How does one parody Fox News?

TexasTiger

The reality is so ridiculous to begin with:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/059100.php

:roflol:

Also, remember this?

"Everybody's going to remember that Howard Dean didn't know that Job was in the Old Testament." He later added: "Even the ... Lieberman Democrats, the Edwards Democrats. They're traditional. They don't want this big shock, all right, and they want their people to know that Job was in the Old Testament."

That was, of course, the "culture warrior" himself, Bill O'Reilly. He has now imparted his own Biblical wisdom with this interesting interpretation about the Book of Revelations:

Now, a lot of people think that's superstition, nonsense, all of that. The secularists reject it out of hand. And I'm not trying to convert you to be a Bible-thumper. I'm just saying it's an interesting read. This was written -- what? Five thousand years ago? I mean, this is really interesting. So, I don't know. Nobody knows what's gonna happen, but there is a holy war going on, and the ACLU and the LA Times are simply not willing to fight it in any effective way. That's the truth.

What a loon!!!

WOW. A major find TT.

Pearls or Diamonds?

bg1114d.jpg

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not your polar opposite. You won't find me defending Hillary's planting questions.

You wont find me defending CNN for their vacuous "debates."

"Diamonds v. Pearls" Student Blasts CNN (Updated With CNN Response)

16 Nov 2007 11:21 am

Maria Luisa, the UNLV student who asked Hillary Clinton whether she preferred "diamonds or pearls" at last night's debate wrote on her MySpace page this morning that CNN forced her to ask the frilly question instead of a pre-approved query about the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository.

"Every single question asked during the debate by the audience had to be approved by CNN," Luisa writes. "I was asked to submit questions including "lighthearted/fun" questions. I submitted more than five questions on issues important to me. I did a policy memo on Yucca Mountain a year ago and was the finalist for the Truman Scholarship. For sure, I thought I would get to ask the Yucca question that was APPROVED by CNN days in advance."

Now, Luisa is getting "swamped" with critical e-mails.

So what happened?

Writes Luisa:

"CNN ran out of time and used me to "close" the debate with the pearls/diamonds question. Seconds later this girl comes up to me and says, "you gave our school a bad reputation.' Well, I had to explain to her that every question from the audience was pre-planned and censored. That's what the media does. See, the media chose what they wanted, not what the people or audience really wanted. That's politics; that's reality. So, if you want to read about real issues important to America--and the whole world, I suggest you pick up a copy of the Economist or the New York Times or some other independent source. If you want me to explain to you how the media works, I am more than happy to do so. But do not judge me or my integrity based on that question."Rivals to Clinton believe that the debate audience had a pro-Clinton tilt. UNLV was responsible for distributing most of the tickets.

In a separate post, Luisa provides the question she wanted to ask:

Yucca Mountain, NV is the proposed site for the country's nuclear waste repository. Despite scientific evidence that it is a vulnerable site, the federal government continues to push for the plan to move forward. The evidence relied on is unsound and the risks involved in transporting high-level radioactive waste across the country are high. What will you [sen. Clinton] do to ensure that the best site/s is/are chosen for the storage of spent nuclear reactor fuel?Sam Feist, the executive producer of the debate, said that the student was asked to choose another question because the candidates had already spent about ten minutes discussing Yucca Mountain.

"When her Yucca mountain question was asked, she was given the opportunity to ask another question, and my understanding is that the [diamond v. pearls] questions was her other question," Feist said. "She probably was disappointed, but we spent a lot of time with a bunch of different candidates on Yucca Mountain, and we were at the end of the debate."

Greg Sargent of TPM Election Central has a CNN spoxperson giving a slightly different story...

O'reilly and Faux News are both a laughing joke.

What the hell are you basing that on? And where has FOX shown to be faulty news so as to deserve the childish 'faux' crap???

Elaborate, or show the world what an idiot you really are with your silence.

What the hell are you basing that on? And where has FOX shown to be faulty news so as to deserve the childish 'faux' crap???

When you take your talking points from the White House and Karl Rove you are no longer an objective media outlet. Case closed.

Of course the irony is...faux news does the same thing for the right that you and others bash certain media outlets for doing for the left. All a bunch of loons IYAM and none are less guilty than the other.

When you take your talking points from the White House and Karl Rove you are no longer an objective media outlet. Case closed.

Of course the irony is...faux news does the same thing for the right that you and others bash certain media outlets for doing for the left. All a bunch of loons IYAM and none are less guilty than the other.

You're such an effing idiot. In no way can you make the case that any of those above " take their talking points from the W.H. or Karl Rove " .

You got nothing to back up your claims except hollow rhetoric anyways. As I suspected.

That was, of course, the "culture warrior" himself, Bill O'Reilly. He has now imparted his own Biblical wisdom with this interesting interpretation about the Book of Revelations:

It is "Book of Revelation" or more precisely: "Book of the Revelation of/to St John"

Oh Arturo, Prince of Irony... :rolleyes:

It is "Book of Revelation" or more precisely: "Book of the Revelation of/to St John"

Sorry. It's a common mistake and I don't get paid big bucks for my commentary unlike your boy BillO. At least I know that Revelation was not written 5000 years ago.

You may also want to fix the lyrics in your sig line there, Arturo.

Sorry. It's a common mistake and I don't get paid big bucks for my commentary unlike your boy BillO. At least I know that Revelation was not written 5000 years ago.

You may also want to fix the lyrics in your sig line there, Arturo.

I am not the one here making fun of another's biblical inaccuracies by posting my own biblical inaccuracies.

Irony, it's sssoooo.....ironic. B)

Archived