So let me get this straight...

BamaGrad03

All week I heard how LSU was going to KILL us. Now that the game came down to the last play we learned some things:

-Alabama sucks and LSU gave us a ton of breaks

(Yet when Lafell catches the ball, then throws it in the air to an Auburn DB, that's not a break. When Ryan Perrilloux is running, and hands AU a touchdown...that's just darn good defense)

-The refs are the only reason Bama was in the game

(Yet LSU is the MOST penalized team in the SEC. 5 reversals went against us. And LSU didn't even get called on anything questionable...EXCEPT maybe the false start. But the right guard OBVIOUSLY moved in a jerking motion before the shift)

-Alabama didn't earn the 34 points they got. Javier Arenas ran that TD back because LSU wanted him to score to make it more fun. Keith Brown didn't make two spectacular catches because he's good, it's because LSU was just thinking about something else. We didn't earn our 3 picks. Zeke didn't make an AMAZING catch for a pick. And Matt Caddell's catch didn't matter. It never happened...except no one here can show from looking at the replays that the ball hit the ground.

Bottom line, you guys are having to go back on what you said earlier...just like our probation stuff. At first we were gonna get drilled. But now that it was a close game... ALABAMA didn't do anything good. It was LSU doing everything bad.

The irony is, this sort of mindset is what you accuse UA fans of. Yet you don't see it in yourself.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said little or nothing prior to this game so I'm not going to address those points. I'll just say you guys played them off their feet and should have won the game. I also thought Major Asswipe did a great job calling plays. LSU is very beatable if you mix it up. Bama did yesterday and could have/should have won the game. UK did and did win the game. Auburn did, then shut it down for a quarter and a half and it cost them the game.

So let me get this straight...... if LSU doesn't turn the ball over so much, you actually think you would have been in the game? Ok.

I was definitely surprised. However, it wasn't that Bama was in the game that surprised me - it was that they didn't pack it in after being down 17-3.

Bottomline is that Bama got a hell of a lot more breaks than we did. On the other hand, so did LSU - as they've gotten all damn year. It's hard to judge from that game whether or not Alabama played that well or if they got lucky. The statistics that really grab my attention are Wilson's 14-40 and Bama's 20 yards rushing total. That's honestly very pathetic and I think you know that. For Bama to stay in that game says a lot about their character, but there also must be a little luck involved.

Before the game I figured Alabama would win. I expected Miles to do something stupid trying to show who had the bigger cajones and cost his team the game. He did. And Alabama still didn't win.

Not only that, but Matt Flynn played like he'd never seen a football before. And Alabama still didn't win.

Not only that, but the referees had to ice their respective shoulders after throwing so many flags on LSU. And Alabama still didn't win.

LSU did everything it could to hand you guys the game. And you still didn't win.

That was the worst LSU performance I've seen in three years. It confirmed in my mind that Les Miles is no coach, he's just blessed with a great deal of locally grown talent -- and those things are cyclical. The state of Louisiana won't continue to produce that much D1 ability and this is his last best chance to make a fat contract. Miles may well be the worst coach in the US.

BG, I've seen the "drop back and sling it as far as you can" offense before. I think a guy named Brodie used to run it. It wasn't successful then and it's not going to get it done now.

Galen hit the nail on the head about Miles is not a great coach but just blessed with talent. Bama should have won that game, but If Shula would have been coach you would have never even got back in the game from the 17-3. Saban knows how to coach and he had a Bama team that is not all that talented playing on a top level last night.

So let me get this straight...... if LSU doesn't turn the ball over so much, you actually think you would have been in the game? Ok.

So we didn't earn our turnovers, but LSU earned the JPW pick and fumble?

Stupid comment. If Perrilloux doesn't fumble, and Lafell doesn't decide to hand AU the ball, are you in the game?

Bottom line, players still have to make the plays. Johnson's INT was a great read and a great catch. Zeke's INT was even more impressive. Keith's TDs were excellent plays. To take that away from them and suggest that it was just handed to them is a joke.

Not only that, but Matt Flynn played like he'd never seen a football before. And Alabama still didn't win.

Why is that? Because of all the impressive throws down field? The 350 yards passing? The running game he brought to the table? Or are you just trying to pooh pooh away the fact that we went out and got those INTs?

Not only that, but the referees had to ice their respective shoulders after throwing so many flags on LSU. And Alabama still didn't win.

Are you suggesting they didn't commit the fouls for which they were flagged? What about Caddell's catch? (I'm sure you'll say it wasn't a catch since you never see it the way everyone else in the world sees it)

BG, I've seen the "drop back and sling it as far as you can" offense before. I think a guy named Brodie used to run it. It wasn't successful then and it's not going to get it done now.

