Firerushpropst.com

WarTim

Let's just see where the chain of evidence takes it.

that is the most intelligent thing you have ever had to say on this matter. that has kind of been my point all along by spouting conspiracy theories about Mobile, but i guess it is fun for everyone to just make up whatever they want and change it into something that makes them feel warm and fuzzy. so far the evidence that we know shows UA and AU had nothing to do with their respective situations. if other evidence comes to light, then so be it and we will cross that bridge when we get there.

So is the situation at Hoover Over? Yes, or No?

IF No...then is it okay if Auburn fans take it how they take it? Or should we just expect you to keep showing up and bitching about it because you're not "jumping off of a building over a whole bunch of speculation by AU fans wanting to bury us."???????

what do you mean by over? do i think there could be a few more personnel changes? maybe, who knows. do i think there is going to be something groundbreaking that nails UA to a wall? no, but who knows.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the Hoover situation OVER? Yes, or No?

No, it's not over. I hear we are probably going to go on probation for it in the year 2087. I think you should wait with baited breath for it to happen.

And if you go back and read the report, it says

Accordingly, we have not interviewed every possible witness nor reviewed every available document and email, where we believed that was not needed to ascertain the facts. Nor have we “chased every rabbit”

that persons may have suggested as potential areas for inquiry.

Where does that say they are chasing more rabbits, and doing more investigation?

It doesn't. Door is closed. Stop grasping at straws. You guys spent 2 months telling us how this report was going to be the end to UA football. Now that it implicates us NONE...you want to take the fact that they didn't interview all 5 million residents of the state of Alabama as some insight that they are holding this trump card for the perfect time to nail bama.

You are wrong.

I'm still looking for the spilled beans.

what do you mean by over? do i think there could be a few more personnel changes? maybe, who knows. do i think there is going to be something groundbreaking that nails UA to a wall? no, but who knows.

Then fine. I don't believe it's over either.

Now then, now that we have THAT settled. Is it OKAY if us Aubs just want to believe what we want to believe without you jumping off a building and rehashing why we're all stupid over and over again?

Seriously...if you think about that for just a second, you'll see why I popped out of nowhere tonight....

No, it's not over. I hear we are probably going to go on probation for it in the year 2087. I think you should wait with baited breath for it to happen.

As far as you BG, you must have had a long night of beer and Halo 3. You're a little cranky, sad and silly tonight. Go to bed or something.

Totally agree with you Chopper. BG, that post was awful and is indicative of the win at all costs attitude of the majority of Bama fans. Look what Probst did for Hoover and Alabama H.S. athletics??? What, have grades changed and have his affairs outside his marriage become public????

Let's see...Wimp, Dubose, Price....

Yeah, I guess I see your point.

Now then, now that we have THAT settled. Is it OKAY if us Aubs just want to believe what we want to believe without you jumping off a building and rehashing why we're all stupid over and over again?

Sure, is it OKAY for us to think that Auburn is going to get put on probation for what happened in Mobile. Even though it's OBVIOUS to everyone here that Auburn did nothing wrong?

As far as you BG, you must have had a long night of beer and Halo 3. You're a little cranky, sad and silly tonight. Go to bed or something.

I don't play Halo. I think it sucks actually. Though I don't think one having a propensity for playing Halo automatically qualifies them for a "I have no life" card.

Totally agree with you Chopper. BG, that post was awful and is indicative of the win at all costs attitude of the majority of Bama fans. Look what Probst did for Hoover and Alabama H.S. athletics??? What, have grades changed and have his affairs outside his marriage become public????

So you think having an affair is a fireable offense?

The Hoover pipeline is about to be exposed any day now.

Yeah, any day now. Is this the same pipeline that sent a player to AU this year? Or is it a different pipeline?

What I think is AWESOME, is that you guys are beyond giddy about a guy losing his job today. A guy who was head coach at a school that gave Alabama High School athletics NATIONAL recognition. A coach who worked hard to make the MTV thing happen...which resulted in people outside this state being able to see that we aren't a bunch of walking stereotypes down here.

Yeah, he lost his job. Let's have a parade.

You guys hate Alabama SOOOO much, that you don't care about someone getting fired. You are so able to remove yourselves from the human element, that you are willing for a guy to lose his job...just so you can get your rocks off in regards to hating Alabama. The funny thing is, him getting fired doesn't hurt Alabama as much as you guys think it will.

And judging from how this year's in state recruiting is going, it's not like we needed his help anyway.

Hope you guys are happy. Hope Hoover's name being dragged through the mud made you all happy. Hope you guys feel good that the ONLY positive exposure in regards to High School for the state of Alabama just had it's name ran through the dirt.

