Bama game

Roll Tide Rev

Let's not get into splitting hairs about who booed what.

Bryant-Denny booed Nick Saban for going for a field goal. His decision turned out to be the right call, but he still got booed.

Fans are fickle everywhere.

agreed. i am glad he made that call, because i don't think we could have lasted in OT. the D looked like it was running on fumes as it was.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I am being crazy here, but when Auburn is playing I browse and post on an Auburn message board, win or lose. I have no desire to visit a bammer board, UF board, LSU board, Troy board, Opelika High school board, pee wee football board, or any other board but an Auburn football board. This is an Auburn board right? Am I being totally irrational here?

Yeah, I never go to the Bama board either. My son goes to LSU and I don't go to their boards either!

trust me. these people have something seriously wrong with them. you really have to feel sorry for the bama fanswho spend so much time on this site. their football team may provide them some temporary joy but as for their home lives.... uhm uhm uhm .... not pretty.

Anway, this is a big win for Alabama. Y'all should be celebrating with your buds instead of over here talking trash to us.

come on cd. you know better than that. if they had friends they wouldnt be posting on here 24/7

Anway, this is a big win for Alabama. Y'all should be celebrating with your buds instead of over here talking trash to us.

come on cd. you know better than that. if they had friends they wouldnt be posting on here 24/7

Most of those guys are fairly new to AUnation except for Argo and he's been around a while. I also know he is a regular poster on one of the Alabama message boards.

Maybe I am being crazy here, but when Auburn is playing I browse and post on an Auburn message board, win or lose. I have no desire to visit a bammer board, UF board, LSU board, Troy board, Opelika High school board, pee wee football board, or any other board but an Auburn football board. This is an Auburn board right? Am I being totally irrational here?

Yeah, I never go to the Bama board either. My son goes to LSU and I don't go to their boards either!

trust me. these people have something seriously wrong with them. you really have to feel sorry for the bama fanswho spend so much time on this site. their football team may provide them some temporary joy but as for their home lives.... uhm uhm uhm .... not pretty.

odd, you guys were all about this thread when we were getting it handed to us. i like coming here because for the most part, most people here are pretty decent, and i like to argue. everyone likes to go back and forth with their rival. i like how that happens here and it is pretty much kept clean and decent. i won't post on a Rivals board because i cannot believe how both sides talk to each other. I wouldn't post on Tigerdroppings if you paid me. but, this is certainly not the only board i post on.

odd, you guys were all about this thread when we were getting it handed to us. i like coming here because for the most part, most people here are pretty decent, and i like to argue. everyone likes to go back and forth with their rival. i like how that happens here and it is pretty much kept clean and decent. i won't post on a Rivals board because i cannot believe how both sides talk to each other. I wouldn't post on Tigerdroppings if you paid me. but, this is certainly not the only board i post on.

DITTO!

Tabbed browsing. I can celebrate with my buds on two Bama sites AND read the trash talking over here. ;)

DITTO!

Don't you have a sermon to write? :poke:

"Lord, we just want to thank you for sending us Nick Saban."

Don't you have a sermon to write? :poke:

"Lord, we just want to thank you for sending us Nick Saban."

uh, no? but, i am glad he is our coach. i don't see a CMS team putting 21 on Arky in the 1st quarter *insert deer in the headlights look here*. i don't think we would have been close to winning this year. although i am not too thrilled about giving them the game in the second half, i think some great decisions were made in the last 5 minutes of the game and that gave us an edge. i don't think he is a God, but i am certainly glad he is our coach.

Most of those guys are fairly new to AUnation except for Argo and he's been around a while. I also know he is a regular poster on one of the Alabama message boards.

I may look new now, but I was a member here for almost a year about a year ago, and had several hundred posts. My job didn't allow me to post any last football season, but that doesn't mean I didn't like browsing every now and then. I have had a lot of decent conversations with the likes of DKW, WarTim, TitanTiger etc in the past, and actually enjoyed them. You know, seeing everyone talking about the exact same thing all the time gets boring. i like seeing the opposite views. And I also tab browse. I was on the crimsontusks site at the same time.

