Men's Fitness Fudges Photos....

DKW 86

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05252007/busin...th_j__kelly.htm

Hired gun

The controversial Men's Fitness cover on which tennis player Andy Roddick's head was attached to the body of a bulked-up male model may be triggering some grand-slam defections from staffers who object to the doctoring.

Roddick himself wrote about it on his personal blog when he noticed the bulging arms on the cover - which he dubbed 22-inch guns.

Neal Boulton, who was the editor-in-chief at the time, resigned for personal reasons about a week ago and was replaced by Roy Johnson. Boulton had approved the cover. At least one design consultant, Mary Anne Bulter, resigned after objecting to the practice and staff design director John Gilman is said to be on the brink of resigning, according to an insider.

The radical Photoshop arms race came to light last week on the Web site TMZ, which also carried the news that Roddick admitted he was quite surprised when he spied himself on the cover.

Aside from the serious bulk, he noted that a birthmark on his right arm had disappeared.

"I spent the last few weeks in Austin, Texas, really focused on my training and getting back into shape - but I'm pretty sure I'm not as fit as the Men's Fitness cover suggests," Roddick wrote on his blog, according to TMZ.

"Little did I know I have 22-inch guns and a disappearing birth mark on my right arm. I saw the cover for the first time when I landed after Rome [tournament]. It was pretty funny.

"I walked by the newsstand in the airport and did a total double take. I can barely figure out how to work the red-eye tool on my digital camera. Whoever did this has mad skills.

"Maybe Rafael Nadal wants his arms back? If you can manage to stop laughing at the cover long enough, check out the article inside, the photo shoot on the boat was pretty cool . . . and I recognize the person in those photos."

I cant believe this article didnt get more response. Men Fitness turns out to be just as phony as Playboy.

I fudged some photos from Men's Fitness once. Hey, it was all I had. But I did crinkle the pages real good first.

I cant believe this article didnt get more response. Men Fitness turns out to be just as phony as Playboy.

I've never read this magazine, but I'm not shocked at all. A publication dedicated to the glorification of an idealized physique is a prime candidate for photo-chopping.

Archived