We put up 34 points last night.

All week I heard how LSU was going to KILL us. Now that the game came down to the last play we learned some things:

(Yet when Lafell catches the ball, then throws it in the air to an Auburn DB, that's not a break. When Ryan Perrilloux is running, and hands AU a touchdown...that's just darn good defense)

(Yet LSU is the MOST penalized team in the SEC. 5 reversals went against us. And LSU didn't even get called on anything questionable...EXCEPT maybe the false start. But the right guard OBVIOUSLY moved in a jerking motion before the shift)

-Alabama didn't earn the 34 points they got. Javier Arenas ran that TD back because LSU wanted him to score to make it more fun. Keith Brown didn't make two spectacular catches because he's good, it's because LSU was just thinking about something else. We didn't earn our 3 picks. Zeke didn't make an AMAZING catch for a pick. And Matt Caddell's catch didn't matter. It never happened...except no one here can show from looking at the replays that the ball hit the ground.

Bottom line, you guys are having to go back on what you said earlier...just like our probation stuff. At first we were gonna get drilled. But now that it was a close game... ALABAMA didn't do anything good. It was LSU doing everything bad.

The irony is, this sort of mindset is what you accuse UA fans of. Yet you don't see it in yourself.

I irony of it all, BamaGrad, is that you come on here and expect us to go "Oh my Gosh, we should just lay down and let the streak end because Bama shoulda, coulda, woulda and you guys scored only 24 points, when we scored 35......on, and on, and on, and on".... :blink:

THIS IS AN AUBURN SITE!!!!! If you want the whole world to bow to your reasoning, then go over to the TURD NATION, Tusk and Tit, or what ever, and be welcomed by the rest of Redneck U!!!!

I like you fine, bamaGrad, but come on! Your boys are at home, you have the momentum, and you piss it away like it's last nights keg. Geeesh.

Get ready for the SIX PACK!!!!!!

Alabama went toe to toe with LSU and lost, just like Auburn and Florida. LSU was on the cusp of just blowing the doors off of Bama but penalties and turnovers kept that in check. JPW had a terrible game other than the 3 tds and where was the rushing game? LSU was/is the better team and they came out on top, in their typical come from behind banshee fashion. I thought Caddell caught it but I'm not the replay official, just be lucky that the replay guy pulled the trigger and reviewed the plays. Auburn can't get the sob up their to even think about looking at questionable calls.

Moral victory number 3,467.

Congratulations. You earned it. Every little bit.

as i said in another thread, i don't claim moral victories as this was obviously a loss. however, you have to admit you guys said we would get KILLED because of how your game against them went. and i'm sure you wouldn't have expected us to come back after being down 17-3 and score 28 unanswered points. i'm proud of how my team played, even with losing. i know its not what you want to hear, but if this is what we can do now i'm pretty excited about the future of our program.

which is also 10 more than AU put up against them. so, apparently we're doing something right.

Auburn played LSU in Tiger Stadium at night. LSU is supposed to be unbeatable at night in Tiger Stadium. Bammer played LSU in Tuscaloser. There is no way you can compare those two games.

which is also 10 more than AU put up against them. so, apparently we're doing something right.

Yeah.....and since we gave up 11 less to them, we must be doing something right too......aye?

Moral victory number 3,467.

Congratulations. You earned it. Every little bit.

Nobody here is saying it was a moral victory. I just think it's ironic. After you guys lost to LSU, you made yourself feel better by saying "LSU is gonna kill Bama." So you could keep this idea running that you guys are light years ahead of us in terms of where your program is. And now, when the game is close,(VEEEEEEEEERY close) all of the sudden it's "well LSU played like doo doo and Bama didn't earn anything they got."

Because instead of waiting a few weeks to print up your "fear the ____ finger on the left hand"...you guys are so eager to put that one in the W column right now.

I'll put it this way: Auburn is a better team than Alabama. Our offense is much better than your offense. But your defense is much better than our defense. There's a wider gap between your D and our D...than there is our O and your O. And that's why Auburn SHOULD beat us in a few weeks.

Going into the season I said AU should beat us. But honestly, you have no excuse not to. But none of that means you guys should assume you're gonna kill us in a few weeks. I'd just wait to print up the Tshirts till after the game.

I irony of it all, BamaGrad, is that you come on here and expect us to go "Oh my Gosh, we should just lay down and let the streak end because Bama shoulda, coulda, woulda and you guys scored only 24 points, when we scored 35......on, and on, and on, and on".... :blink:

THIS IS AN AUBURN SITE!!!!! If you want the whole world to bow to your reasoning, then go over to the TURD NATION, Tusk and Tit, or what ever, and be welcomed by the rest of Redneck U!!!!

