Firerushpropst.com

WarTim

its not like the NCAA is going to cut us a break and let us slide if there was improper behavior.

Let me guess....you were born AFTER 1982?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its not like the NCAA is going to cut us a break and let us slide if there was improper behavior.

Let me guess....you were born AFTER 1982?

As a matter of fact.... check his profile 1983. :roflol:

Sounds like they came up with a way to keep Propst quiet. ("hush money"?)

Hoover school board to consider "total resolution" with Propst

Posted by Birmingham News staff October 30, 2007 3:08 PM

The Hoover school board tonight is expected to consider a settlement agreement with Hoover High School football coach Rush Propst that includes "a financial component," board member A.W. Bolt said today.

Propst has not signed the agreement but probably will later today, before the 7 p.m. called board meeting, Bolt said.

"It's a total resolution of all issues between the board and coach Propst, so there is a financial component to it, yes," he said.

Bolt, who has seen the agreement, said he did not want to talk about the specifics of the proposal until Propst has signed it, which Bolt said he has been told will happen.

He said he thinks it hasn't been signed because "of the final drafting of it, and all this going on between his lawyer and our lawyer."

Efforts to reach Propst's attorney were unsuccessful.

Bolt said he plans to support the agreement unless he hears something tonight that causes him to change his position. Negotiating the agreement has taken weeks, he said. Bolt said he was not involved in the negotiations.

Tonight's school board meeting is at the Farr Administration Building at 2810 Metropolitan Way.

Erin Stock

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/10/hoover...to_conside.html

Sounds like they came up with a way to keep Propst quiet. ("hush money"?)

Hoover school board to consider "total resolution" with Propst

Posted by Birmingham News staff October 30, 2007 3:08 PM

The Hoover school board tonight is expected to consider a settlement agreement with Hoover High School football coach Rush Propst that includes "a financial component," board member A.W. Bolt said today.

Propst has not signed the agreement but probably will later today, before the 7 p.m. called board meeting, Bolt said.

"It's a total resolution of all issues between the board and coach Propst, so there is a financial component to it, yes," he said.

Bolt, who has seen the agreement, said he did not want to talk about the specifics of the proposal until Propst has signed it, which Bolt said he has been told will happen.

He said he thinks it hasn't been signed because "of the final drafting of it, and all this going on between his lawyer and our lawyer."

Efforts to reach Propst's attorney were unsuccessful.

Bolt said he plans to support the agreement unless he hears something tonight that causes him to change his position. Negotiating the agreement has taken weeks, he said. Bolt said he was not involved in the negotiations.

Tonight's school board meeting is at the Farr Administration Building at 2810 Metropolitan Way.

Erin Stock

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2007/10/hoover...to_conside.html

No spilling of the beans??

Follow his homepage....

I'm afraid to click the link for "sausage fest" :no:

its a bi-annual event that i manage for my department that raises $90,000 annually and allows us to more adequately provide fire protection for our community. it also allows us to give donations to various charities and promote their causes in front of ~60,000 people each year. way to try and make a dumb comment out of it though.

Follow his homepage....

its a bi-annual event that i manage for my department that raises $90,000 annually and allows us to more adequately provide fire protection for our community. it also allows us to give donations to various charities and promote their causes in front of ~60,000 people each year. way to try and make a dumb comment out of it though.

Bown Dessie.

Good work BTW. You guys sell the Pepto Bismol with those brats or do you give it away? :roflol:

Follow his homepage....

Bown Dessie.

Good work BTW. You guys sell the Pepto Bismol with those brats or do you give it away? :roflol:

yeah, our sausage is definitely not for everyone. we actually have legal rights to our recipe for Elberta German Sausage. we have had to cut down on some components because, well some people started complaining about the digestive pyrotechnics. ;) if you come down, bring your nexium with you.

