Tort Reform?

THis is kind of funny, but people talk about wasting taxpayer money. Saban gets $4 mill and they scream, this case is a waste of time. They should have just bought the judge a new Hickey Freeman suit for aggravation.

They lose his pants, offer $12K to replace them, and now he's suing for $67 million. It's this kind of abuse that screams for tort reform.

The guy should be disbarred and made to repay the Chungs legal costs plus the suffering he has put them through.

Check out todays editorial in the Washington Post.

I am a member of the Alabama Trial Lawyers Association and I don't mind telling you that this has caused quite a stir. Our list serve is filled with Trial Lawyers around this state who are livid over this kind of crap, asking everyone to vote on the poll, post comments, contact the Bar of that state etc. I've already made my feelings known.

I'm not going to get into a debate about frivilous lawsuits or lawyers in general. It would be like the political forum. Has anyone ever won an argument or conceded even one issue in that forum? There is enough misinformation, enough jokes out there and everyone has their own opinion. All I can say is that that just as with any profession, there are bad apples. This one is rotten. It only takes a handful of idiots like this to give a bad name to 99% of the other folks out there working hard and working ethically to represent people that need help.

I hope it's thrown out, he pays all costs of the defendants and then gets disbarred. That won't happen. But if it did, I hope it gets just as much publicity then as it's getting now.

Archived