Favorite Trick Play(s)

An Auburn Fan

i loved this one

vs ARK

That one may be my favorite as well. I was in the stands going crazy.

Also, if we are not talking about just Auburn, but trick plays in college football, the end of last year's Boise State-Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl was just plain amazing.

My favorite is the ball fake we stole from UGAy. David Greene was the best at it, but JC wasn't bad either. If I remember right, we gave them a taste of their own medicine one time.

Yeah thats a good one. Especially when we stuck it to them. I enjoyed the fake punt to Will last year. I also liked the "huddle kickoff return play" Where a few of the return men would huddle up and come out sprinting. No one would know who had the ball. I remember it being well executed against Michigan in the Citrus Bowl. We ran it another time, but I cant remember the game.

My favorite is the ball fake we stole from UGAy. David Greene was the best at it, but JC wasn't bad either. If I remember right, we gave them a taste of their own medicine one time.

Yeah thats a good one. Especially when we stuck it to them. I enjoyed the fake punt to Will last year. I also liked the "huddle kickoff return play" Where a few of the return men would huddle up and come out sprinting. No one would know who had the ball. I remember it being well executed against Michigan in the Citrus Bowl. We ran it another time, but I cant remember the game.

2004 Sugar Bowl against Virginia Tech. After half time the Kickoff to Auburn The Hidden Ball Huddle and then everyone running amuck! THAT WAS AWESOME and I about shat myself

One of my favorite trick plays was one that failed...St. Bobby's (in)famous "dumbrooskie" play the last time we played FSUcks. Everybody around us in the stadium was joking that "Bowden wouldn't be stupid enough to try a trick play here, everybody is expecting it", but sure enough, even our noseguard, big

ole Walter "Barbeque" Tate was waiting for it. He pounced on the ball when it was layed on the ground. End of game. Ooooh, I shake in my shoes w/ fear @ the prospect of playing them again (especially w/ our 14-4-1 record againt FSU). Notice how we haven't seen another trick play from the original "riverboat gambler" since then?

My FAVORITE trick play of ALL time........................................

Is the one that WORKS.

That being said, the hook and ladder/lateral play can be a winner, especially if the players are crossing and not trailing. No need to get into a discussion on whether the correct terminology is ladder or lateral. We'll save that for later.

Archived