UGA v. Alabama Game

Justin5

I'm with Aubirdie on this one. It always seems them last minute PI flags come out on 4th down for bama!

and an undeserved one got called in our favor where in that game??

Last week.

"Bammar gets another Phantom PI call!"

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with Aubirdie on this one. It always seems them last minute PI flags come out on 4th down for bama!

Last week.

"Bammar gets another Phantom PI call!"

whether you like it or not, that call in the end zone was PI by the letter of the law. i know you'll never want to see it that way, and you can haggle all you want about "well most refs wouldn't call it" but it was PI.

The last UGA drive before you guys tied it up. There was a :uga: receiver that was RUN OVER by a db and NOTHING was called. That was a very good break that set you up to drive for the tie. The other PI call was one down near the endzone on the td drive.

I swear I thought sabear was gonna' CRY in the post game interview. Come on little nicky...Man up a bit ! ! !

The last UGA drive before you guys tied it up. There was a :uga: receiver that was RUN OVER by a db and NOTHING was called. That was a very good break that set you up to drive for the tie. The other PI call was one down near the endzone on the td drive.

i'm not sure i saw the first one you're talking about, so i won't say it was or it wasn't. the other they replayed it a few times i believe and it was PI.

OK, now that everyone has calmed down a little bit...

Alabama didn't look to great tonight and yada yada. But what is interesting to me is that the past two weeks, they have come out after halftime and pretty much done NOTHING until about half-way through the 4th quarter, then they come alive. It's like they are waiting until the end to get fired up and play.

Wouldn't it be easier to come out of the locker room fired up and get up by a couple of touchdowns?

Any team that runs the ball well is just going to wear them out if they keep doing this. That's what Arkansas did. That's what UGA did. That's what everybody else is going to do too. Huston Nutt did the right things until the bonehead throw on 3rd down with 2:00 to go. I think everybody else has taken note, and I expect to see a lot of the rest of their games just like this. Late desperation drives due to a lackluster 3rd quarter.

Any team that runs the ball well is just going to wear them out if they keep doing this. That's what Arkansas did. That's what UGA did. That's what everybody else is going to do too. Huston Nutt did the right things until the bonehead throw on 3rd down with 2:00 to go. I think everybody else has taken note, and I expect to see a lot of the rest of their games just like this. Late desperation drives due to a lackluster 3rd quarter.

Georgia averaged 3.8 yards per rush. They didn't exactly wear us out with the running game. They did however kill us on the screen plays in 3rd and long situations. As bad as we played, we had a chance to beat a solid UGA team.

OK, now that everyone has calmed down a little bit...

Alabama didn't look to great tonight and yada yada. But what is interesting to me is that the past two weeks, they have come out after halftime and pretty much done NOTHING until about half-way through the 4th quarter, then they come alive. It's like they are waiting until the end to get fired up and play.

Wouldn't it be easier to come out of the locker room fired up and get up by a couple of touchdowns?

That is assuming they are close enough to attempt their desperation offense. Really good teams will simply wear 'em out.

True..but it least we want get beat by D2 teams....

Are you saying you wAnt to get beat by D2 teams? That's cool. great idea. We all know the D1 losses will come naturally, so the fact that you wAnt to lose to D2 teams is very cool. However, without the word "to" inserted after want, your sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Huh? Last week we scored 10 points in the 3rd Quarter. And drove down and missed a field goal in the 3rd quarter.

Huh? Last week we scored 10 points in the 3rd Quarter. And drove down and missed a field goal in the 3rd quarter.

I guess I was thinking about letting Arkansas come back from a 21-point deficit in the 3rd quarter. My bad.

I'm glad UGA won, but Alabama continues to impress

Their receivers are the difference; otherwise they are strictly average to mediocre...

Yeah, Terry Grant is garbage.

Oh, you're right, your running back is great too. But wait, you have great receivers and a great running back and a QB who's so great his name cannot be said out-loud unless all 3 given names are pronounced and a coach who's so great he is by far the highest paid in the country; but yet you needed a miracle (including a bad PI call) comeback to win at home after giving up a huge lead against an Arkansas team without their Heisman quality running back at the end of the game (the same Arkansas team that lost to UK at home), and lost at home to a Georgia team that couldn't score a TD against that defensive powerhouse South Carolina?

Oh, you're right, your running back is great too. But wait, you have great receivers and a great running back and a QB who's so great his name cannot be said out-loud unless all 3 given names are pronounced and a coach who's so great he is by far the highest paid in the country; but yet you needed a miracle (including a bad PI call) comeback to win at home after giving up a huge lead against an Arkansas team without their Heisman quality running back at the end of the game (the same Arkansas team that lost to UK at home), and lost at home to a Georgia team that couldn't score a TD against that defensive powerhouse South Carolina?

What's your point? All I said was that Terry Grant was good.

What's your point? All I said was that Terry Grant was good.

For me the jury is still out in Grant, I want to see him gain over a 100 against a decent team, and carry the load down the stretch before I admit he's up there with the top of the other SEC RB's. We've all seen our fair share of RB's that start out with some great per game and per carry averages but quickly get brought back to reality when the season goes along and teams prepare for them. The potential is there though...

Archived