My bad. Guess I'll stay over there from now on. This site seemed a lot more open to rivals when y'all were dominating the conference. Guess things change when things aren't going so great.

JnxTideFan,

To some degree you have a point, however, you would have to expect us not to be in the greatest of moods given the performances of the past two weeks. I wouldn't say CrimsonTusks and really any Bama board has been all that hospitable the last few years to Auburn fans unless they were on their absolute best behavior.

Lest we forget that Saint Saban was booed on his own field.

that's the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board. Saban wasn't booed. The decision by the staff to kick a friekin fg (ala Shula) was booed.

But wait, I'm sorry, I guess that's my crimson glasses and koolaid.

<_<

Who made the decision that got booed?

Tubbs got booed for going to overtime, the golden boy Brandon Cox got booed off the field...............Hypocrites.

I may look new now, but I was a member here for almost a year about a year ago, and had several hundred posts. My job didn't allow me to post any last football season, but that doesn't mean I didn't like browsing every now and then. I have had a lot of decent conversations with the likes of DKW, WarTim, TitanTiger etc in the past, and actually enjoyed them. You know, seeing everyone talking about the exact same thing all the time gets boring. i like seeing the opposite views. And I also tab browse. I was on the crimsontusks site at the same time.

My bad. Guess I'll stay over there from now on. This site seemed a lot more open to rivals when y'all were dominating the conference. Guess things change when things aren't going so great.

We are more tolerant of rivals on this board than most any other board on the net. Some of the things our rivals say on this board (particularly uat fans), if we said them back on their own board it would get us banned. Auburn fans that visit uat boards (and in my case non-uat boards but with uat fans) get blasted by uat fans at every turn. I quit visiting rival message boards over 6 years ago because of the way i was treated there. They made it very clear that, I, as an auburn fan wasn't welcome. So before you make some outlandish comment about how,when, or why we are more or less tolerant to rival fans, look at the message boards of your own team and how they treat rival fans. Maybe it's changed since I visited them but given the attitudes we get in public here, I wouldn't count on it. In fact, its likely gotten worse because they hide behind a keyboard and run their mouths.

I don't visit rival boards myself anymore. Will never visit a rivals board, particularly a uat board. I don't enjoy reading nothing but Auburn bashing. We have enough outlets across the state that do this thanks to the uat boosters, and the idiot uat fans. I'll be damned if I'm going to go voluntarily subject myself to it. Besides If I or anyone else dare speak out against the "almighty bammer nation" they'll be banned anyway.

I make no bones about where I stand. I LOVE Auburn and always will. I also absolutely detest alabama and everything they stand for and never want them to have one ounce of success at anything. EVER. But, I don't visit uat boards and tell them that. This I prefer to share on my Auburn board if I choose. Yet, we have seen uat fans here doing just that about Auburn. bamaperry comes to mind, and a few others. Some we've had to ban because of their behavior. Uat boards have nothing I want or need. Hell, my wife and I were almost run off the road by one of your fellow uat fans a few weeks ago while driving on the interstate.

We are more tolerant of rivals on this board than most any other board on the net. Some of the things our rivals say on this board (particularly uat fans), if we said them back on their own board it would get us banned. Auburn fans that visit uat boards (and in my case non-uat boards but with uat fans) get blasted by uat fans at every turn. I quit visiting rival message boards over 6 years ago because of the way i was treated there. They made it very clear that, I, as an auburn fan wasn't welcome. So before you make some outlandish comment about how,when, or why we are more or less tolerant to rival fans, look at the message boards of your own team and how they treat rival fans. Maybe it's changed since I visited them but given the attitudes we get in public here, I wouldn't count on it. In fact, its likely gotten worse because they hide behind a keyboard and run their mouths.

I don't visit rival boards myself anymore. Will never visit a rivals board, particularly a uat board. I don't enjoy reading nothing but Auburn bashing. We have enough outlets across the state that do this thanks to the uat boosters, and the idiot uat fans. I'll be damned if I'm going to go voluntarily subject myself to it. Besides If I or anyone else dare speak out against the "almighty bammer nation" they'll be banned anyway.