The latest from al.com

Rush Propst resigns but will coach through end of season

Posted by Birmingham News staff October 30, 2007 7:38 PM

The Hoover Board of Education tonight unanimously voted to accept Hoover High coach Rush Propst's resignation, but Propst will coach through the end of the season and be transferred to another job until his resignation becomes effective Aug. 31.

School board Vice President Suzy Baker said she cast her vote under duress and was disappointed with the contents of the agreement.

An investigation into grade-changing and preferential treatment of athletes at Hoover High found that an assistant football coach felt pressured by Propst to change a player's grade, which Propst has denied doing.

The attorneys who conducted the probe this summer also cited a need for greater controls of finances related to football camps and broadcasts. Their report touched on Propst's personal life as well.

Propst, who is completing his ninth season at Hoover, has a 108-15 record with five state championships.

See Wednesday's Birmingham News for more details.

Erin Stock

The latest from al.com

The Hoover Board of Education tonight unanimously voted to accept Hoover High coach Rush Propst's resignation, but Propst will coach through the end of the season and be transferred to another job until his resignation becomes effective Aug. 31.

School board Vice President Suzy Baker said she cast her vote under duress and was disappointed with the contents of the agreement.

An investigation into grade-changing and preferential treatment of athletes at Hoover High found that an assistant football coach felt pressured by Propst to change a player's grade, which Propst has denied doing.

The attorneys who conducted the probe this summer also cited a need for greater controls of finances related to football camps and broadcasts. Their report touched on Propst's personal life as well.

Propst, who is completing his ninth season at Hoover, has a 108-15 record with five state championships.

Erin Stock

so, let me get this straight. Hoover has a third party investigate what happened. they name names and find out alot of stuff. people are canned, Propst is basically pressured to resign or be fired.

yet NOTHING is found out in Mobile. they have no clue who did what and they said they will never find out. nobody is canned because, well, supposedly the Mobile School Board has no idea what is going on. yet you guys are just 150% POSITIVE something stinks at Hoover, and there is nothing to see in Mobile. now, i'm not telling you that something IS going on with Mobile, i'm just trying to point out the obvious hypocrisy.

The latest from al.com

Erin Stock

so, let me get this straight. Hoover has a third party investigate what happened. they name names and find out alot of stuff. people are canned, Propst is basically pressured to resign or be fired.

yet NOTHING is found out in Mobile. they have no clue who did what and they said they will never find out. nobody is canned because, well, supposedly the Mobile School Board has no idea what is going on. yet you guys are just 150% POSITIVE something stinks at Hoover, and there is nothing to see in Mobile. now, i'm not telling you that something IS going on with Mobile, i'm just trying to point out the obvious hypocrisy.

Let's keep this simple RWS. Here's why you're coming across as a total moron...

Very simply...

First:

The Hoover Report states that the issue is NOT over. It states that there are witnesses to question yet, and "rabbit-holes" to investigate. It's very clear that while there are things happening with "personnel" at Hoover, the situation itself is NOT over. Quit acting like it is. Quit acting like Auburn fans should heed some sort of advice from you and stop believing what they want. It's getting ridiculous. I can see why you're a firefighter, and it's because you can't stay away from "flames". Get over it pal, it's NOT going to stop.

Second:

What are you "wanting" the Mobile situation to point out? There isn't anything, and it isn't happening, and you're trying to draw blood from a turnip repeatedly bringing it up. Seriously, get a few links, get a few facts, then post them. Till then keep carrying your buckets of water to this flamefest. It's NOT going to stop for you.

By all means though, keeeeeeeeeep at it...Mr. Fireman. :thumbsup:

The latest from al.com

Erin Stock

Very simply...

First:

The Hoover Report states that the issue is NOT over. It states that there are witnesses to question yet, and "rabbit-holes" to investigate. It's very clear that while there are things happening with "personnel" at Hoover, the situation itself is NOT over. Quit acting like it is. Quit acting like Auburn fans should heed some sort of advice from you and stop believing what they want. It's getting ridiculous. I can see why you're a firefighter, and it's because you can't stay away from "flames". Get over it pal, it's NOT going to stop.

