the much dreaded nascar thread

aumd03

Its shaping up to be a pretty good race. The new asphalt seems to be helping the cars race at those speeds without getting together and knock on wood, there hasn't been "the big one" yet.

Its shaping up to be a pretty good race. The new asphalt seems to be helping the cars race at those speeds without getting together and knock on wood, there hasn't been "the big one" yet.

Thank you for starting this topic where it belongs

I am a Little E fan but I must congratulate Gordon on his victory. It is ironic that his last two race wins in Dega were under caution though.

It was a pretty amazing move by him those last ten laps. He just kept jumping place after place as the laps wound down. His car was dominant today.

That finoit got lucky again and won under caution in overdrive, it was because of him and dale jr finishing 2nd a couple of years ago that they started overdrive. Then the overdrive was working on the first caution with 10 laps left then the igmos wrecked with2 laps left and gave to the symbol of gay pride gordon. At least he got a bath of beercans and soda cups as he rolled past the checkered.

That finoit got lucky again and won under caution in overdrive, it was because of him and dale jr finishing 2nd a couple of years ago that they started overdrive. Then the overdrive was working on the first caution with 10 laps left then the igmos wrecked with2 laps left and gave to the symbol of gay pride gordon. At least he got a bath of beercans and soda cups as he rolled past the checkered.

Dude, he had the best car out there and would have won it regardless. I just love how all the little E lovers swallow their Red Man every time he wins while their guy continues failing to meet expectations.

That is exactly the kind of redneck crap that gives NASCAR the negative stereotype it has by some. Please explain to me how it is justified to throw stuff at Gordon just because he won under caution? Is it his fault that others behind him wrecked which caused him to win the way he did? Do you honestly think he likes winning that way? As Titan pointed out, it is hardly considered lucky when he won the pole and then clearly had the most dominant car during the race. If you are going to throw stuff at a driver, which you should not at all, but if you are going to do it then throw it at the dummy(s) that caused the that ruined the end of the race. I mean the idiots could not even go one whole lap after the green, white, checker was thrown without wrecking. Also, please chill with the "gay" references to Gordon. That junk is so old and tiresome, besides the fact that it is a very ignorant thing to say. The guy is about to be a father for the first time, so try to show a little class on the board will ya?

I am not a Gordon fan by any means. I use to despise him and gave his fans a hard time also, but then I kind of questioned why I despised him so much. He had never did anything that caused me to dislike him. He never wrecked people or made a habit of being arrogant or making smart-aleck comments, say like the Busch brothers have done and still do (I really can't stand those whiney brats). Gordon is a clean racer and shows a lot of class. When other drivers, like my favorite driver Tony Stewart, may have taken the opportunity to bad mouth the ignorant rednecks for throwing stuff at his car, instead he showed class by saying he respected their opinion and "passion" for the sport. I was listening to Gordon's in-car audio when the crowd was throwing things and he was laughing and said he loved it, he was not even bitter or trashing them when the microphone was not in his face. You see, just like the great Dale Earnhardt, who ironically is/was the favorite drive of Gordon-haters, Gordon thrives on the hate as well as the support of fans. Like Earnhardt, you either loved him or hated him, but you were going to be talking about him either way and that is one of the reasons a driver competes. When a driver knows he is hated just because he wins, then that actually just makes him want to compete even harder, so it is just more fuel for Gordon's competitive fire.

It must be tough for your drivers to get spanked by the 24, over and over and over......(ducking to avoid rednecks flying bottles)hahahaha

Didn't get to see it. Did anyone make a right turn?

I saw the highlights of the Busch race on Sportscenter and I have to say the wreck that #5 car had was damn impressive. It still amazes me that those guys can walk away from something like that. He had to have flipped 6 or 7 times after riding down the backstretch on his roof.

So I'm a firm believer in don't knock it til you've tried it, so I went to the Nextel Cup race yesterday.

