NYT: Bryant museum compared to Stalin's Museum

DKW 86

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/travel/3...amp;oref=slogin

He was Danny Rountree, a local artist, and his advice proved invaluable. Sketching out a map on a piece of poster board, he directed me first to the Waysider (1512 Greensboro Avenue, 205-345-8239), a hidden-away diner where I feasted on ham, eggs, grits and tiny, bouncy biscuits ($11.36 with tip), and then, of course, to the Paul W. Bryant Museum (300 Bryant Drive, 866-772-2327, www.bryant.ua.edu; entry $2), a temple to the legendary Bama coach better known as Bear Bryant. With its litany of sports stats, a replica of the coach’s office and utter lack of historical context, it reminded me of the Joseph Stalin Museum, in Gori, Georgia (the country, that is).

How can that be? A negative comment about Alabama in the NYT? Afterall, doesn't the all powerful "U of A anti-Auburn conspiracy clan" control the NYT?

I find it funny that when Bammer had money for a museum, they didn't build an athletics museum, they built a museum to honor one person. Now I don't know a lot about Bahr, but I'm sure he had an ego (all head coaches seem to), and I wonder how he would feel about that?

I find it funny that when Bammer had money for a museum, they didn't build an athletics museum, they built a museum to honor one person. Now I don't know a lot about Bahr, but I'm sure he had an ego (all head coaches seem to), and I wonder how he would feel about that?

Spoken like someone who has never been to the Bryant Museum. Let me ask you this...do they only let old Auburn teams play on Pat Dye field?

Spoken like someone who has never been to the Bryant Museum. Let me ask you this...do they only let old Auburn teams play on Pat Dye field?

No, but they do only let football teams play there. We make the futbol teams play somewhere else.

Archived