Because at the end of the day, it's not about a program that gets athletes into college. It's not about Sports Freaking Illustrated naming Hoover the #1 High School athletics program in the NATION...it's not about having someone outside of this state seeing a POSITIVE representation of Alabama.

It's about hating the Universiyt of Alabama. And you people are so bitter about a school that sends a lot of kids to Alabama, that you are more than happy to see all the good things about it burn...just so maybe one or two fewer kids go to UA.

Congrats.

please spare us your sanctimonious, holier than thou attitude.

Let's see, changing grades to keep players eligible, and having affairs are positives to high school football in the state?? Wow, what standard those are. Must be from a uat handbook on standards. Seems to me from reading the info i've read, that he lost his job because of his conduct both as a coach and outside the office (kind of like that coach uat had that never coached a game) If that's the case, then he got what he deserved and it probably should have happened a long time ago. He seems like a win at all costs kinda guy and perhaps that's why he fit in with the uat system so well and why you are adamantly defending him here. uat may have just lost their primary pipeline for players and it digs a deeper hole than any uat fan is willing to admit.

Then fine. I don't believe it's over either.

Seriously...if you think about that for just a second, you'll see why I popped out of nowhere tonight....

dunno, is it OKAY if us Bama fans just want to believe what we want to believe without you rehashing why we're all stupid over and over again? btw, you didn't answer my question.

Let's see, changing grades to keep players eligible, and having affairs are positives to high school football in the state?? Wow, what standard those are. Must be from a uat handbook on standards. Seems to me from reading the info i've read, that he lost his job because of his conduct both as a coach and outside the office (kind of like that coach uat had that never coached a game) If that's the case, then he got what he deserved and it probably should have happened a long time ago. He seems like a win at all costs kinda guy and perhaps that's why he fit in with the uat system so well and why you are adamantly defending him here. uat may have just lost their primary pipeline for players and it digs a deeper hole than any uat fan is willing to admit.

Please spare me yet another one of your posts riddled with inaccuracies.

First of all, Hoover doesn't send NEARLY as many players to Alabama as they do UAB, Troy, etc. Secondly, other than JPW (who had stellar academic standing), I don't know of many Hoover players who have made an impact at Bama. So to say it will dig us in a hole is a joke.

Finally, having an affair is NOT a fireable offense. It's morally unsound, but not fireable. I'll bet you there are a LOT of people here who have had affairs. How many of you who have had an affair think you should struggle through that...and lose your job for it? Since when is his infidelity any of my business? I'd just like to say, it's a good thing all of our employment isn't contingent upon disclosing our discressions. Most of us would be unemployed.

Grade changes? You mean the 1 point change that could, or could not have been, human error? Wow. Yeah. Talk about holier than thou. If you don't think MINOR grade changes happen at every school in the country, you are kidding yourselves.

The thing is, you guys aren't happy because you are crusaders for righting the ship in high school athletics. You guys were PEEING YOUR PANTS WITH JOY, from day one. Because in your minds, Hoover is UA High. And you think it gave us a black eye by proxy. It had nothing to do with anything else and you know it.

You guys always hated Hoover because you thought Rush was a Bama guy. You hated Two a Days because JPW was on there. You hated their football team because they sent a few guys to Bama.

So when time came for them to burn, you loved it.

Is the Hoover situation OVER? Yes, or No?

And if you go back and read the report, it says

Accordingly, we have not interviewed every possible witness nor reviewed every available document and email, where we believed that was not needed to ascertain the facts. Nor have we “chased every rabbitâ€Â

that persons may have suggested as potential areas for inquiry.

Where does that say they are chasing more rabbits, and doing more investigation?

It doesn't. Door is closed. Stop grasping at straws. You guys spent 2 months telling us how this report was going to be the end to UA football. Now that it implicates us NONE...you want to take the fact that they didn't interview all 5 million residents of the state of Alabama as some insight that they are holding this trump card for the perfect time to nail bama.

You are wrong.

It's not over...Check this out...just out TONITE on USATODAY.com

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/footb...30-hoover_N.htm

It's clear that there is still much to be discussed and investigated, and I don't think there is ANYONE here, or anyone that didn't WANT the report to be a "end-all" report, that takes it as such.

So....keep pumpin' it BG.

Sure, is it OKAY for us to think that Auburn is going to get put on probation for what happened in Mobile. Even though it's OBVIOUS to everyone here that Auburn did nothing wrong?

I don't play Halo. I think it sucks actually. Though I don't think one having a propensity for playing Halo automatically qualifies them for a "I have no life" card.

So you think having an affair is a fireable offense?

Yes Yes and Yes. Especially for someone who takes on the responsibility of leading young men. Sorry, but Dubose should have been fired, but Bama had a great season coming up. Didn't take long to can him when that preseason #3 didn't quite pan out.