Second:

What are you "wanting" the Mobile situation to point out? There isn't anything, and it isn't happening, and you're trying to draw blood from a turnip repeatedly bringing it up. Seriously, get a few links, get a few facts, then post them. Till then keep carrying your buckets of water to this flamefest. It's NOT going to stop for you.

the only reason you are upset is because i won't believe what you believe. the fact of the matter is you have no more proof that Bama had Chapman's grade rounded than i have that AU changed 17 grades. the only difference is you WANT there to be something proving that Bama changed a grade, but there isn't. i know you want Bama buried, and you want it now, and i'm sure you're a little frustrated with the situation. i don't "want" Mobilegate to point out one thing or another. i am simply applying the same logic to the Mobile situation as you guys are to the Hoover situation is all, and judging by your reply you get the point. get a few links, and get a few facts that there IS something that is about to happen in Hoover that is related to UA.

The latest from al.com

Erin Stock

Very simply...

First:

Second:

the only reason you are upset is because i won't believe what you believe. the fact of the matter is you have no more proof that Bama had Chapman's grade rounded than i have that AU changed 17 grades. the only difference is you WANT there to be something proving that Bama changed a grade, but there isn't. i know you want Bama buried, and you want it now, and i'm sure you're a little frustrated with the situation. i don't "want" Mobilegate to point out one thing or another. i am simply applying the same logic to the Mobile situation as you guys are to the Hoover situation is all, and judging by your reply you get the point. get a few links, and get a few facts that there IS something that is about to happen in Hoover that is related to UA.

hey BUCKWHEAT, read the report. It says it's not complete. It SAYS there are witnesses to check and rabbit-holes to pursue. What about THAT do you NOT understand.

All the Auburn thing does is show you comparing our raisins to your oranges. It's silly. I'm more frustrated that to get information, and to get updates, I have to read through your repetative ignorance.

This is going to suck for you, because I'm simply going to keep pointing out the ONE simple FACT, that it's not over in Hoover. No MATTER WHAT you say about Mobile. You can tell me that the NCAA is pitching tents in Auburn right now, but we have links to your issues, you don't. So, therefore this NO reason to let you keep taking it into different territories about Auburn.

Is the Hoover situation OVER RWS? Yes, or No?

Was there a phone call from the Alabama athletic department to Hoover that resulted in a grade being changed for a player?

Was there a phone call from the Auburn athletic department to Mobile that resulted in a grade being changed for a player?

The Hoover pipeline is about to be exposed any day now.

Was there a phone call from the Alabama athletic department to Hoover that resulted in a grade being changed for a player?

Was there a phone call from the Auburn athletic department to Mobile that resulted in a grade being changed for a player?

yes, there was a phone call. but as the report states (page 7), there is no suggestion that Steele asked for the grade to be changed. the call was because Chapman wasn't considered at risk so, are you telling me that you are only going to believe certain parts of the Hoover report, and then ignore the parts you don't like, then fill in some blanks wherever you see fit? there were 19 different teachers that asked for grades to be rounded for 36 students because of what was believed to be an issue with a computer program.

nobody knows if there was a call from AU to Mobile, and i'm not going to honestly imply that there was one made. i'm just saying there is no way of knowing whether there was one or not.

In the case of a player from B.C. Rain High School, school officials could not even determine how the changes were made, much less explain why someone altered the player's transcript.

Superintendent Dodge said the principal at Williamson High School changed a player's grades on behalf of a teacher who left the school. Back in June, Principal Terrance Mixon wrote a letter to the NCAA Clearinghouse, which determines whether high school athletes are eligible to play college sports, saying the changes were made "in error."

see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

like i said earlier, if there is something then let the NCAA handle it. if we did something wrong, then wrong is wrong and we should be penalized. but pardon me if i don't jump off of a building over a whole bunch of speculation by AU fans wanting to bury us.