I like you fine, bamaGrad, but come on! Your boys are at home, you have the momentum, and you piss it away like it's last nights keg. Geeesh.

Get ready for the SIX PACK!!!!!!

uhh.....where in that post does it say, or imply, that he's saying you guys should just lay down and let the streak end? but hey, if you needed to borrow WarTim's "six" security blanket, all you had to do was ask.

Guest Tigrinum Major

as i said in another thread, i don't claim moral victories as this was obviously a loss. however, you have to admit you guys said we would get KILLED because of how your game against them went. and i'm sure you wouldn't have expected us to come back after being down 17-3 and score 28 unanswered points. i'm proud of how my team played, even with losing. i know its not what you want to hear, but if this is what we can do now i'm pretty excited about the future of our program.

Show me some people saying that Alabama would get killed. I must have missed those posts, just like I missed your team scoring 28 straight.

You need to stop running into burning buildings. The smoke is getting to you.

I irony of it all, BamaGrad, is that you come on here and expect us to go "Oh my Gosh, we should just lay down and let the streak end because Bama shoulda, coulda, woulda and you guys scored only 24 points, when we scored 35......on, and on, and on, and on"....

I wasn't saying that at all. I'm sorry that's what you got from my post.

I love how SPUAT Grad 03 constantly seeks approval from Auburn fans on this board. This is a typical SPUAT Grad 03 post on this board, "Please tell me that Bammer has a good team, Please say something nice about Bammer." It would be a cold day in hell before I spent all of my time hanging out on a Bammer message board seeking approval from Bammers like SPUAT Grad 03 does on this board.

You cannot seriously think that was a good game that LSU played, 4 turnovers, 150 yards in penalties (both highs for the year for LSU), and you still cannot win a big game that actually matters at home. You say this post was not about a moral victory, then what was it about? Trying to beat your chest over some Auburn fans saying you would get beat worse than what you did? Ironic that your fans are down to the level of being happy with overcoming the expectations of a blowout and merely getting by with a loss, and a loss which shouldn't of happened considering all the breaks you were given.

Show me some people saying that Alabama would get killed. I must have missed those posts, just like I missed your team scoring 28 straight.

You need to stop running into burning buildings. The smoke is getting to you.

hm, it seems the "UAT will get KILLED by LSU" thread by WarTim has disappeared.

sorry, i was mistaken. 24 unanswered points, not 28. 3 TDs and a FG.

I love how SPUAT Grad 03 constantly seeks approval from Auburn fans on this board. This is a typical SPUAT Grad 03 post on this board, "Please tell me that Bammer has a good team, Please say something nice about Bammer." It would be a cold day in hell before I spent all of my time hanging out on a Bammer message board seeking approval from Bammers like SPUAT Grad 03 does on this board.

whats the difference? the only posts i have ever seen from you are Bama related posts, and you're an AU fan on an AU board.

how predictable. bamagrad is on the auburn forum complaining about our commentary on alabama. i dont think there is a person who reads this forum that didnt expect to see this exact post from you this morning but i have a suggestion for you... IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT READ!!!!!!

How long have you been on this board? have you not figured out that we hate your team and everything that is associated with it. This should come as no surprise to you and i know it sucks that your team cant beat us but i think you could save yourself a lot of frustration by conversing with other bammers living a miserable existence such as yours.

After thinking about it I take my statement back. its just too much fun watching you suffer so PLEASE stick around.

Why is that? Because of all the impressive throws down field? The 350 yards passing? The running game he brought to the table? Or are you just trying to pooh pooh away the fact that we went out and got those INTs?

Are you serious? Props from coming back from behind and playing a close game, but get serious, all three of Flynn's INTs were HORRIFIC throws. You went out and got those INT's? The first pass was under-thrown by about 5 yards and wasn't even near the receiver. Yeah, your DB made a great play on the ball but if Flynn throws that ball properly he never has a shot, period. On the second pass I honestly have no idea what Flynn was even trying to do. Just a TERRIBLE attempt at lobbing a pass over a LBs head. Once again - terribly under-thrown. When you're that close to your own endzone the last thing you try to do is fit a ball over a LBs head (when he has a clear path to the endzone). The third INT was the worst of them all. Flynn was getting hit, wasn't even set, and basically handed the ball to you on a pass attempt that should NEVER have been made. That throw was Jake-Plummer-esque in every sense.

Archived