Is having an affair a fireable offense? For the painter at a body shop...no. For the guy who is in the public eye and teaches and leads young men or women every day..YES!

It's not over...Check this out...just out TONITE on USATODAY.com

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/preps/footb...30-hoover_N.htm

It's clear that there is still much to be discussed and investigated, and I don't think there is ANYONE here, or anyone that didn't WANT the report to be a "end-all" report, that takes it as such.

So....keep pumpin' it BG.

What? Did you read the same article I read? Where did it say there was more investigating to be done? Where did it talk about ANYTHING but Rush? It was a story about him stepping down. BFD.

As far as the other discussion, I just have to ask...how many of you here would be throwing a party and dancing a jig if Dillard High School went through the same thing?

Because after all, your elation has nothing to do with football. It only has to do with your DEEP DEEP concern for righting all wrongs with High School Athletics.

Yes Yes and Yes. Especially for someone who takes on the responsibility of leading young men. Sorry, but Dubose should have been fired, but Bama had a great season coming up. Didn't take long to can him when that preseason #3 didn't quite pan out.

Is having an affair a fireable offense? For the painter at a body shop...no. For the guy who is in the public eye and teaches and leads young men or women every day..YES!

So I suspect you won't rest until every teacher who's ever had an affair is fired.

Why is someone who leads young men supposed to be fired for an affair? It's a morality issue. Not an employment issue. Should parents have their children taken from them if they slip up and have an affair?

If this is just US, then why in the hell does this all keep popping up nationally about your news, and "our Mobile situation" hasn't made it out of Mobile?

I love how you pulled the "everybody does it" card about the grade change again.

If this is just US, then why in the hell does this all keep popping up nationally about your news, and "our Mobile situation" hasn't made it out of Mobile?

I love how you pulled the "everybody does it" card about the grade change again.

Were the schools in Mobile nationally recognized BEFORE the grade changing? Hoover was.

Hoover high was the most well known high school in the country for 2 years.

Last spring, then-Hoover athletics director Jerry Browning raised concerns that football players were receiving preferential academic treatment.

That led to a 68-page report by retired federal judge Sam Pointer Jr., that was made public earlier this month. Among the findings:

• Football players' grades were changed without their teachers' knowledge.

• Athletes received special treatment, such as multiple retests not afforded other students.

• Propst and former principal Richard Bishop had delayed reporting infractions to the Alabama High School Athletics Association.

The report also raised questions about various benefits Propst received beyond his roughly $100,000 salary.

Why do they keep talking like it was more than just the single one grade "error"???? Sounds like USA reads more into it to. Maybe there's an Aub behind it. Check that out for us BG.

GradeSSS, retestSSSS, AthleteSSSSSS hmmm.....

Hoover, already nationally known because of its football success, gained greater attention the past two years when MTV filmed its reality program, Two-A-Days, following the school's football team during the 2005 and 2006 seasons. Frazier said she had the deciding yes vote to allow MTV access to the football team but now feels that was a mistake.

"I feel like Coach Propst has stabbed me in the back," she said. "I would think, given an opportunity like that, you would do everything in your power not to embarrass the team or the school."

More known because of MTV. Give me a break.

From the line leading into all that.

That led to a 68-page report by retired federal judge Sam Pointer Jr., that was made public earlier this month. Among the findings:

Everything they reported on came from the report. The report that came out 3 weeks ago. The report that didn't implicate Alabama. There's nothing new there.

It doesn't matter HOW they were known. They were the most popular high school in the nation. You tried to say that because it's a story now when they get in trouble...and it wasn't a story when the Mobile school got in trouble...was because of some grand crap that is going on at Hoover. And you are wrong. It's national news because Hoover was nationally known.

You're making no sense BG. That spin was worse than your original post. There are morals clauses in virtually every employees' contract where they are in the public eye and/or responsible for the teaching or care of minors. YES, they should be fired if it becomes public knowledge and folks are talking about it. I have a friend here locally that just went through it. Teaches junior high. Screwed up and cheated on his wife and it became very public.

Fired, on the spot. Part of his contract.

Sorry, but you cheat on your spouse and the consequences can go far beyond your home in many cases. Probst should be fired on that basis alone. I don't care how liberal or forgiving this country has become. If you cheat on your spouse, you pay the price.

From the line leading into all that.

Everything they reported on came from the report. The report that came out 3 weeks ago. The report that didn't implicate Alabama. There's nothing new there.

It doesn't matter HOW they were known. They were the most popular high school in the nation. You tried to say that because it's a story now when they get in trouble...and it wasn't a story when the Mobile school got in trouble...was because of some grand crap that is going on at Hoover. And you are wrong. It's national news because Hoover was nationally known.

You keep saying it's over though BG? "Door is closed".

