Auburn is 3-0 in Athens when......

boddatiger99

.....I attend the game. Yep, been there for 3 battles: 1997 (W, 45-34); 1999 (W, 38-21); 2005 (W, 31-30).

So, I have the opportunity to go again this year. What should I do? (Is the mere mentioning of this fact some kind of voodoo junk?....have I ruined it?....or do I set that aside and go help my fellow Georgians understand why we are called the Auburn Tigers, yet our battle cry is "War Eagle!"....seriously, they just can't wrap their mind around it. So simple.)

War Eagle.

.....I attend the game. Yep, been there for 3 battles: 1997 (W, 45-34); 1999 (W, 38-21); 2005 (W, 31-30).

So, I have the opportunity to go again this year. What should I do? (Is the mere mentioning of this fact some kind of voodoo junk?....have I ruined it?....or do I set that aside and go help my fellow Georgians understand why we are called the Auburn Tigers, yet our battle cry is "War Eagle!"....seriously, they just can't wrap their mind around it. So simple.)

War Eagle.

I say go. It sounds like you are some what of a good luck charm. I can't wait for the game. Let's beat the dawgs

Who cares about luck if you have a chance to go to what will turn out to be a great game you need to go.. nuff said.

If you decide not to go can I have your tickets

Another interesting statistic....Auburn is undefeated in Athens when scoring at least as many points as Georgia.

So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Another interesting statistic....Auburn is undefeated in Athens when scoring at least as many points as Georgia.

is that a caddy shack reference....I think so

Beautiful

If you have to ask.....

Here's the deal - almost anything can be broken down into a reference from either Caddyschack, Animal House, or Blues Brothers. That's all you really need to know to get through life.

War Eagle.

If you get two tickets, give me one. I have made the '93 and '97 games myself...undefeated with the fanatc in da house.

War Eagle.

If you get two tickets, give me one. I have made the '93 and '97 games myself...undefeated with the fanatc in da house.

Me? I've been to 93, 95, 97, 99, 01 and 03 (whoops)

The ones we need to keep out of Jordan-Hare-Sanford Stadium are the ones who only attended the 1991 and 2003 games.

I'm 1-0 attending games @ UGA, but my mojo has long since expired...that was 1989. Some of this year's freshmen were born that year.

Through the 2006 season, the rivalry is tied for the seventh most played college football series at 110 games and is known as being quite even, with Auburn holding a 53-49-8 lead. To further exemplify the equality of the rivals, Georgia leads the cumulative score by only twenty points: 1,685-1,665, or a per-game average of 15.31-15.13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_South's_Oldest_Rivalry

Went to the wikipedia link and noticed an odd little piece of Trivia. In 1900 Auburn defeated Georgia 44-0, which remains the largest margin of victory for either team in this rivalry. The surprising thing about the score is that in 1899 and 1901, the score was 0-0. And furthermore every other year up until 1904 the game was decided by 10 points or less. So what the heck happened in 1900. Anybody know?

Update: I think I have a stomach virus...but it's just Wednesday, no bigee. (I bet it's those Dawg fans I work with. They probably spoiled my food somehow. Now I'm even more motivated to go - count me in! Cya at Tiger Walk. Scream your head off!)

Update: I think I have a stomach virus...but it's just Wednesday, no bigee. (I bet it's those Dawg fans I work with. They probably spoiled my food somehow. Now I'm even more motivated to go - count me in! Cya at Tiger Walk. Scream your head off!)

As someone who has gotten food poisoning like 5 times...I am telling you, they can be damn near deadly.

Take it easy

:whistle:

Archived