Tenn-Georgia

DCWarEagle

So Phil Fulmer has 138 wins, two SEC championships and an MNC. His winning percentage is over 76%.

Those championships are nine years old, however. The natives got really restless with Tennessee's 5-6 season. Things got better last year as the Vols were 9-4. But now with two blowout losses, the heat is on. I have read people say that this is the most important game of his career (that seems like a big overstatement), but I'm wondering. Does anyone think he is in serious trouble if Tenn loses?

The rest of their schedule is not that bad. Miss State, Bama, S. Carolina, Louisiana-Lafayette, Vandy and Kentucky. I'd say even if they lose tomorrow they are looking at an 8-4 or 7-5 at the worst.

Unfortunately, yeah he is. His problem is the rediculous recruiting rankings he has every year. Other than that, I think he's doing a decent job... 76% is pretty high. Has Sabanmania spread to Knoxville?

Fulmer has done a good job at UT but ever since the 1998 season, UT has looked decent not great. The biggest thing to me is that they just don't have a solid running game year in and year out. Who can name the last UT running back that actually did something other than get arrested.

I'd say this game is HUGE for the huge one. Georgia is one of those games circled on UT's schedule for good reason. Lose this one and the wheels are in motion. Only an undefeated rest of the season could save him.

Fulmer screwed up by being so successful right out of the gate. Not that he or anyone else would change that but the bottom line is the bar was raised too high from that point forward. Love him or hate him, Fulmer is a winner. But he won so much in his first 5-7 years, nothing else is good enough.

Must agree with the others. Fulmer set his own bar, and he set it high. Unfortunately, the fatter he gets, the less likely he's been to clear it. He desperately needs to beat the 'Dawgs tomorrow. Unfortunately or fortunately --- depending on your point-of-view --- he won't.

Pharewell Phat Phil!

InDNo

I am sick and tired of hearing about Richt's road record....that won't win us the game

Stafford needs to have a big consistent game...NO STUPID TURNOVERS

We also need to establish Moreno/Brown...HERE THAT BOBO?

If we don't UT wins....and if UT gets ahead...dont be surprised if they run away with their deep attack WHICH WILL HURT US

I'm just glad the Vols got off their respirator before they go to Tuscaloosa. There's no doubt now they can beat the Tide if they keep playing like this, and the meltdown if Saban loses to Fulmer at home would be the sweetest sound out of West Vance short of us adding #6 to our streak. :big:

I am sick and tired of hearing about Richt's road record....that won't win us the game

Stafford needs to have a big consistent game...NO STUPID TURNOVERS

We also need to establish Moreno/Brown...HERE THAT BOBO?

If we don't UT wins....and if UT gets ahead...dont be surprised if they run away with their deep attack WHICH WILL HURT US

Slink knows his dawgs.

Must agree with the others. Fulmer set his own bar, and he set it high. Unfortunately, the fatter he gets, the less likely he's been to clear it. He desperately needs to beat the 'Dawgs tomorrow. Unfortunately or fortunately --- depending on your point-of-view --- he won't.

Pharewell Phat Phil!

InDNo

I was wrrrr .... wrrr ....

Anyway ...

Welcome back, Phat Phil!

InDNo

Archived