Bama's Method of Self-Reporting

AuburnChopper1

For those "in-the-know", and I don't know enough to know YET, what all Alabama has turned themselves in for, versus what others turned them in for, but here's a thread to hash out that argument.

It could get very interesting!

I for one think that Bama "turning themselves in" AFTER it came out in the papers, was pretty funny......

BG...Floor is yours! :big:

Chop, I'm reminded of the Means fiasco and an interview I heard on SNR during that time. After most of the heavy artlillery had been launched, Bammie was trying to "Come clean" with a few minor violations here and there. The guy being interviewed said:

"This is like a guy holding up a bank and the cops tracking him down. When he gets cornered, he hands em' the gun and says hey, you got me. But it's just a .22 and I didn't get that much money."

i must have missed the story in the paper about what all other schools turned us in for......?

Shoot an email to the SEC infractions office and they'll let you know. B)

I know of at least 3 instances where another school has turned them in.

i must have missed the story in the paper about what all other schools turned us in for......?

Well it's not in your HS paper. (I kid I kid...not picking on your age....just your rocket science thing from earlier....).

This WOULD explain a lot of the problems you have here though. ;)B)

I had the Means thing in mind when all that happened, but I figured I'd let someone that knew more of the details bring that up.

Uh Huh. Got any Factual proof? Last year people were saying that UGA and FSU had turned au in.

Wishful thinking.

Uh Huh. Got any Factual proof? Last year people were saying that UGA and FSU had turned au in.

Wishful thinking.

Easy Goatboy...Spain could have been talking about past proven references.

Where is the information on the UGA and FSU thing? :rolleyes:

Wishful thinking is exactly right.

Wishful thinking.

Am I the one that brought it up? I was using FSU and UGA as proof that these claims are usually jokes.

Wishful thinking.

Am I the one that brought it up? I was using FSU and UGA as proof that these claims are usually jokes.

Ummmm....Is this a trick question?

I'll bite. Yes. You brought up FSU and UGA. Any info?

Let's get back on topic....

Of the items in the past 10 years that Bama's got slapped around from, how many of them did Bama actually report willingly first before newspapers and other channels brought it forward?

I have no idea why but the last 3 years has seen UGA so-called involved with turning either Bama or AU in.

2 of the last 3 years saw UGA "def" turning AU in....this year it was Bama.

I know some swear it is true but I have never heard a thing about any of it and usually a few UGA people are in the "know" if we are doing it.

Wishful thinking.

Why yes, yes I do. 3 different :sec: schools have turned them in since Lil' Nicky took over in West Vance.

Remember this conversation for future reference.

For those "in-the-know", and I don't know enough to know YET, what all Alabama has turned themselves in for, versus what others turned them in for, but here's a thread to hash out that argument.

It could get very interesting!

I for one think that Bama "turning themselves in" AFTER it came out in the papers, was pretty funny......

BG...Floor is yours! :big:

Uhhh Marie Robbins reported our infraction before we could do it within the football dept. Which was before the newspapers reported it.

We also reported the other 2 infractions before they were reported in a newspaper. And our timetable for self reporting was in line with all the other schools that self report.

I honestly don't see the point of this thread.

Uhhh

Ah yes, the classic BG post intro..

Marie Robbins reported our infraction before we could do it within the football dept. Which was before the newspapers reported it.

We also reported the other 2 infractions before they were reported in a newspaper. And our timetable for self reporting was in line with all the other schools that self report.

3 times?? Well...

I guess you showed US BG! :thumbsup:

I honestly don't see the point of this thread.

It's called bait. You bit.

Auburn people on an Auburn board (yeah, that pesky auburn board thing again) like to point out to Bammers where they're wrong when they come crying to an AUBURN BOARD.

You oblige more often than not.

Auburn people on an Auburn board (yeah, that pesky auburn board thing again) like to point out to Bammers where they're wrong when they come crying to an AUBURN BOARD.

Probably your weakest post to date.

Probably your weakest post to date.

You wish.

So true that you deny it is more like it.

You come here fighting your bammer causes with blind ambition and thinking "boy I am really giving it to those aubies today". While 99% of the board thinks, "what a typical bammer douche".

Yes you have friends here. They often giggle at your idiocy when it comes to defending bammer too. Hell, I don't consider you an enemy. I just like using you for a punching bag when you are in your blind bammer mode.

You wish.

You come here fighting your bammer causes with blind ambition and thinking "boy I am really giving it to those aubies today". While 99% of the board thinks, "what a typical bammer douche".

