Republican Senator "thanks" first responders

TexasTiger

"First responders in Colorado have recently provided critical services in the face of blizzards and tornados," added Allard. "Since I don’t think first responders have really done anything significant in comparison to their counterparts who have dealt with real natural disasters, I have no idea what else to say here..."

http://www.coloradoconfidential.com/showDi...do?diaryId=2156

MSM In No Rush to Reveal Hillary Flunked Bar Exam

Posted by Mark Finkelstein on June 1, 2007 - 08:26.

If George W. Bush had gone to law school and later flunked the bar exam, you can imagine that fact would have become a virtual part of his name in the MSM, as in "George Bush, who failed the bar exam, today criticized a law that . . ."

But it came as news to me when Carl Bernstein mentioned on this morning's "Today" that Hillary flunked the Washington, DC bar exam back in the '70s. OK, I'm not the most knowledegable guy, and the fact of Hillary's failure is not news -- after years of hiding the embarrassment, she revealed it, en passant, in her ghostwritten 2003 "autobiography." Note: according to that book, during the same period Hillary took and passed the Arkansas bar exam. The pass rate in Arkansas was considerably higher than in DC.

I have to imagine that Hillary's failure comes as news to a good number of people. How does it jibe with Clinton's image as The World's Smartest Woman? And what does it say about the MSM that this fact has not been widely disseminated?

In any case, that revelation was far from the only unflattering thing that Bernstein had to say when speaking with Matt Lauer this morning to promote his new Hillary biography, A Woman in Charge. Let's preface this by mentioning that Bernstein is anything but a conservative hit man. The son of two parents with Communist Party affiliations, as he wrote about in this book, Bernstein is of course best known as Bob Woodward's WaPo Watergate investigation colleague. More recently, Bernstein has called for a Senate investigation of the Bush administration, and in the course of the interview this morning referred to the Bush presidency as a "disaster."

Among Bernstein's other comments today:

"This is a woman who has led a camouflaged life, and continues to."

Hillary's childhood was in "an abusive family situation. Her father humiliated and abused her mother. Her mother had a horror of a childhood."

"Bill Clinton's closest advisers, like Lloyd Bentsen and Donna Shalala, were adamantly opposed" to Hillary becoming head of the healthcare initiative.

At one point "Today" displayed a graphic with a quotation from the book: "As Hillary has continued to speak from the protective shell of her own making, and packaged herself for the widest possible consumption, she has misrepresented not just facts but often her essential self."

"I think that she has developed an inauthenticity that is perhaps her greatest political problem. . . Partly because of her self-invented biographical details, she does come off as inauthentic.

"There's not a sex act mentioned in the book. What is important is Hillary savaging the women that he was with. Forgiving Bill Clinton repeatedly through their married life, but not forgiving the women, which raises a very interesting question about her feminism.

Bernstein speaks of Hillary's "rather disingenuous explanation of her vote on the war."

All in all, an unflattering portrait of Hillary, sketched by a man with no apparent axe to grind. And keep that flunking factoid in mind next time you hear Hillary condescend to President Bush or others.

Link

So, some staffer screws up a press release, and then follows it up with a correction. I'm sure there's a point to this thread, but I'm just not seeing it.

A corrected release and an apology were sent out 19 minutes after the mistake was discovered:

It was Senator Allard who introduced the bill, so I seriously doubt that his words were meant to convey anything but praise and respect for the first responders. Granted, quite a gaff, but that's what it was.

So, some staffer screws up a press release, and then follows it up with a correction. I'm sure there's a point to this thread, but I'm just not seeing it.

That's because you have no sense of humor. :roflol:

She FLUNKED a bar exam? How can this be? The smartest woman in the whole wide world gets an F?

How freakin funny! Made my day!

She FLUNKED a bar exam? How can this be? The smartest woman in the whole wide world gets an F?

How freakin funny! Made my day!

DK, didn't you know? All liberals are smart (no matter how stupid they are) and all conservatives are stupid (no matter how smart they are).

A corrected release and an apology were sent out 19 minutes after the mistake was discovered:

It was Senator Allard who introduced the bill, so I seriously doubt that his words were meant to convey anything but praise and respect for the first responders. Granted, quite a gaff, but that's what it was.

Just a "botched joke", right?

Do yourself a favor and never travel to Guyana.

Just a nice little reminder to everybody...PROOFREAD your own press releases. You just never know what some idiot staffer is going to put in it.

I never claimed it was a botched joke. Why would I ever want to travel to Guyana ?

TexasTiger simply has far too much time on his hands, looking far and wide to try to bash Republicans. That would suggest he needs a life, I'm just sayin'.

I never claimed it was a botched joke. Why would I ever want to travel to Guyana ?

TexasTiger simply has far too much time on his hands, looking far and wide to try to bash Republicans. That would suggest he needs a life, I'm just sayin'.

This was pretty easy to find, actually. Stumbled over it. You have no sense of humor.

TexasTiger wrote:

You have no sense of humor.

In the in the words of Sgt Hulka - " I have a helluva sense of humor ". Might I suggest you work on your timing and delivery for your future ' jokes' . :)

1) John Kerry

2) Jim Jones

3) The only person who couldn't connect the dots on my posts would vote a straight Republican ticket. Do us a favor and don't procreate.

1) John Kerry

2) Jim Jones

3) The only person who couldn't connect the dots on my posts would vote a straight Republican ticket. Do us a favor and don't procreate.

Huh? :blink:

Yeah I missed that one two.

What is wrong with voting for straight Republicans? :lol:

1) John Kerry

2) Jim Jones

Huh? :blink:

John Kerry's "get us stuck in Iraq" joke was dubbed a "botched joke" by him. You went on to call Allard's words a "gaff."

The Jim Jones Guyana reference comes from the fact that you, like many people, appear to be a pawn for the two major political parties. The only difference is, that Rove and Cheney stir your Kool-Aid.

wincrimson wrote:

John Kerry's "get us stuck in Iraq" joke was dubbed a "botched joke" by him. You went on to call Allard's words a "gaff."

The Jim Jones Guyana reference comes from the fact that you, like many people, appear to be a pawn for the two major political parties. The only difference is, that Rove and Cheney stir your Kool-Aid

Kerry's word were given by him in front of a live audience. Allard's remarks came via a press release, and likely were written up by some staffer. There's far less confusion as to what Kerry meant to say and the disjointed press release which was corrected. Best info I have is that it was a staffer who screwed up Allard's press release, and that's how I'm basing my views.

I love how you falsly paint me as a 'pawn' of the GOP, when the fact of the matter is that I've voted for Libertarains and yes, even a few Democrats. Rare , if ever, is it that I've voted a straight GOP ticket. It may have happened, but not in a long while. So spare me your simplistic , stereo typical insults and try to aquire a clue. You're wrong about so many things, me being a pawn, voting a straight ticket, being the only person who couldn't connect the dots of your nonsensical post, you might want to reasses your priorities. And oh yeah.. you're a bammer. Gee, doesn't THAT not shock me - at all.

" Do us a favor and don't procreate " ?? Damn, aren't YOU the one to talk!

Archived