Barack O-bush-ma?

DKW 86

You make it to Tuscaloosa to hear Giuliani, GG? I had a ticket and would have let you have it had I known you were coming, but opted to "study." *nudge* *nudge*

You probably got in anyway, though?

Had two tickets and didn't get to go.

My seven-year old daughter is highly imaginative. Tuesday afternoon, she put on a safari hat and sat in my truck with the window down while she pretended to drive across the African savannah and spot wild game. Unfortunately she turned the lights on and left them on. I didn't notice it. I went to crank up Wednesday morning at 5:30 to come to Tuscaloosa and bzzzzzzzzzzzz.... nothing.

So I used my other daughter's car to jump it off. I've got a Nissan, she's got a Honda. Positive post on the Honda battery is on the left. Positive post on the Nissan battery is on the right. It's 5:45, I absolutely SUCK in the morning, I was in a hurry and like a fool crossed the cables. Destroyed the battery in my truck. Went back inside, changed out of the suit and spent the entire morning putting things back together.

Helpful hint? Do NOT cross the cables. It's a bad idea. Thankfully no major damage. Didn't burn up any of the electronics. Was scared I'd really screwed it up when the radio and AC wouldn't work but they were part of about six or eight things I had to replace fuses for. All the warning lights are still on which is odd, but I think I can get them to go off in time.

And I missed seeing Rudy. Not happy about that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Example Tex:

Position Change:

Bill Clinton, 1992

"The [bush] administration continues to coddle China, despite its continuing crackdown on democratic reform"

THE TRUTH

Bill Clinton, 1994

I have decided that the United States should renew Most Favored Nation trading status toward China."I am moving, therefore, to delink human rights from the annual extension of Most Favored Nation trading status for China."

LIE:

I didnt have sex with that woman, Ms Lewinsky.

This is not a position change Tex, unless you are talking about a sexual position change... ;)

Do politicians change positions? Yes!

A lot just lie, like Bill Clinton.

The difference between a position change and a lie is quite simple.

If you say something that represents your honest opinion at that time based on the information you have available and then change that opinion if different information (or sometimes just the passage of time) is presented, then that's just a change of position.

If what you say at the time is not an honest representation of your position, then that's a lie.

In other words, unless you mean what you say at the time you say it, then it's a lie.

Hillary Clinton is a liar. Plain and simple. She learned it from her husband who wouldn't know the truth if it was giftwrapped and shoved up his butt. Or he learned it from her which is even more frightening.

"Clinton's an unusually good liar. Unusually good. Do you realize that?"

Bob Kerrey [D-Neb.], Esquire, 1/96)

Senator and Chairman of Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOMALIA, 1993:

Clinton pledged never to deploy American troops overseas unless U.S. strategic interests were threatened and there was a clear military goal with a firm exit strategy.

BOSNIA, 1995

Clinton said he would deploy troops to Bosnia for only 18 months, and then they would come home.

BOSNIA, 1998

The Clinton administration confirmed plans to maintain thousands of troops on an open-ended peacekeeping mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina with no exit strategy.`The policy is to remain there. It's

open-ended.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIE

GENNIFER FLOWERS, 1992

Clinton emphatically denied having affair with Gennifer Flowers

GENNIFER FLOWERS, 1998

Clinton admits in deposition to having sexual affair with Gennifer Flowers

LIE

100 DAY PLAN: June 23, 1992

Bill Clinton:

"I intend to have a legislative program ready on the desks of Congress on the day after I'm inaugurated. I intend to have an explosive 100 day action period. Why do I think it will pass? Well, first of all, I'm running on it."

100 DAY PLAN: Jan 14, 1993

Question from member of press:

"We were originally led to believe you would have an outline for congress even before the inauguration and

presented on day one or shortly thereafter - and now we're told it may be a couple weeks down the road with a

full plan ready in March. When will it be ready?"

Reply by Bill Clinton:

"Well, I don't know who led you to believe that, but I'm the Only one who's authorized to talk about that ---"

LIE

Bill Clinton, June 8 1996

"I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned in my own state when I was a child."

THE TRUTH: NOT A SINGLE BLACK CHURCH BURNED IN ARKANSAS WHEN HE WAS GROWING UP. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIE

Bill Clinton, Feb 12, 1996

"Since I was a little boy, I've heard about the Iowa caucuses. That's why I would really like to do well in them."

THE TRUTH: THE IOWA CAUCUSES DIDN'T BEGIN UNTIL 1972 when Clinton was at Oxford in England.

LIE

Bill Clinton, 1992

I will not raised taxes, I will impose tax cuts for the American People

THE TRUTH,

In 1993, Clinton's "tax cut" was the single largest tax increase in American history.

Poz Change

Bill Clinton, 1992

"The [bush] administration continues to coddle China, despite its continuing crackdown on democratic reform"

THE TRUTH

Bill Clinton, 1994

I have decided that the United States should renew Most Favored Nation trading status toward China."I am moving, therefore, to delink human rights from the annual extension of Most Favored Nation trading status for China."

