So let me get this straight...

BamaGrad03

Louisiana's high school talent is taking a definite downslide. They don't have a five star in-state for 2008 and will be forced to ship several of their four stars west to Tuscaloosa.

gotta explain this to me... how will they be "forced"? uat the highest bidder again ala memphis? 2nd) how is louisiana going to ship kids WEST and end up in tuscaloser? or did you mean texas? Geography not your strong point? :poke:

What a screw-up on my part. East! Thanks for pointing that out.

The "forced" comment will be due to their inability to convince recruits to play for the in-state school.

:big: i'm here all week. :lol:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just think....If UAT had kept Shula and hired Major Appleseed as the OC, they would have won Sat. nite!!

The 2005 game was much closer than the 2007 game...against a future #1 draft pick yet!

Bama made some good plays and some bad. LSU did the same. 20 yards rushing (with 23 of that coming on SJPW's scramble on the last drive) won't win many games. This was the same as AU's 1994 game vs. LSU. Terry Bowden was a good enough coach to seize the opportunity!! :lol:

Just think....If UAT had kept Shula and hired Major Appleseed as the OC, they would have won Sat. nite!!

The 2005 game was much closer than the 2007 game...against a future #1 draft pick yet!

Bama made some good plays and some bad. LSU did the same. 20 yards rushing (with 23 of that coming on SJPW's scramble on the last drive) won't win many games. This was the same as AU's 1994 game vs. LSU. Terry Bowden was a good enough coach to seize the opportunity!! :lol:

We got sacked 7 times. That's where the rushing yardage came from. JP had about 25 yards rushing. Lowe had 31 and Grant had 23.

What stellar numbers for an SEC "team". You must be proud.

i always hated that about stats in CFB. Why not create a separate stat that covers sacks instead of lumping them in with rushing yards? I know since he never threw it its technically a running play, but it shouldn't be counted that way, IMO. Just like taking a teams total points in the game and counting them as scoring offense statistics when there was a fumble/int/punt/KO returned for a TD. It just gives a false representation.

What stellar numbers for an SEC "team". You must be proud.

AU's 2.8 yards per carry against LSU wasn't anything to write home about.

i always hated that about stats in CFB. Why not create a separate stat that covers sacks instead of lumping them in with rushing yards? I know since he never threw it its technically a running play, but it shouldn't be counted that way, IMO. Just like taking a teams total points in the game and counting them as scoring offense statistics when there was a fumble/int/punt/KO returned for a TD. It just gives a false representation.

100% agreed.

AU's 2.8 yards per carry against LSU wasn't anything to write home about.

Removing the sacks, Auburn rushed 33 times for 106 yds, a 3.2 ypc average.

Alabama, removing the sacks, rushed 26 times for 73 yds. That's a 2.8 ypc.

100% agreed.

I also agree. The pros take sack yardage lost off the team passing yards, which makes more sense. The play was intended to be a pass, not a run.

Archived