ...

What do you mean by this? Herring was one of the surest tacklers on the team -- for 4 years straight.

2006: Led team in tackles (66 -- 41 solo) after moving to LB from S; set the AU Iron Man record for longest consecutive starts at 49 games.

2005: Led team in tackles (69)

2004: 2nd on the team in tackles (61)

2003: 6th on the team in tackles (46)

He's demonstrated his versatility by moving from S to LB and also by his play on special teams. CTT's ST philosophy is to put his best athletes on ST. He had a knack for making big plays. Plus, Herring has shown remarkable durability in starting 4 years and not sustaining an injury. So ... smart, durable, versatile & a sure tackler -- what's not to like? I'm not surprised at all that Herring was drafted. And now he's on the Hawks where I can see him play. :thumbsup: WDE Will.

... He better sure up his tackling, but he has a lot of potential. These late picks are just taking a chance on someone. ...

What do you mean by this? Herring was one of the surest tacklers on the team -- for 4 years straight.

2006: Led team in tackles (66 -- 41 solo) after moving to LB from S; set the AU Iron Man record for longest consecutive starts at 49 games.

2005: Led team in tackles (69)

2004: 2nd on the team in tackles (61)

2003: 6th on the team in tackles (46)

He's demonstrated his versatility by moving from S to LB and also by his play on special teams. CTT's ST philosophy is to put his best athletes on ST. He had a knack for making big plays. Plus, Herring has shown remarkable durability in starting 4 years and not sustaining an injury. So ... smart, durable, versatile & a sure tackler -- what's not to like? I'm not surprised at all that Herring was drafted. And now he's on the Hawks where I can see him play. :thumbsup: WDE Will.

He had lots of tackles. That doesn't mean he was a solid tackler. He missed a lot of open field tackles. He had a lot of tackles with Chiziks defense because the safety was so involved as a run supporter. I'm not saying he's a bad player, just I notice his biggest weakness is his missed tackles. He is a smart player. You can tell. He makes up for lack of physical ability with smarts. But missing tackles like he did in the Arkansas game this past year won't fly in the show.

I could see Irons going undrafted. His wonderlic score is gonna doom him.

I don't think they bank on those scores very much. I believe the media likes them more than the NFL. Irons wasn't THAT good imo. I loved the Irons bros but he got beat consistantly once a game. Scouts watch LOTS of film. WIth that said, I think with NFL type coaching, he could improve signifcantly. I hope he doesn't go undrafted, but I think he will play somewhere. CT is a big suprise to me as well. His size and hands are good imo.

Everybody gets beat consistently once per game. DI did a great job at AU....the thing that's killing him is the knee surgeries.

Now, CT is perplexing me....

He's quiet and unassuming and didn't get the buzz, but the Seahawks know what they're doing here.

Who'd a thunk he would go ahead of the Heisman trophy winner?

He's quiet and unassuming and didn't get the buzz, but the Seahawks know what they're doing here.

Who'd a thunk he would go ahead of the Heisman trophy winner?

LOL! USCPN didn't care for that, I'll bet!

Archived