Yes you have friends here. They often giggle at your idiocy when it comes to defending bammer too. Hell, I don't consider you an enemy. I just like using you for a punching bag when you are in your blind bammer mode.

Don't think that I have any ideas of changing anyone's mind around here. That's not why I post. You guys are going to think what you are going to think. But I don't think there's anything wrong with having a dissenting opinion every once in a while. Balance is good.

For you to believe that homerism is a one way street is beyond humorous.

You wish.

For you to believe that homerism is a one way street is beyond humorous.

Why you would think that I believe that is beyond humorous I am sure. You are funny the way you can just put thoughts in peoples heads and then believe they are true to help make your arguments. Enjoy it while you can. One day you will grow up mentally.

The point is that chopper nailed you and the fact that this is an AU board. You are so young, hard headed, and absorbed in the belief that your thoughts are more important than most that you just don't get it.

I wish bama possum could take you under his wing. He is a loyal bama fan who admits when he/bama is wrong and argues when he feels like they are being unfairly portrayed. He doesn't get suckered in to looking like a blind homer all the time like you do.

One day you will grow up mentally.

Translation: I'm old, you're young, so I know more than you. Bullcorn.

The point is that chopper nailed you and the fact that this is an AU board.

Again, I never understood this point. "We are on an Auburn board. So that justifies our homerism and incredibly slanted point of view." That's total crap. Are you telling me that people post differently on an AU board than how they REALLY feel? Are you saying that if I were sitting in a room with a bunch of you guys discussing football you wouldn't have the same thoughts and opinions that you do here? It's a stupid catch all excuse for unwillingness to concede to differing logic. You don't even have to concede. You could even ACKNOWLEDGE the fact that your opinion isn't the only one that exists.

I wish bama possum could take you under his wing. He is a loyal bama fan who admits when he/bama is wrong and argues when he feels like they are being unfairly portrayed. He doesn't get suckered in to looking like a blind homer all the time like you do.

I'm not a blind homer. I take my punches here, and everywhere. I point out things that make me unhappy about Alabama. But your view of a blind homer is ANYONE who isn't willing to agree with what Auburn fans think about Alabama. If YOU say everything Alabama does is motivated by cheating, deceit, and underhandedness, I'M supposed to blindly go along with it...otherwise I'm a homer.

YOU say your 3 violations are out of the purest of intentions. Yet ours are out of the mode of cheating and scandal. And only because I don't agree with you, I'm a homer...and you're a realist. Ever wonder why your "realism" always always always favors Auburn? Of course you don't. Because in your mind...you think it's OK to always vilify Alabama...JUST because you are an Auburn fan. Yet you tell me that I'M the one who will "one day grow up mentally". What a joke.

I'm willing to give AU props when they do good things on and off the field. I do it all the time. I'm the one who's been able to carry on CIVIL conversations with the "enemy" for 5 years. Do you think that's because I'm this over the top homer? I don't recall you saying nice things about Alabama. I'm not the one who is so jaded that I think someone is "good" or "bad" just because of the colors they wear.

The difference between you and me? I see situations like our respective infractions as things that happen at every campus. Not "our infractions are always mistakes, yours are always cheating". When an AU kid gets in trouble for a DUI, I see it as "things that happen to college kids who make mistakes". When it happens at Bama, you think it's BECAUSE they attend Alabama that they got that DUI. You think there is some intrinsic characterstic in an 18 year old kid that makes them BAD for chosing Alabama, and GOOD for chosing Auburn. I see them as kids who are going to school. Yet I'm the one who needs to grow up mentally?

One day you will grow up mentally.

Translation: I'm old, you're young, so I know more than you. Bullcorn.

Bullcorn? :rolleyes: It IS possible that him being older means that he's been where you're going. A lot of times when someone "older" says this they're just being observant about you and your current situation.

The point is that chopper nailed you and the fact that this is an AU board.

Again, I never understood this point. "We are on an Auburn board. So that justifies our homerism and incredibly slanted point of view." That's total crap. Are you telling me that people post differently on an AU board than how they REALLY feel? Are you saying that if I were sitting in a room with a bunch of you guys discussing football you wouldn't have the same thoughts and opinions that you do here? It's a stupid catch all excuse for unwillingness to concede to differing logic. You don't even have to concede. You could even ACKNOWLEDGE the fact that your opinion isn't the only one that exists.

