Mr. Irrelevant...

The Prowler

Yea.....I nearly choked on my Copenhagen when his name was announced. Man, that is SO fitting of the Entire Team, especially the team coming up this year.

But I thought he was #1 because he was the #1 cornerback on the #1 team in the nation?

Well........he is on the ground, what else is there to do? LOL... And, we aren't just kicking him, but the Entire Team of the last 5 years and the team that'll be stumbling through the tunnel this year.

Well........he is on the ground, what else is there to do? LOL... And, we aren't just kicking him, but the Entire Team of the last 5 years and the team that'll be stumbling through the tunnel this year.

"and and the next team...and the next team...Alabama's so bad that they'll lose every game for the next 22 years".

Dude you sound like a 9 year old. How many threads are you gonna run around to and type that same line?

Well, of course bama's gonna lose every game......everyone here knows that, DUH.

I think that phrase came about when there were 17 rounds to the draft.

Yeah, I'd say the last pick of the 7th round has just as good of a chance of making the squad as a 4th, 5th, or 6th rounder. They all have to earn it.

This deep in the draft, you'd almost just assume be a free agent. At least then you can shop around teams and find a team and a deal that works for you. Here you are locked into a team, but they can dump on you for three years if they'd like.

This deep in the draft, you'd almost just assume be a free agent. At least then you can shop around teams and find a team and a deal that works for you. Here you are locked into a team, but they can dump on you for three years if they'd like.

If they dump on you, that means you're at least making league minimum.

Dump on me for 300k/yr all you want.

Detroit Lions Pick #255 (CB) Ramzee Robinson alabamuh :cheer::cheer::lol::lol::lol:

Too bad for Courtney Taylor.

Um, Taylor was drafted in the 6th round.

If they dump on you, that means you're at least making league minimum.

Dump on me for 300k/yr all you want.

I think the league minimum for a rookie is $125k. But still.

One thing to note....Mr. Irrelevant gets a free vacation to Newport Beach in Cali for this:

Cornerback Ramzee Robinson of Alabama has the honor of being "Mr. Irrelevant," the tag bestowed on the last player picked in the NFL draft.

The Detroit Lions selected Robinson with the 255th overall pick on Sunday.

"Mr. Irrelevant" gets a free vacation in Newport Beach, California in June.

link

One thing to note....Mr. Irrelevant gets a free vacation to Newport Beach in Cali for this:

Cornerback Ramzee Robinson of Alabama has the honor of being "Mr. Irrelevant," the tag bestowed on the last player picked in the NFL draft.

The Detroit Lions selected Robinson with the 255th overall pick on Sunday.

"Mr. Irrelevant" gets a free vacation in Newport Beach, California in June.

link

The perks of being perhaps the draft's longest of longshots include a June trip to Newport Beach, Calif., where he'll enjoy a VIP tour of Disneyland, the guest of honor's chair at the annual Lowsman Trophy banquet and surfing lessons.

These are some of the perks that go along with the vacation. There is also a search for Miss Irrelevant. There is a web site for Irrelevant Week

I think what my friend Prowler is trying to say is that anytime you can make fun of Alabama go ahead and do it! Thats why the rivalry is so great because we dont like each other! If you cant poke fun at bammer on a Auburn message board then where can you do it? you will have to forgive Prowler and myself if we cant get out point across in a flashy manner with big words and nice funny posts we used to break people in half on the football field for fun and we were never good in English class

Nope, its $260K for 0 years. Jumps to 304 for 1 year. 380 for two.

Practice squad players minimum is around 100k.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League

But if you sign as a free agent, you get the same amount. I guess personally, I'd rather get beat up on the Patriots practice squad than the Lion's practice squad. I mean, at least you've got a shot at a ring that way. I think you also get signed to a three year contract. So thats why you see so many guys go three years and out. They spend three years on the practice squad before the teams let them go. But getting drafted is a great deal, because as I understand it, you are essentially guaranteed almost a million dollars with 300k per year for three years. Its a good sum of money to start your life or business on.

Nope, its $260K for 0 years. Jumps to 304 for 1 year. 380 for two.

Practice squad players minimum is around 100k.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League

But if you sign as a free agent, you get the same amount. I guess personally, I'd rather get beat up on the Patriots practice squad than the Lion's practice squad. I mean, at least you've got a shot at a ring that way. I think you also get signed to a three year contract. So thats why you see so many guys go three years and out. They spend three years on the practice squad before the teams let them go. But getting drafted is a great deal, because as I understand it, you are essentially guaranteed almost a million dollars with 300k per year for three years. Its a good sum of money to start your life or business on.

They can still cut you though right? So I dont really think anything is guaranteed.

Archived