So let me get this straight...

BamaGrad03

I love how SPUAT Grad 03 constantly seeks approval from Auburn fans on this board. This is a typical SPUAT Grad 03 post on this board, "Please tell me that Bammer has a good team, Please say something nice about Bammer." It would be a cold day in hell before I spent all of my time hanging out on a Bammer message board seeking approval from Bammers like SPUAT Grad 03 does on this board.

whats the difference? the only posts i have ever seen from you are Bama related posts, and you're an AU fan on an AU board.

I am sorry for forgetting about you. You are just as bad as SPUAT Grad 03 when it comes to hanging out on this board and seeking approval from Auburn fans.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hm, it seems the "UAT will get KILLED by LSU" thread by WarTim has disappeared.

sorry, i was mistaken. 24 unanswered points, not 28. 3 TDs and a FG.

ahh yes, that thread has disappeared ? :no:

BG you're fighting a losing battle with these :au::homer: 's , there is now way I would put that much time and effort into it, I just sit back and enjoy it when they put the cycle to full spin :roflol:

Moral victory number 3,467.

Congratulations. You earned it. Every little bit.

And now, when the game is close,(VEEEEEEEEERY close) all of the sudden it's "well LSU played like doo doo and Bama didn't earn anything they got."

The game should not have been close. The fact that it was was more the result of stupidity on LSU's part than it was some magnificent Alabama effort.

Give Auburn, Georgia, Florida and perhaps even South Carolina or Tennessee the same breaks Alabama and LSU loses by a bunch.

Sorry. You guys can wrap yourselves in whatever flag of comfort you want, but what happened is what happened.

as i said in another thread, i don't claim moral victories as this was obviously a loss. however, you have to admit you guys said we would get KILLED because of how your game against them went. and i'm sure you wouldn't have expected us to come back after being down 17-3 and score 28 unanswered points. i'm proud of how my team played, even with losing. i know its not what you want to hear, but if this is what we can do now i'm pretty excited about the future of our program.

You should be proud. That's your school. I know it's a loss, and to tell you the truth, I expected LSU to wipe up the field with Bama. You did much better than I expected.

as i said in another thread, i don't claim moral victories as this was obviously a loss. however, you have to admit you guys said we would get KILLED because of how your game against them went. and i'm sure you wouldn't have expected us to come back after being down 17-3 and score 28 unanswered points. i'm proud of how my team played, even with losing. i know its not what you want to hear, but if this is what we can do now i'm pretty excited about the future of our program.

You should be proud. That's your school. I know it's a loss, and to tell you the truth, I expected LSU to wipe up the field with Bama. You did much better than I expected.

Did they? Or did LSU do much worse?

I think the latter.

you have to admit you guys said we would get KILLED because of how your game against them went.

No. I said nothing of the sort. I defy you to find where I did.

YOU did not say that from what i saw, i will clarify that. many others did. but i bet you thought it ;)

Did they? Or did LSU do much worse?

I think the latter.

of course. we come close to beating the #3 team in the nation and its not in any way, shape, or form because of anythign we did.....its because the other team had NO motivation at all to beat us and wanted to hand us the game. the whole point is to make the other team make mistakes, and capitalize on that. how many times did USF turn the ball over against AU and you guys STILL didn't win? i guess that means USF was just trying to hand you guys the game and had NOTHING to do with AU's defense.

On the second pass I honestly have no idea what Flynn was even trying to do. Just a TERRIBLE attempt at lobbing a pass over a LBs head. Once again - terribly under-thrown.

I will totally agree with you on that one. The first and 3rd INTs I thought were very good athletic plays. But the second INT made no sense. You either take the sack or throw it away. He's got a guy hanging on his legs and he throws into double coverage. Threw it right at the Bama DB.

YOU did not say that from what i saw, i will clarify that. many others did. but i bet you thought it

In all fairness to Galen, he did tell me this week that he thought LSU would lose. Galen has zero faith in big Les.

you have to admit you guys said we would get KILLED because of how your game against them went.

No. I said nothing of the sort. I defy you to find where I did.

