FSU vs. Wake Forest

WarTiger

Game is starting out crazy. Not even 2 minutes in to the game they had a play happen that delayed the game over 10 minutes. The officials talked among each other, then talked to the coaches, then after that, decided to review it. After reviewing the play, they still (IMO) enforced the penalty wrong.

Here's the play:

4th and 8 or 9 for FSU. They are in scrimmage kick formation and they kick the ball away to Wake Forest. While the kick is in flight, there is a block in the back by Wake Forest, the ball then hits the FSU player that got blocked in the back, then bounces up and hits the Wake Forest player that commited the penalty. The ball goes in FSU's direction where FSU recovers the ball.

Then shortly after that and a possession by each team, Wake Forest is back in scrimmage kick formation, Line of scrimmage is their own 25, and when they punt it away, FSU blocks the kick. After a mad scramble for the loose ball, Wake Forest recovers the blocked punt at their own 26.

Now, what's the ruling on both of these?? Anyone?? One I absolutely know, the other I'm going to look up now and see if I can find it.

Anyone?

The first one should have been dead where the first FSU player touched it, Wake's ball. The second one... what's the confusion? It seems like that should essentially be a 1 yard gain for WF, UNLESS FSU at some point had possession of the football and fumbled it. In that case, its 1st and 10, WF.

Game has picked up a bit after the 80+ yard run by Wake FSU-14 Wake -7 halftime now time for Holtz to give us our daily laugh. Holtz pep talk to LSU. R U kidding me. :no:

The first one should have been dead where the first FSU player touched it, Wake's ball.

Well, partially correct. When the ball hit the FSU player its a spot of "first touching". Like downing a punt. The block in the back on Wake Forest should have been penalized from the spot of the foul (in this case, 2 yards in front of the return man, not sure of the yard line), 10 yards and first and ten Wake Forest. Now, what did the officials do??? They called the touching by FSU "Illegal Touching", went back to the original line of scrimmage, marked off the 10 yard penalty and awarded a 1st and 10 to FSU. They HOSED THIS BIG TIME....IMO

The second one... what's the confusion? It seems like that should essentially be a 1 yard gain for WF, UNLESS FSU at some point had possession of the football and fumbled it. In that case, its 1st and 10, WF.

Well, as they scrambled for the loose ball, NOBODY gained possession. The ball bounces off nearly every player on the field then is recovered by the kicking team 1 yard PASSED the line of scrimmage. That SHOULD have been FSU's ball, but what did the officials do: They awarded the ball FIRST AND 10 to Wake Forest.

The ball was never possessed after the blocked punt.

They HOSED THIS ONE TOO.IMO.

They HOSED THIS BIG TIME....IMO

They HOSED THIS ONE TOO.IMO.

Alright, say it with me.

1....... 2.... 3..

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :poke:

:lol::lol:

To add a little Auburn flavor to this thread, I thought Micah Andrews (William's boy) brought a much-needed spark to the Wake Forest offense.

InDNo

Archived