It's amazing how a bama fan will take this subject and try to splice it into 15 unrelated topics. The easiest way is to try and mingle it with an Auburn non-situation in Mobile.

There are a few simple things still to be figured out that COULD still bring Alabama into the mix, whether they wanted to or not.

One, it's been made clear that even though it should be dealt with now, Probst is being allowed to finish the season. Till then, irregularities will not come to an investigation on that front until Hoover finally bites the dust in the football season. That in itself, the fact it was even suggested shows the f'd up nature of the leadership on that particular schoolboard. It's a win at all costs environment, and when the people doing the investigation allow this idiot to continue the season, instead of put him on administrative leave without pay is beyond only shows the type of people we're dealing with here.

Two, part of the investigation into Probst deals with the way Probst's athletes were treated, and how GRADES were allegedly changed to keep them eligible for football at Hoover. IF that is the case, the report that states the grade that was changed in the system was an error, might not be quite so clear cut. If there are issues that show that Probst, or ANYONE associated with the University of Alabama knew of, participated in, accepted it "anyway", ANYTHING, then Alabama's going to have another "issue" on it's hands.

It's NOT so far fetched for Auburn fans to feel the way they do. The report released on the 13th is ANYTHING BUT conclusive. So, defend what you want Alabama fans, but the reasoning behind all your rebuttals should involve substance to the subject at hand, not full of bologna out of Mobile. They are NOT related, not comparable and anyone with a reading comprehension past 2nd grade knows it.

So, my advice to Auburn fans, just the same as it is to Alabama fans... Don't allow this subject matter to morph into unrelated crap that Alabama fans so want it to become. This is about an Alabama booster saturated pipe-line high school "making it happen" for certain athletes, and that doesn't fly. Let's just see where the chain of evidence takes it.

The latest from al.com

Erin Stock

Very simply...

First:

Second:

hey BUCKWHEAT, read the report. It says it's not complete. It SAYS there are witnesses to check and rabbit-holes to pursue. What about THAT do you NOT understand.

All the Auburn thing does is show you comparing our raisins to your oranges. It's silly. I'm more frustrated that to get information, and to get updates, I have to read through your repetative ignorance.

This is going to suck for you, because I'm simply going to keep pointing out the ONE simple FACT, that it's not over in Hoover. No MATTER WHAT you say about Mobile. You can tell me that the NCAA is pitching tents in Auburn right now, but we have links to your issues, you don't. So, therefore this NO reason to let you keep taking it into different territories about Auburn.

and it also says in the report that they are not implicating that UA had anything to do with the grade changes. so, are you just going to pick and choose which parts of the report you want to accept as fact and then just fill in the blanks in whatever way works best to your argument?

see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

like i said earlier, if there is something then let the NCAA handle it. if we did something wrong, then wrong is wrong and we should be penalized. but pardon me if i don't jump off of a building over a whole bunch of speculation by AU fans wanting to bury us.

No, you'll just stay on here 24/7 defending it and rehashing and rehashing and rehashing and rehashing and rehashing it all like an F'n crazy person.

The latest from al.com

Erin Stock

Very simply...

First:

Second:

and it also says in the report that they are not implicating that UA had anything to do with the grade changes. so, are you just going to pick and choose which parts of the report you want to accept as fact and then just fill in the blanks in whatever way works best to your argument?

Is it over RWS? Yes, or No?

Yeah, any day now. Is this the same pipeline that sent a player to AU this year? Or is it a different pipeline?

What I think is AWESOME, is that you guys are beyond giddy about a guy losing his job today. A guy who was head coach at a school that gave Alabama High School athletics NATIONAL recognition. A coach who worked hard to make the MTV thing happen...which resulted in people outside this state being able to see that we aren't a bunch of walking stereotypes down here.

