Bama RB suffers ACL injury

BamaGrad03

That's a big blow on an already thin depth chart. I expected him to come in and take the starting job during two-a-days. Good luck to him on his recovery.

Well, there's no way he would project ahead of Terry Grant or Roy Upchurch. Terry Grant will be the man this year.

I did expect Goode to either redshirt or play ahead of Johns and Coffee.

Well, there's no way he would project ahead of Terry Grant or Roy Upchurch. Terry Grant will be the man this year.

Hey BG, what's the deal on Johns? Is he actually moving to LB or will he be an RB? He seems like too good a player to be a third string RB.

Demetruis Goode blew out his ACL in practice. Will have surgery.

Sucks because he was probably going to factor in the 3 deep.

Sorry to hear. Hope he makes it back.

you're in trouble.......

Hey BG, what's the deal on Johns? Is he actually moving to LB or will he be an RB? He seems like too good a player to be a third string RB.

I think Johns should have been a LB from day one. He's really hard to tackle, but dang he runs straight up. And he's not THAT fast. I just don't see RB as a position that he naturally fits with. But I also think he's too far down the line to switch positions now.

you're in trouble.......

Whatever.

As someone who's actually experienced an "Unhappy Triad" (tearing 3 of the major knee ligaments) playing football, then surgery and recovery, I wish him the best. Even one torn ligament is a tough, tough injury to come back from. It'll definitely test your metal.

Because there has to be a dig in here somewhere....It'll be alright BG, Satan, I mean Saban will produce another RB somehow. :thumbsup:

Question BG. I know that Johns' running style may not be the best and he may not be that fast. But, the guy averaged 4.5 yards per carry on just 66 rushes. That's about 5 rushes a game. Not exactly enough carries to get in rhythm. They didn't have a choice but to ride Darby last year after what he'd meant to the program. But, had Johns gotten 150-200 carries last year, how do you think he'd have looked by the end of the year? I truly believe the guy would have been a 1000 yard rusher and would figure into your plans as the feature back.

To me, Ronnie Brown was never that fast or flashy. But when he got his chance to be the man (Florida game after Caddy's injury) we all went.... :o

Up until then, RB was a big, 225 lb back with a lot of potential. Do you think Johns would have responded like that?

I do think Johns would have been a better option last year. Darby was battling too much stuff and with our Oline, we needed a straightline guy...not a dancer.

I don't think Johns is a BAD RB. I just think Terry Grant is that good. I think Johns will get touches. Remember Saban is a RB by commitee type of guy.

And I think what distinguishes RB over a guy like Johns is his balance. Johns doesn't seem to have quite the balance that Ronnie had, and he doesn't have the vision either.

I do think Johns would have been a better option last year. Darby was battling too much stuff and with our Oline, we needed a straightline guy...not a dancer.

I don't think Johns is a BAD RB. I just think Terry Grant is that good. I think Johns will get touches. Remember Saban is a RB by commitee type of guy.

And I think what distinguishes RB over a guy like Johns is his balance. Johns doesn't seem to have quite the balance that Ronnie had, and he doesn't have the vision either.

I think JJ is a little slower than Ronnie Brown. JJ doesnt have great speed. He isnt slow, but he isnt going to out run a safety either.

By the way folks, Ronnie Brown was a burner. He ran a 4.32 at the NFL combine the year he was drafted. He actually had more straight-line speed than Caddy, he just wasn't as shifty or quick.

Question for BG or other Bama fans: Is Demetrious Goode related to Kerry Goode or the other Goode kid that played at Bama in the 80s?

By the way folks, Ronnie Brown was a burner. He ran a 4.32 at the NFL combine the year he was drafted. He actually had more straight-line speed than Caddy, he just wasn't as shifty or quick.

Question for BG or other Bama fans: Is Demetrious Goode related to Kerry Goode or the other Goode kid that played at Bama in the 80s?

Nope, but he did inherit the knee problems I guess.

He hurt his hip. And at the time it looked pretty bad. I don't know how much time he's expected to miss.

I heard he collided with two DB's and landed very awkwardly. Good luck to him, hope he's not down long. With the exception of Carl Stewart's hammy pull we've been pretty luck.” knock-on-wood"

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I worked at the zoo? I did; a summer job about 3 years ago. My job was to roll around a buggy full of nuts that visitors could buy and throw to the monkeys.