This really IS quite amazing BG. I mean, sit back, and think for just two seconds about what you're stomping your feet about here. What you fail to understand that is in different environments, a certain restraint, or decorum might need to be observed. It's like if you want to jam out to Metallica (which would be very cool...), that's fine, but do you do it with your grandparents who clearly aren't going to share your desire to headbang...(if they did...well...that's pretty cool too...:D)?

So, you asking about sitting with us personally if we'd talk this way. Depending on the settings, surroundings and appropriateness of the conversation....probably.

I'm not a blind homer. I take my punches here, and everywhere. I point out things that make me unhappy about Alabama. But your view of a blind homer is ANYONE who isn't willing to agree with what Auburn fans think about Alabama. If YOU say everything Alabama does is motivated by cheating, deceit, and underhandedness, I'M supposed to blindly go along with it...otherwise I'm a homer.

Again BG...Welcome to the AUNation.net AUBURN FOOTBALL Forums. There are almost 3000 people on this board. I think it's safe to assume that a vast majority like Auburn a whole heck of a lot more than Alabama. To see an Alabama person come on this board and try to justify the Bammer position over and over and over and over....well.....get's old fast.

We get it, when you say you believe that Alabama gets a raw deal in the eyes of us Aubies over here, but you know what, that's what's to be expected in this environment. It's NOT an Alabama friendly place 100 percent of the time.

You are more than welcome to think we take a "homerish" approach. That's fair again. But please spare us FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! the crying of the River Nile everytime someone takes a swipe at your precious Bama football. ;)

YOU say your 3 violations are out of the purest of intentions. Yet ours are out of the mode of cheating and scandal. And only because I don't agree with you, I'm a homer...and you're a realist. Ever wonder why your "realism" always always always favors Auburn? Of course you don't. Because in your mind...you think it's OK to always vilify Alabama...JUST because you are an Auburn fan. Yet you tell me that I'M the one who will "one day grow up mentally". What a joke.

Wow...do you use the Kleenex's with lotion or no lotion? I mean really, do you see yet how silly this must be for us to have you here trying to hammer this home everytime you visit????????

I'm willing to give AU props when they do good things on and off the field. I do it all the time. I'm the one who's been able to carry on CIVIL conversations with the "enemy" for 5 years. Do you think that's because I'm this over the top homer? I don't recall you saying nice things about Alabama. I'm not the one who is so jaded that I think someone is "good" or "bad" just because of the colors they wear.

Even, as I've told you BG, I respect your football knowledge. You've become a welcomed regular for a reason, but everyonce in a while you go off on one of these tantrum tangents. They've been getting more regular and closer between.

You just really don't like having it pointed out to you. I understand. B)

The difference between you and me? I see situations like our respective infractions as things that happen at every campus. Not "our infractions are always mistakes, yours are always cheating". When an AU kid gets in trouble for a DUI, I see it as "things that happen to college kids who make mistakes". When it happens at Bama, you think it's BECAUSE they attend Alabama that they got that DUI. You think there is some intrinsic characterstic in an 18 year old kid that makes them BAD for chosing Alabama, and GOOD for chosing Auburn. I see them as kids who are going to school. Yet I'm the one who needs to grow up mentally?

"Dreeeaaaammmm the imposssiblllleeee dreaammmmmmmmmm".......(Sing it with me BG....) B)

Okay, on OUR side of the rainbow.... People disagree and have different views. I've heard of your world in Walgreens commercials.

It must be really really nice.

:thumbsup:

a certain restraint, or decorum might need to be observed

And to you, the only acceptable amount of restraint and decorum...would be for me to bring my Auburn homer kneepads everytime I post.

I'm not here to blow smoke up Auburn's skirt. I don't do it for UA on the UA board. No reason to do it for you guys here. You fail to see that just because you are on an AU board, it doesn't mean you have to be illogical about your homerism. Don't act like I'm some serial flamer like BamaPerry. I'm respectful. I don't call people names, I'm not rude. I just disagree with you guys from time to time. And you think that I should be over here telling you how perfect AU is.

Bullcorn? It IS possible that him being older means that he's been where you're going. A lot of times when someone "older" says this they're just being observant about you and your current situation.

It would be if I were 14 years old. Not when I'm 26, HIGHLY responsible, and quite mature for a 26 year old. And it would be if he expressed a history of being more open minded than me. Yet that isn't the case.

Being older doesn't give you a monopoly on wisdom.