LIE

Bill Clinton, 6/11/92

"I would support a balanced-budget amendment"

Bill Clinton, 2/28/95

"Obviously, I don't support it [a balanced budget amendment]."

Hope this helps...

"Clinton's an unusually good liar. Unusually good. Do you realize that?"

Bob Kerrey [D-Neb.], Esquire, 1/96)

Senator and Chairman of Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

SOMALIA, 1993:

Clinton pledged never to deploy American troops overseas unless U.S. strategic interests were threatened and there was a clear military goal with a firm exit strategy.

BOSNIA, 1995

Clinton said he would deploy troops to Bosnia for only 18 months, and then they would come home.

BOSNIA, 1998

The Clinton administration confirmed plans to maintain thousands of troops on an open-ended peacekeeping mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina with no exit strategy.`The policy is to remain there. It's

open-ended.'

LIE

GENNIFER FLOWERS, 1992

Clinton emphatically denied having affair with Gennifer Flowers

GENNIFER FLOWERS, 1998

Clinton admits in deposition to having sexual affair with Gennifer Flowers

LIE

100 DAY PLAN: June 23, 1992

Bill Clinton:

"I intend to have a legislative program ready on the desks of Congress on the day after I'm inaugurated. I intend to have an explosive 100 day action period. Why do I think it will pass? Well, first of all, I'm running on it."

100 DAY PLAN: Jan 14, 1993

Question from member of press:

"We were originally led to believe you would have an outline for congress even before the inauguration and

presented on day one or shortly thereafter - and now we're told it may be a couple weeks down the road with a

full plan ready in March. When will it be ready?"

Reply by Bill Clinton:

"Well, I don't know who led you to believe that, but I'm the Only one who's authorized to talk about that ---"

LIE

Bill Clinton, June 8 1996

"I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned in my own state when I was a child."

THE TRUTH: NOT A SINGLE BLACK CHURCH BURNED IN ARKANSAS WHEN HE WAS GROWING UP. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIE

Bill Clinton, Feb 12, 1996

"Since I was a little boy, I've heard about the Iowa caucuses. That's why I would really like to do well in them."

THE TRUTH: THE IOWA CAUCUSES DIDN'T BEGIN UNTIL 1972 when Clinton was at Oxford in England.

LIE

Bill Clinton, 1992

THE TRUTH,

In 1993, Clinton's "tax cut" was the single largest tax increase in American history.

Poz Change

Bill Clinton, 1992

THE TRUTH

Bill Clinton, 1994

LIE

Bill Clinton, 6/11/92

"I would support a balanced-budget amendment"

Bill Clinton, 2/28/95

"Obviously, I don't support it [a balanced budget amendment]."

Hope this helps...

TT's response: "But he didn't really mean what he said the way you say he meant it."

Bill Clinton, 1992

THE TRUTH,

This "quote" is another lie.

Read Clinton's campaign material from 1992-- he said if elected he would seek to raise taxes on the upper income levels which is what he did.

Example Tex:

Position Change:

Bill Clinton, 1992

THE TRUTH

Bill Clinton, 1994

LIE:

I didnt have sex with that woman, Ms Lewinsky.

This is not a position change Tex, unless you are talking about a sexual position change... ;)

Do politicians change positions? Yes!

A lot just lie, like Bill Clinton.

The difference between a position change and a lie is quite simple.

If you say something that represents your honest opinion at that time based on the information you have available and then change that opinion if different information (or sometimes just the passage of time) is presented, then that's just a change of position.

If what you say at the time is not an honest representation of your position, then that's a lie.

In other words, unless you mean what you say at the time you say it, then it's a lie.

Hillary Clinton is a liar. Plain and simple. She learned it from her husband who wouldn't know the truth if it was giftwrapped and shoved up his butt. Or he learned it from her which is even more frightening.

That's funny coming from someone who worships at the feet of Guiliani. :rolleyes:

Bill Clinton, 1992

THE TRUTH,

This "quote" is another lie.

Read Clinton's campaign material from 1992-- he said if elected he would seek to raise taxes on the upper income levels which is what he did.

As was posted above, the Washington Post and the NYT must think that Americans making $20k are wealthy then.

That's funny coming from someone who worships at the feet of Guiliani. :rolleyes:

Now see, that's the difference between the libs and me. I don't worship Guilani. I think he's the best candidate for the job (and as clueless as this sounds I first thought he was running as a democrat) and because I think he will be the best leader for this country I'll support his efforts to get elected.

Doesn't mean I agree with every decision. Doesn't mean I support all the same causes he does. Just means that I firmly believe that based on his overall platform versus that of the opposition a Guiliani presidency would be of tremendous benefit to America.

I don't worship or deify him. He's human. He makes mistakes just like we all do. He's not a liar about it.

Archived