So now I'll knock it.

Any excitement factor the race may have had was over after the first lap when you first see the cars zoom past you.

After that it was 3 hours of cars going in a circle.

I doubt this is news to anyone, but the fans made bammers look like Harvard alums. I heard the N-word loudly and proudly several times.

In conclusion, it was worth the experience I guess, and at least I didn't have to pay the $120 ticket price, but I won't be coming back next year.

I still don't get it.

It is definitely an unclean place to be in person. You will smoke about four packs regardless of if you hold a cigarette or not.

As for the race, the only beef I have is how many caution laps do you have to run at the end before starting "overdrive". Not claiming a conspiracy, but the last three caution laps all had the one to go signal. Please get that right so I know if I need to stay in the living room or not. As far as Gordon winning, I've never been a big fan of his, but I'm coming around. I don't think I'll ever actively root for him, but I do respect him. He is a classy guy, win or lose. He also gained some brownie points a couple of years ago for pushing Kenseth after a race. I freaking can't stand Matt Kenseth. I do think the beer cans on the track are a disgrace to the sport and the state.

So I'm a firm believer in don't knock it til you've tried it, so I went to the Nextel Cup race yesterday.

So now I'll knock it.

Any excitement factor the race may have had was over after the first lap when you first see the cars zoom past you.

After that it was 3 hours of cars going in a circle.

I doubt this is news to anyone, but the fans made bammers look like Harvard alums. I heard the N-word loudly and proudly several times.

In conclusion, it was worth the experience I guess, and at least I didn't have to pay the $120 ticket price, but I won't be coming back next year.

I still don't get it.

I'm with you on this one. I had to go to several different races because of a client promotion--once at Talledega, once down in Homestead, and once at Darlington. I was in the stands, I was in the infield, I hung out in the pits.

And you're right. While there were some nice fans there, on the whole it was pretty much a festival of untermensch the entire time. However, I did some nearly naked hotties there who actually had all their teeth.

I guess I got carried away over the race, I just wanted a down to the wire 3 wide finish. and we got it under caution again. I wanted the Pied Piper to give Gordon all he had on them last 2 laps and dual it out, but the caution ruined it. I am not a huge Nascar fan. I watch Talladega, because it's in Alabama and it is the fatest track. I will cool down the homo jokes about Gordon. He is kind of like Tiger woods you just want someone else to win for a change. Dale JR is my age and when he came in Nascar I started pulling for him, his bloodline makes him what Nascar used to be about. Nascar is losing its roots with sponsors and losing some of the old tracks. IT was started by rednecks for rednecks, and they are losing a lot of their core fans.

I was there. Definately not the best race I've ever seen. Smoke got screwed at the end pretty hard by a dimwit, and I'm not happy with the way NASCAR effectively made them race after the last caution was flown to set the finish order. The beer throwing was inexcusable. NASCAR needs to do something about that just for fan safety.

On a side note - I saw more AU gear there than I ever have yesterday, and worn by classy folks for the most part. Unfortunately, the people behind us were bammers, had a full set of teeth between them, and almost got into a domestic dispute over $10.

Ok, I officially hate all Hendricks cars. Jimmie Johnson, Gordon, they seem like they are winning everything. They are like the Yankees, its easy to hate. I'm just not sure that everyone else has the resources to develop these cars of tomorrow like the huge teams do.

Ok, I officially hate all Hendricks cars. Jimmie Johnson, Gordon, they seem like they are winning everything. They are like the Yankees, its easy to hate. I'm just not sure that everyone else has the resources to develop these cars of tomorrow like the huge teams do.

It all comes down to who wants to spend the money that is needed and we all know Teresa Earnhardt is not willing to come off the big bucks she inherited from her husband. Just another reason why Jr. deserves his 51% ownership. FYI, DEI has to borrow a piece of equipment from Jr.'s Busch team to build racecars because DEI will not spend the money on it.

Archived