Again, since you've dodged this question 3 times now...I'll ask again. If I'm being SOOOOOOOO illogical, and UA's transgressions are SOOOOOOO much worse than AU's, shouldn't we fully expect for UA to get hammered by the NCAA, and AU to slide by without reprimand?

a certain restraint, or decorum might need to be observed

And to you, the only acceptable amount of restraint and decorum...would be for me to bring my Auburn homer kneepads everytime I post.

Sorry BG, but I think you and everyone else knows that I've only given you a hard time in the threads where you've been whiney. I've also given you credit for what you do well. So, I'm sorry, but the pitty party should stop here.

I'm not here to blow smoke up Auburn's skirt. I don't do it for UA on the UA board. No reason to do it for you guys here. You fail to see that just because you are on an AU board, it doesn't mean you have to be illogical about your homerism. Don't act like I'm some serial flamer like BamaPerry. I'm respectful. I don't call people names, I'm not rude. I just disagree with you guys from time to time. And you think that I should be over here telling you how perfect AU is.

You'll never get it. That's okay. Some people are just impossible. For you to not really understand what we've tried to tell you in these threads, is a clear sign of a stubborness that lessens the respect I actually have for your past history and other posts.

Bullcorn? It IS possible that him being older means that he's been where you're going. A lot of times when someone "older" says this they're just being observant about you and your current situation.

It would be if I were 14 years old. Not when I'm 26, HIGHLY responsible, and quite mature for a 26 year old.

...and obviously very humble...eh hem... :rolleyes:

And it would be if he expressed a history of being more open minded than me. Yet that isn't the case.

Being older doesn't give you a monopoly on wisdom.

....but it doesn't mean that what I said was untrue either. Forgive me if you being 26, HIGHLY responsible, and quite mature for a 26 year old, doesn't scream anything about wisdom and knowledge either. I don't doubt your maturity level, but your comprehension level is a little in doubt right now.

Again, since you've dodged this question 3 times now...I'll ask again. If I'm being SOOOOOOOO illogical, and UA's transgressions are SOOOOOOO much worse than AU's, shouldn't we fully expect for UA to get hammered by the NCAA, and AU to slide by without reprimand?

BG, let me break this down for you one last time.

Your question is a very basic one, and only covers about a third of what my issue with you is, but I'll humor you here, since you think I'm avoiding something.

No, at this point, with the current facts that are known, I see no reason to believe that the penalties assessed on the University of Alabama are to be any worse, for any reason, than at Auburn.

I don't believe they'll be "hammered.

What you didn't ask, because you simply don't agree, and can't see the difference, is that if there's a difference in perception of the common person when it comes to the different infractions involved.

I believe that like in law, where there are misdemeanors and felonies, it is the same in the means of infractions. As you said, they are all minor, but just like misdemeanors, there are lesser ones, and ones that were acted in an intentional manner, and some that were unintentional.

The only argument you seem to want to accept is that your minor infractions no matter the intent, should be perceived by the common public as the same thing as a clearly unintentional minor infraction.

If this makes you feel better about yourself and your school, then fine buddy, that's just dandy. Just don't come over here and cry all day when we don't take the same approach. It's a dry, miscalculated uninteresting way to go about things.

So, I hope I've answered your question BG, lord knows if you don't like the answer, you'll ask it 50 more times till you can spin it your way.

I think you'll find me a hard target to take that approach with.

No, at this point, with the current facts that are known, I see no reason to believe that the penalties assessed on the University of Alabama are to be any worse, for any reason, than at Auburn.

That's all I needed to know.

Thanks!

That's all I needed to know.

Thanks!

BG, I had no doubt in my mind that's all you wanted to, and were going to see. Frustration is a bastard! I know. I'll be sure to be nicer and not throw so many words and ideas at you next time.

Have a good afternoon. :thumbsup:

sorry but.. :roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

All of these threads are ridiculous. Minor violations happen - if you thought Auburn was going to be perfectly clean, you're delusional. I remember seeing Kodi Burns on the jumbotron and wondering, "Is that legal if he's already committed? If not, we're busted for something."

All of this uproar over minor violations is almost the same as the Bham News posting front page headlines titled, "Saban Wants Irish," which concerns Nick Saban mentioning possibly, in the future, maybe, if things work out right, playing Notre Dame.

Has the offseason been this boring? Barry Bonds about to break the homerun record even though it's almost proven he took steroids? Alex Rodriguez having a historic season? NBA refs possibly point shaving because of gambling? Michael Vick and dog fighting?

Archived