Favorite Trick Play(s)

An Auburn Fan

It would be interesting to know your favorite trick play that we executed over the years....

Last year i enjoyed both trick plays we did with WSU and SC......

War Eagle!! :cheer::cheer:

My favorite is the ball fake we stole from UGAy. David Greene was the best at it, but JC wasn't bad either. If I remember right, we gave them a taste of their own medicine one time.

My favorite is the ball fake we stole from UGAy. David Greene was the best at it, but JC wasn't bad either. If I remember right, we gave them a taste of their own medicine one time.

Wasn't that in the endzone? Or am I just making stuff up?

i loved this one

vs ARK

Oh yeah. I remember freaking out because Jason left it al ittle short. I also remember freaking out as he crossed the goal line. Good stuff.

The one that sticks out for me the most is the onside at S Car last year. I was there and I had no clue what was going on. I thought we just totally flubbed the kickoff. I don't think anyone in the entire stadium, much less watching on tv expected that.

Pure balls Tubby. Pure balls.

I also loved the Carnell td pass against uga in 04.

Since Mario Fannin played QB in high school, what are the odds that he'll throw a few passes from the tailback position this year? :big:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/...rt/AUB/10288009

RB Mario Fannin -- Auburn was able to redshirt Fannin last fall but he spent the spring displaying his potential as a runner, receiver and returner. Offensive coordinator Al Borges has said Fannin is the most complete package among Auburn's tailbacks.

Borges didn't mention passing, but I think if any RB could pass it would be Fannin.

Since Mario Fannin played QB in high school, what are the odds that he'll throw a few passes from the tailback position this year? :big:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/...rt/AUB/10288009

RB Mario Fannin -- Auburn was able to redshirt Fannin last fall but he spent the spring displaying his potential as a runner, receiver and returner. Offensive coordinator Al Borges has said Fannin is the most complete package among Auburn's tailbacks.

Borges didn't mention passing, but I think if any RB could pass it would be Fannin.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/huntsvill....xml&coll=1

Fannin was a dual-threat quarterback, rushing for 1,210 yards and passing for more than 1,000 as a senior at Lovejoy High School.

The reverse near the goal line works just about every time, especially when you have a good running team. I wish we would try that this year.

The reverse near the goal line works just about every time, especially when you have a good running team. I wish we would try that this year.

I wish we would run that more every year. It seems like when it is run and talked about the coaches say its part of the offense, yet we rarely see it. It's most always successful (see 2005 uat game for the TD). Not really a trick play, but very effective nonetheless.

ahhh yeah the stepoutatthe15followed by the clip on Wilhite play....mmmhhhmmm :puke:

I'm only going there because the Houston One Nutt fan brought it up.

How's the supply of 'roids going??

Can't wait for the enlarged Nutt bobblehead!

Calm down now. I'm friendly. No need to throw out a bunch of cheesy one-liners.

here's mine.... believe this was in 1999 if i'm not mistaken.

Fake FG

That's mine too...it was all down hill for LS-Who after that....

:au::homer:

It was just downhill it was a total and complete implosion for LSU, I loved that game from the start to the finish. Poor Dinardo.

It's most always successful (see 2005 uat game for the TD). Not really a trick play, but very effective nonetheless.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! One of my biggest pet peeves! 2005 was not a reverse! That is an end around play.

was a reverse. I hate it when announcers get this wrong. This is an even bigger problem than hook & ladder vs hook & lateral.

It's most always successful (see 2005 uat game for the TD). Not really a trick play, but very effective nonetheless.

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! One of my biggest pet peeves! 2005 was not a reverse! That is an end around play.

was a reverse. I hate it when announcers get this wrong. This is an even bigger problem than hook & ladder vs hook & lateral.

Or they'll call it a DOUBLE reverse and its not even a reverse. That would mean it changed direction TWICE. I hate this about announcers too. You are right, I was mistaken, the 2005 play was NOT a reverse. Announcers don't know the rules, and former coaches know even less of the rules.

In general I love the Flee Flicker. Was best executed by Dan Marino in his prime & his awesome fake spike to beat the Jets.

BUT! As for Auburn no one has mentioned it yet and even thought it didn't gain a TON of yards I almost fell out of my chair when they did it.

2004 Sugar Bowl against Virginia Tech. After half time the Kickoff to Auburn The Hidden Ball Huddle and then everyone running amuck! THAT WAS AWESOME and I about shat myself

Archived