Is Fulmer on the way out?

BamaGrad03

I think so.

At this point they could lose to UK and USC and don't count out Vandy.

If he he goes 1 out of 3 with those games he'll be shown the door. I guess then the question is who would they go after? They tend to hire coaches for the long haul.

I know that wouldn't consider it, but I think David Cutcliffe could really do some damage up there. Ole Miss was stuuupid for letting him go.

UT will be in a battle with A&M and Nebraska...and possibly Michigan if they let Phil go.

How many good new coaches will there be to go around?

There's a lot of assistants that will be looked at. I heard someone on radio going through a healthy list from this group of guys.

Fat phil has an AWFUL team and should lose his job. They lost to the Gators by THIRTY FIVE points. THAT game is the one that cost him everything. Today was just icing on his krispy kreme.

Fat phil has an AWFUL team and should lose his job. They lost to the Gators by THIRTY FIVE points. THAT game is the one that cost him everything. Today was just icing on his krispy kreme.

try THIRTY-NINE points, dude. stick a fork in him he is done.

So...coaches we all think are on the way out.

Coach O

Phil F

Nutt

This off season could be intereting and as with any new coach they like to bring their own systems which could set a program back a year or so.

I think with one more good win by MSU they will keep Croom around another year. Their D has been pretty good this year. Their O...well...it looked like a typical MSU O.

If Phil loses to Spurrier and he'll be applying at Piggly Wiggly

He'd better get that resume polished up then. Even as bad as their O has looked in a few games this year, the cocks will beat the vols by 20.

If Phil loses to Spurrier and he'll be applying at Piggly Wiggly

As the mascot...

Beautiful.

They're not going to hire Fulmer at Piggly Wiggly. He'll eat all the inventory.

That being said, Tennessee's defense is AWFUL. Really, really bad. Alabama's offense isn't bad, but it's not the world-class unit that the Tennessee game made them out to be.

UT's lack of adjustments after halftime was Shula-like, if I was a UT fan I would definitely be calling for his head. But I'm sure Chavis will be the sacrificial lamb this season just as Sanders was after 05'. That’s good news for us because they’re back on our schedule next year. :P

Coach O

Phil F

Nutt

This off season could be intereting and as with any new coach they like to bring their own systems which could set a program back a year or so.

I agree except O. I think they will and should give him another year of two. He is (slowly) making progress. Should have beat Bama and a close game with UF may have saved him and validated the idea of more time.

Chavis was awful Saturday. This was the classic case of not making any adjustments whatsoever. UT rushed 3 and dropped everyone else deep into coverage every single time there was a 3rd and 5 or more. How many times did Wilson take off and run for the 1st down? About as many times as Matt Stafford ran the QB draw last year on us.

I'm in agreement that barring a total collapse the rest of the season, Chavis will be a scapegoat but Fulmer's ample arse will be gettin' singed.

Coach O

Phil F

Nutt

I agree except O. I think they will and should give him another year of two. He is (slowly) making progress. Should have beat Bama and a close game with UF may have saved him and validated the idea of more time.

I was going to say the same thing.

This is only his third year and really only his second recruiting class.

IMHO he still has a couple more years to do something.

I feel like Tenn will give Fullmer another year unless he somehow loses more than two more games.

Many, many Arkansas fans hate Nutt. His only win is against Ole Miss, the worst team in the SEC. Unless Nutt pulls a rabbit out of his hat and wins a few more against SC, Tenn, and/or LSU, I think he is gone. The Tenn-Ark game may be a "loser leaves the SEC" match. He also really needs the Miss State game.

Orgeron is the worst coach in the SEC and Ole Miss is the worst team in the SEC. He might get another year, but I don't think there has been much progress made. They are 2-6 and will probably end up at 3-9. (That being said, we can't take them for granted this weekend).

Barring UT winning out (very unlikely), I don't think Chavis is a big enough sacrifice. The defense isn't just bad, it's a disgrace. The bowl games have been an embarrassment. Looks like UT finishes below .500, and Fulmer is toast. I wouldn't bank on Cutcliffe being his successor either. The Ole Miss experience would have been an embarrassment if not for Eli Manning.

I think O and Croom stay. Both teams are more competative than in previous seasons. If MSU beats Arkansas and Ole Miss, the Bulldogs go bowling.

Nutt may survive with wins over Spurrier and Fulmer and giving LSU a decent game, but I wouldn't bet on Nutt returning. I'm sure there is another skeleton bound to come out of that closet sooner or later. Better to nip it in the bud.

Franchione is way gone. Lloyd Carr retires or stays, he won't be fired. Miles won't be his successor either. Bill Cowher has that gig sewn up if he wants it.

Fulmer's successor? Bobby Petrino

Archived