YOU did not say that from what i saw, i will clarify that. many others did. but i bet you thought it ;)

I told anyone who would listen that Alabama would probably beat LSU. I fully expected it to happen.

All week I heard how LSU was going to KILL us. Now that the game came down to the last play we learned some things:

-Alabama sucks and LSU gave us a ton of breaks

(Yet when Lafell catches the ball, then throws it in the air to an Auburn DB, that's not a break. When Ryan Perrilloux is running, and hands AU a touchdown...that's just darn good defense)

-The refs are the only reason Bama was in the game

(Yet LSU is the MOST penalized team in the SEC. 5 reversals went against us. And LSU didn't even get called on anything questionable...EXCEPT maybe the false start. But the right guard OBVIOUSLY moved in a jerking motion before the shift)

-Alabama didn't earn the 34 points they got. Javier Arenas ran that TD back because LSU wanted him to score to make it more fun. Keith Brown didn't make two spectacular catches because he's good, it's because LSU was just thinking about something else. We didn't earn our 3 picks. Zeke didn't make an AMAZING catch for a pick.

So you admit it. That's good BG, admitting it to yourself is half the battle.

BG you're fighting a losing battle with these :au::homer: 's , there is now way I would put that much time and effort into it, I just sit back and enjoy it when they put the cycle to full spin :roflol:

If you think you are fighting a losing battle with us Auburn :homer: 's on an AUBURN FORUM (Auburn fans on an Auburn board? That is just absurd!) then why don't you go to a bammer board? Has that idea ever crossed your mind?

BG and any one else reading this. You get only 20 yds rushing and throw for only .350 completion rate against us, the game will be over by the end of the third. Those three ints were huge FOR you, but Flynn had a lot to do with those bad throws.

If you think you are fighting a losing battle with us Auburn :homer: 's on an AUBURN FORUM (Auburn fans on an Auburn board? That is just absurd!) then why don't you go to a bammer board? Has that idea ever crossed your mind?

AMEN!!!!!

All week I heard how LSU was going to KILL us. Now that the game came down to the last play we learned some things:

-Alabama sucks and LSU gave us a ton of breaks

(Yet when Lafell catches the ball, then throws it in the air to an Auburn DB, that's not a break. When Ryan Perrilloux is running, and hands AU a touchdown...that's just darn good defense)

-The refs are the only reason Bama was in the game

(Yet LSU is the MOST penalized team in the SEC. 5 reversals went against us. And LSU didn't even get called on anything questionable...EXCEPT maybe the false start. But the right guard OBVIOUSLY moved in a jerking motion before the shift)

-Alabama didn't earn the 34 points they got. Javier Arenas ran that TD back because LSU wanted him to score to make it more fun. Keith Brown didn't make two spectacular catches because he's good, it's because LSU was just thinking about something else. We didn't earn our 3 picks. Zeke didn't make an AMAZING catch for a pick. And Matt Caddell's catch didn't matter. It never happened...except no one here can show from looking at the replays that the ball hit the ground.

Bottom line, you guys are having to go back on what you said earlier...just like our probation stuff. At first we were gonna get drilled. But now that it was a close game... ALABAMA didn't do anything good. It was LSU doing everything bad.

The irony is, this sort of mindset is what you accuse UA fans of. Yet you don't see it in yourself.

WOW, I guess this is what all of the cool kids are doing now. You know, going on a rival teams message board and acting like little babies. Give me a break BG03, and go to darkpinktusks.com or some crap like that.

:hail::ua: Is this how you would like to be treated on an AUBURN board?

Matt Flynn made some dumb mistakes. There was one int (knight, i believe) that was a good play but it was still a bad pass. It would have hit the TE in the knees if he didn't intercept it. I don't think that LSU is as good as their record. They could have lost to UF, AU, and UAT but somehow came out with improbable wins.

for the UF game it takes a ton of 4th down conversions to beat them.

for the AU game it takes a dumb squib kick and a perfect pass that Peyton Manning wouldn't complete 6 times out of 10

for the UAT game it takes a fumble that didn't need to happen deep in their opponents territory.

I didn't think they would kill you but I thought that they would win but more than a td.

God, I can't wait for the Iron Bowl. Win, lose, or draw I don't care as long as there isn't complaining.