Yeah, he lost his job. Let's have a parade.

You guys hate Alabama SOOOO much, that you don't care about someone getting fired. You are so able to remove yourselves from the human element, that you are willing for a guy to lose his job...just so you can get your rocks off in regards to hating Alabama. The funny thing is, him getting fired doesn't hurt Alabama as much as you guys think it will.

And judging from how this year's in state recruiting is going, it's not like we needed his help anyway.

Hope you guys are happy. Hope Hoover's name being dragged through the mud made you all happy. Hope you guys feel good that the ONLY positive exposure in regards to High School for the state of Alabama just had it's name ran through the dirt.

Because at the end of the day, it's not about a program that gets athletes into college. It's not about Sports Freaking Illustrated naming Hoover the #1 High School athletics program in the NATION...it's not about having someone outside of this state seeing a POSITIVE representation of Alabama.

It's about hating the Universiyt of Alabama. And you people are so bitter about a school that sends a lot of kids to Alabama, that you are more than happy to see all the good things about it burn...just so maybe one or two fewer kids go to UA.

Congrats.

Let's just see where the chain of evidence takes it.

that is the most intelligent thing you have ever had to say on this matter. that has kind of been my point all along by spouting conspiracy theories about Mobile, but i guess it is fun for everyone to just make up whatever they want and change it into something that makes them feel warm and fuzzy. so far the evidence that we know shows UA and AU had nothing to do with their respective situations. if other evidence comes to light, then so be it and we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Yeah, any day now. Is this the same pipeline that sent a player to AU this year? Or is it a different pipeline?

Just to clarify, Ryan Pugh only played at Hoover for the very end of his high school career.

What I think is AWESOME, is that you guys are beyond giddy about a guy losing his job today. A guy who was head coach at a school that gave Alabama High School athletics NATIONAL recognition. A coach who worked hard to make the MTV thing happen...which resulted in people outside this state being able to see that we aren't a bunch of walking stereotypes down here.

Yeah, he lost his job. Let's have a parade.

You guys hate Alabama SOOOO much, that you don't care about someone getting fired. You are so able to remove yourselves from the human element, that you are willing for a guy to lose his job...just so you can get your rocks off in regards to hating Alabama. The funny thing is, him getting fired doesn't hurt Alabama as much as you guys think it will.

And judging from how this year's in state recruiting is going, it's not like we needed his help anyway.

Hope you guys are happy. Hope Hoover's name being dragged through the mud made you all happy. Hope you guys feel good that the ONLY positive exposure in regards to High School for the state of Alabama just had it's name ran through the dirt.

Because at the end of the day, it's not about a program that gets athletes into college. It's not about Sports Freaking Illustrated naming Hoover the #1 High School athletics program in the NATION...it's not about having someone outside of this state seeing a POSITIVE representation of Alabama.

It's about hating the Universiyt of Alabama. And you people are so bitter about a school that sends a lot of kids to Alabama, that you are more than happy to see all the good things about it burn...just so maybe one or two fewer kids go to UA.

Congrats.

Okay, so after alllllll that whining about us here on the Auburn board being Aub's again...

Is the Hoover situation OVER? Yes, or No?

Let's just see where the chain of evidence takes it.

that is the most intelligent thing you have ever had to say on this matter. that has kind of been my point all along by spouting conspiracy theories about Mobile, but i guess it is fun for everyone to just make up whatever they want and change it into something that makes them feel warm and fuzzy. so far the evidence that we know shows UA and AU had nothing to do with their respective situations. if other evidence comes to light, then so be it and we will cross that bridge when we get there.

So is the situation at Hoover Over? Yes, or No?

IF No...then is it okay if Auburn fans take it how they take it? Or should we just expect you to keep showing up and bitching about it because you're not "jumping off of a building over a whole bunch of speculation by AU fans wanting to bury us."???????

Archived