The reason Mobile hasn't been reported as related to Auburn, is because there hasn't been anything to report. If there was, being a major program, it would have been mentioned.

All we've said in this thread, while you agree with it or not, is that it's NOT over. Who KNOWS what will happen with it, but for you guys to come on here and act like we shouldn't come to that conclusion or talk about it is stupid. Period.

The fact is, we've got plenty to show that IT'S NOT OVER.

So again, to my question:

If someone has children of their own, and cheats on their spouse, should the children be taken away from them?

To the point of "liberal or forgiving"...I didn't say there weren't morality concerns. I said there were employment concerns. And I think if we are going to hold people to that standard, then we should all be held to that standard.

What Rush did away from school in his private life is not yours or my business.

The fact is, we've got plenty to show that IT'S NOT OVER.

And I have a 68 page report that says it is.

Please spare me yet another one of your posts riddled with inaccuracies.

inaccuracies?? where?? were grades not changed? did an affair not take place??

Finally, having an affair is NOT a fireable offense. It's morally unsound, but not fireable. I'll bet you there are a LOT of people here who have had affairs. How many of you who have had an affair think you should struggle through that...and lose your job for it? Since when is his infidelity any of my business? I'd just like to say, it's a good thing all of our employment isn't contingent upon disclosing our discressions. Most of us would be unemployed.

Oh really?? explain to us then why Mike price was fired at uat before ever coaching a game?? We know he was at a strip club, but only he and destiny knows if there was anything more to that.... So, enlighten us as to why uat fired him?? spin on this should be good....

Grade changes? You mean the 1 point change that could, or could not have been, human error? Wow. Yeah. Talk about holier than thou. If you don't think MINOR grade changes happen at every school in the country, you are kidding yourselves.

no i mean the MULTIPLE grade changes that are mentioned in the report to keep MULTIPLE kids eligible...

You guys always hated Hoover because you thought Rush was a Bama guy. You hated Two a Days because JPW was on there. You hated their football team because they sent a few guys to Bama.

So when time came for them to burn, you loved it.

I haven't always hated hoover, i really couldn't care less. Never heard anything about hoover until i moved to the state. never saw this two a days thing you speak of and have no idea what it even is. nor do i care.

So you're just going to ignore what he said then BG...right? Did you miss the "public" or "minors" parts of his point, or are you just so hellbent on being "right in your own mind" that you can't NOT argue about it?

Seriously...

So you're just going to ignore what he said then BG...right? Did you miss the "public" or "minors" parts of his point, or are you just so hellbent on being "right in your own mind" that you can't NOT argue about it?

Seriously...

Sorry, I didn't realize I had to post IMMEDIATELY after every post that addressed me.

inaccuracies?? where?? were grades not changed? did an affair not take place??

Your inaccuracy was pointed out in my rebuttal. Go back and read what I wrote about the "Hoover pipeline"

Oh really?? explain to us then why Mike price was fired at uat before ever coaching a game?? We know he was at a strip club, but only he and destiny knows if there was anything more to that.... So, enlighten us as to why uat fired him?? spin on this should be good....

It started with the 3 separate warnings he got PRIOR to that incident. Two of which involved boosters daughters and public intoxication. It also involved paying for the services of a prostitute named Destiny. You don't have to believe he paid her for sex. But then again, we don't know they HAD sex either.

no i mean the MULTIPLE grade changes that are mentioned in the report to keep MULTIPLE kids eligible...

Yep. You got it. Chapman got his grade rounded up a point. And you are happy, not sad, that something GOOD for this state is burning down for it.

I haven't always hated hoover, i really couldn't care less. Never heard anything about hoover until i moved to the state. never saw this two a days thing you speak of and have no idea what it even is. nor do i care.

You also don't speak for everyone here. Read the subtitle of this thread. You'll see what I'm talking about. Read some of David's posts as this thing unraveled. The tone that permeates these posts is not one of "oh I'm sad for our public school system"...it's "oh I'm so happy Bammer is getting burned by Hoover proxy"

And I have a 68 page report that says it is.

Guess you didn't read the paragraph I posted earlier...DIRECTLY from the report.

If your report burns Alabama, why are you the only one talking about it? Why isn't the national media all over an Alabama implication? Why isn't the NCAA? Or the state media?

Again, you can talk about it all you want. Say we gave em all cars. Say we paid the entire Hoover board hush money. But it doesn't make it true. And again, why was this report not the "great revelation" as it was billed to be 2 months ago?

Because there's nothing there. You just want something to be there. And in spite of a report that doesn't incriminate us, and didn't promote USA Today or Sports Illustrated to run with it implicating us in some cheating role...you think there's something there.

Keep thinkin it. Go nuts. But excuse me if I think it's a waste of time.

Archived