I was fired one sunny August afternoon from my nut peddling job at the zoo. The events that led to my dismissal still haunt me to this day.

I came to work just as I had countless other mornings, clocked in, picked up my nut buggy, and started to make my rounds. I noticed a lower than usual attendance at the zoo that day, but I chalked that up to the relentless heat wave we were suffering through. It was 102 degrees at least.

About 1:15 in the afternoon, all hell breaks loose. Somehow or another, the monkeys broke out of their cage. I think it was due to hunger, because of the low crowds, no one had fed them any nuts. Anyway, the lead monkey of the pack zeroed in on me and my nut buggy. He was one of those wild, crazy haired monkeys with the plastic ass. You know the ones I'm talking about? The ones with the red plastic ass? He and 4 of his monkey buddies with plastic asses ran up to me and tumped my nut buggy over, then punched me in my testicles. I fell to the ground and covered up, but it did no good. Those monkeys with the red plastic asses continued to rain blows down upon me until I blacked out.

When I came to, I was lying in the flamingo pen. A crowd of people had gathered and they were laughing and pointing at me because, during my period of unconsciousness, Larry (the alpha monkey) had removed my pants.

The head zoo guy came by to see what all the commotion was about, saw me lying there, and fired me on the spot in front of all those people. I was humiliated.

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I worked at the zoo? I did, a summer job about 3 years ago. My job was to roll around a buggy full of nuts that visitors could buy and throw to the monkeys.

I was fired one sunny August afternoon from my nut peddling job at the zoo. The events that led to my dismissal still haunt me to this day.

I came to work just as I had countless other mornings, clocked in, picked up my nut buggy, and started to make my rounds. I noticed a lower than usual attendance at the zoo that day, but I chalked that up to the relentless heat wave we were suffering through. It was 102 degrees at least.

About 1:15 in the afternoon, all hell breaks loose. Somehow or another, the monkeys broke out of their cage. I think it was due to hunger, because of the low crowds, no one had fed them any nuts. Anyway, the lead monkey of the pack zeroed in on my and my nut buggy. He was one of those wild, crazy haired monkeys with the plastic ass. You know the ones I'm talking about? The ones with the red plastic ass? He and 4 of his monkey buddies with plastic asses ran up to me and tumped my nut buggy over, then punched me in my testicles. I fell to the ground and covered up, but it did no good. Those monkeys with the red plastic asses continued to rain blows down upon me until I blacked out.

When I came to, I was lying in the flamingo pen. A crowd of people had gathered and they were laughing and pointing at me because, during my period of unconsciousness, Larry (the alpha monkey) had removed my pants.

The head zoo guy came by to see what all the commotion was about, saw me lying there, and fired me on the spot in front of all those people. I was humiliated.

Ignorance is bliss no?

That monkey gave you what you deserved.

Go away.

NUT BUGGY.....

That's the funniest post you've ever posted on here and that's saying a lot.

QUOTE(BAMAPERRY @ May 30 2007, 10:47 AM)

My grandma refuses to kiss me.

Sorry to hear it. Hate to see any player injured. But, didn't I hear somewhere that uat was "rollin' five deep" @ rb?

Did I ever tell you guys about the time I worked at the zoo? I did; a summer job about 3 years ago. My job was to roll around a buggy full of nuts that visitors could buy and throw to the monkeys.

About 1:15 in the afternoon, all hell breaks loose. Somehow or another, the monkeys broke out of their cage. I think it was due to hunger, because of the low crowds, no one had fed them any nuts. Anyway, the lead monkey of the pack zeroed in on me and my nut buggy. He was one of those wild, crazy haired monkeys with the plastic ass. You know the ones I'm talking about? The ones with the red plastic ass? He and 4 of his monkey buddies with plastic asses ran up to me and tumped my nut buggy over, then punched me in my testicles. I fell to the ground and covered up, but it did no good. Those monkeys with the red plastic asses continued to rain blows down upon me until I blacked out.

"Nut buggy" is my new favorite phrase.

Found a video of you. The zoo must have made you cut your mullet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIH_wXFN-ks

NUT BUGGY.....

C'mon Matt. You're killing the buzz.

NUT BUGGY.....

C'mon Matt. You're killing the buzz.

fixed it brother......

Archived