God, I can't wait for the Iron Bowl. Win, lose, or draw I don't care as long as there isn't complaining.

there is always complaining

BG and any one else reading this. You get only 20 yds rushing and throw for only .350 completion rate against us, the game will be over by the end of the third. Those three ints were huge FOR you, but Flynn had a lot to do with those bad throws.

That's what I'm screaming! What other upper eschelon eshelon tier team allows a close game against a team that only gains 20 yards and only completes 35% of passes.

Would it have been close against Florida? Against Georgia? Heck, I think that Arkansas would have won by two touchdowns with those stats.

If you run the ball and tackle (especially on punts), the game is a blowout!

Cox isn't above throwing three interceptions. He's not above throwing three touchdowns, either. Only time will tell.

As for Flynn's picks, you can't just conveniently omit Wilson's two turnovers inside LSU's 15. Without those 14 points, they don't win.

In the end, it's all part of the game. Both Alabama and LSU have to get credit for battling back during the times that both looked out of it. We just don't have the players to beat the nation's elite right now, but we're definitely headed in the right direction. They've got five times the talent, but we've got ten times the coaching and heart. This team is earning a special place in my memory, and that has nothing to do with wins and losses.

Cox isn't above throwing three interceptions. He's not above throwing three touchdowns, either. Only time will tell.

As for Flynn's picks, you can't just conveniently omit Wilson's two turnovers inside LSU's 15. Without those 14 points, they don't win.

In the end, it's all part of the game. Both Alabama and LSU have to get credit for battling back during the times that both looked out of it. We just don't have the players to beat the nation's elite right now, but we're definitely headed in the right direction. They've got five times the talent, but we've got ten times the coaching and heart. This team is earning a special place in my memory, and that has nothing to do with wins and losses.

Most of that post was very good. "Ten times the coaching" is way off. Do you really think your defense would not be better with Pelini in charge? He has produced for a long time now. And if LSU wins the BCS championship this year (which is very likely) then Miles will have equaled Saban's acomplishiments and in just over half the time. But the rest of your post is very good.

Before the game I figured Alabama would win. I expected Miles to do something stupid trying to show who had the bigger cajones and cost his team the game. He did. And Alabama still didn't win.

Not only that, but Matt Flynn played like he'd never seen a football before. And Alabama still didn't win.

Not only that, but the referees had to ice their respective shoulders after throwing so many flags on LSU. And Alabama still didn't win.

LSU did everything it could to hand you guys the game. And you still didn't win.

That was the worst LSU performance I've seen in three years. It confirmed in my mind that Les Miles is no coach, he's just blessed with a great deal of locally grown talent -- and those things are cyclical. The state of Louisiana won't continue to produce that much D1 ability and this is his last best chance to make a fat contract. Miles may well be the worst coach in the US.

BG, I've seen the "drop back and sling it as far as you can" offense before. I think a guy named Brodie used to run it. It wasn't successful then and it's not going to get it done now.

I guess I could attempt to add something to this post, but, why? Galen said it all and is 100% accurate.

Nobody in their right mind can argue any point. That leaves it wide open for the west vancesters and their moral victories.....

Do you really think your defense would not be better with Pelini in charge? He has produced for a long time now.

No. His defense hasn't impressed me this year. Hell, we put up 27 on them yesterday. I thought FSU had a much better D.

Do you really think your defense would not be better with Pelini in charge? He has produced for a long time now.

No. His defense hasn't impressed me this year. Hell, we put up 27 on them yesterday. I thought FSU had a much better D.

I did not ask if you thought LSU's D this year impressed you, I asked if you thought Bama's defense would not benefit from a coordinator who has fielded a lot of championship defenses.

For the record here is how LSU's D ranked nationally going into the Bama game:

Scoring D #5

Rushing D #5

Passing D #4

Passes Defended #4

Opponent 4th down conversions #5

Interceptions #17

Total D #2

I hardly think that Bama's 20 yards rushing, 3.5 yards per play, JPW's 35% completion percentage, 4-17 3rd down effeciency, and 254 total yards will hurt those stats very much.

Archived