I make no bones about where I stand. I LOVE Auburn and always will. I also absolutely detest alabama and everything they stand for and never want them to have one ounce of success at anything. EVER. But, I don't visit uat boards and tell them that. This I prefer to share on my Auburn board if I choose. Yet, we have seen uat fans here doing just that about Auburn. bamaperry comes to mind, and a few others. Some we've had to ban because of their behavior. Uat boards have nothing I want or need. Hell, my wife and I were almost run off the road by one of your fellow uat fans a few weeks ago while driving on the interstate.

Man whatever, it goes both ways.

There is no need to stereotype, saying that Bama fans are idiots. Yes, some are....but Auburn has just as many.

There is no need to stereotype, saying that Bama fans are idiots. Yes, some are....but Auburn has just as many.

I speak from my own experiences. I'd be willing to beat you've never had an Auburn fan try to run you off the road.

I speak from my own experiences. I'd be willing to beat you've never had an Auburn fan try to run you off the road.

No I have not had one run me off the road......but, an Auburn fan spit on one my friends that was in the Million Dollar Band. It was the last time Bama played at Auburn before the game.

My thoughts:

1) Bama is exactly what I thought they would....capable of winning the West....capable of losing to any SEC team...very off/on

2) Wilson looks good but I just don't see him as very comfortable. He kind of reminds me of Blake Mitchell in terms of head games...he had some fantastic throws and some really bad ones

3) Alabama's secondary looks good...Alabama's LB's looked good...but man did those LB's look lost on some blitz packages...Arkansas ran right by them at times.

4) Very surprised that Arkansas came back 2 times being down by 21....didn think a Saban team would have that happen

5) Bama will beat UGA by 13-14 points. It will be close for 3 quarters and then Applewhite will attack our CB's and burn us into oblivion.

My thoughts:

1) Bama is exactly what I thought they would....capable of winning the West....capable of losing to any SEC team...very off/on

2) Wilson looks good but I just don't see him as very comfortable. He kind of reminds me of Blake Mitchell in terms of head games...he had some fantastic throws and some really bad ones

3) Alabama's secondary looks good...Alabama's LB's looked good...but man did those LB's look lost on some blitz packages...Arkansas ran right by them at times.

4) Very surprised that Arkansas came back 2 times being down by 21....didn think a Saban team would have that happen

5) Bama will beat UGA by 13-14 points. It will be close for 3 quarters and then Applewhite will attack our CB's and burn us into oblivion.

Im not so sure about #5. If UGA can throw the ball, it will be a long night for Bama. We didnt get any pressure on C. Dick last. He had all night to throw.

We can throw and throw often

We just can't catch it....whatsoever

Our OL got beat often BY WESTERN FREAKIN CARO-FREAKIN-LINA

Really? I didnt watch that game at all..........I thought you guys handled them pretty easily.

Putting some of the comebacks of Arkansas into perspective...two TDs came off of turnovers. One was a missed exchange/bad snap and one came from a weird throw/int from JPW.

Also, our makeup on defense changed GREATLY when Darren Mustin went down in the 2nd Quarter with a stinger. Waldrop just doesn't bring the same ability to the table. If Darren is out for an extended amount of time, we might be in trouble. But I was very happy with our D for 3 quarters. A little concerned that we didn't hold them to field goals instead of TDs

Putting some of the comebacks of Arkansas into perspective...two TDs came off of turnovers. One was a missed exchange/bad snap and one came from a weird throw/int from JPW.

Also, our makeup on defense changed GREATLY when Darren Mustin went down in the 2nd Quarter with a stinger. Waldrop just doesn't bring the same ability to the table. If Darren is out for an extended amount of time, we might be in trouble. But I was very happy with our D for 3 quarters. A little concerned that we didn't hold them to field goals instead of TDs

BG, you can't play this game of shoundn't have/ wouldn't have. Without interceptions, Alabama would have never scored 21.

BG, you can't play this game of shoundn't have/ wouldn't have. Without interceptions, Alabama would have never scored 21.

None of Bama's points came off of turnovers.

And I wasn't discounting their scores. I was putting them in perspective in terms of how many points our DEFENSE was perceived to have given up. 3 of their scores came on a short field. Two of them came off of back to back turnovers, right after the D had given up a long drive...so they were on the field a TON.

Archived