Offseason Recruiting

PChamp119

I don't have a Rivals account, but I noticed Saban and his staff have been out visiting a few recruits since the Iron Bowl. What is our staff up to? Or are they enjoying the week off?

I don't have a Rivals account, but I noticed Saban and his staff have been out visiting a few recruits since the Iron Bowl. What is our staff up to? Or are they enjoying the week off?

Maybe that's part of the reward for winning the Iron Bowl. Tuberville and crew get to enjoy time off. Saban has to go out and make excuses to the recruits for why his team sucks so hard.

Honestly, I have no idea. I know that we hosted a lot of recruits for the IB. We also made a lot of very good impressions. Bama didn't get to host anybody for their last game and I'm sure the ULM game didn't have many recruits. Bama has looked like crap since LSU, so I'm sure they're desperate to make up for lost ground. Rivals doesn't say much.

Hey, how much ground do "they" have to make up? They already have 22 commits! They have the majority of top recruits in Alabama, and have several 4 and 5 stars from other states as well.. We had better be hard at it..... recruiting instead of celebrating a win that won't mean anything next year! BTW, so far, we haven't realized one single commit from all those prospects we hosted at the IB. IMO, this contract "hang up" couldn't be helping recruiting either...

Hey, how much ground do "they" have to make up? They already have 22 commits! They have the majority of top recruits in Alabama, and have several 4 and 5 stars from other states as well.. We had better be hard at it..... recruiting instead of celebrating a win that won't mean anything next year! BTW, so far, we haven't realized one single commit from all those prospects we hosted at the IB. IMO, this contract "hang up" couldn't be helping recruiting either...

take a chill pill. Signing day isnt until February. No one is making any decisions overnight. They have and will be thinking about their decisions for a while.

make that 23. 4-star, 6'5", 395lb. DT Terrence Cody (JUCO) committed today. he was offered by UA, AU, Ole Miss, MSU, USF, USM, TN.

make that 23. 4-star, 6'5", 395lb. DT Terrence Cody (JUCO) committed today. he was offered by UA, AU, Ole Miss, MSU, USF, USM, TN.

And now you've got to feed him. Ticket prices just went up... B)

And now you've got to feed him. Ticket prices just went up... B)

:lol:

i was actually thinking the same thing. when i saw his weight i was like "wooooow". in the interview, his coach said teams literally cannot run on them when he is in. his team is 11-0.

Could Tubs status be a reason why it appears we haven't been recruiting as hard this year OR simply getting beat? Normally, he's out kicking butt and taking names recruiting, but not this year! Just a thought!

A fatter, less talented version of Greg Smith? :roflol:

PS: I have heard nothing that suggests he had any sort of committable offer from Auburn. We have zero need for a JUCO DT, and even less need for a JUCO DT who is going to use up half of his eligibility just to bring his weight down.

PS: I have heard nothing that suggests he had any sort of committable offer from Auburn. We have zero need for a JUCO DT, and even less need for a JUCO DT who is going to use up half of his eligibility just to bring his weight down.

i would agree with you here, as we are in much more desperate need of linemen than you guys.

• 9 months later...

Watch the game last night?

Yes, he did jiggle his way to some great blocking, but he still needs to lose weight. Yes, yes, I know that he has lost weight already, but he still has a ways to go. I know that football players are supposed to be big and heavy, but not blobby fat. It just isn't healthy.

Yes, he did jiggle his way to some great blocking, but he still needs to lose weight. Yes, yes, I know that he has lost weight already, but he still has a ways to go. I know that football players are supposed to be big and heavy, but not blobby fat. It just isn't healthy.

well, that skin from dropping some pounds doesn't just disappear you know. you're going to have a little leftover skin from that. he didn't play like he was unhealthy last night. maybe metafour would like to comment on Cody's performance last night, that is if he can get his foot out of his mouth.....

Did you just dig up a post from Nov 07? You are such a tool.

:roflol:

as much as you guys have gone on and on and on about how our recruiting class doesn't matter until they take the field, what did you expect? especially when such a specific attack on a specific player was made. just like when metafour said Star Jackson is just "a poor man's Kodi Burns". judging by Saturday's performance, if Star Jackson is in fact a poor man's Kodi Burns, we are royally screwed.

as much as you guys have gone on and on and on about how our recruiting class doesn't matter until they take the field, what did you expect? especially when such a specific attack on a specific player was made. just like when metafour said Star Jackson is just "a poor man's Kodi Burns". judging by Saturday's performance, if Star Jackson is in fact a poor man's Kodi Burns, we are royally screwed.

Yeah go ahead and get your money back now. :roflol:

We did get the win. How did you guys do against them last year? Oh, and we took care of Clemson too. Still one up on you rws. :moon:

LMAO. Star Jackson's career at Bama will amount to nothing. Dude will get passed by McCarron on the depth chart in no time, part of that being because McCarron is good, and the other part being that Jackson is average at best. Between Jackson/McCarron there is no comparison, yet their near identical "rankings" would suggest that they are similar prospects when in fact McCarron blows him out of the water.

LMAO. Star Jackson's career at Bama will amount to nothing. Dude will get passed by McCarron on the depth chart in no time, part of that being because McCarron is good, and the other part being that Jackson is average at best. Between Jackson/McCarron there is no comparison, yet their near identical "rankings" would suggest that they are similar prospects when in fact McCarron blows him out of the water.

well, your assessment of Terrence Cody was completely off base so hopefully that will ring true with Star. i see you danced around BG's question about Cody quite nicely.

well, your assessment of Terrence Cody was completely off base so hopefully that will ring true with Star. i see you danced around BG's question about Cody quite nicely.

Well, to be fair, Cody is still a fat ass, right? So, I guess he'll be working off that weight for a majority of his days at Bama. It just so happens that he'll be doing it on gameday.

Well, to be fair, Cody is still a fat ass, right? So, I guess he'll be working off that weight for a majority of his days at Bama. It just so happens that he'll be doing it on gameday.

To be fair, did you watch Cody play the other night? Dude ran a receiver down on one of the outside hashmarks on one play. Dove and caught the guy by his ankles. Anchored the D line that held Clemson to ZERO yards rushing.

I'd be glad to have him in orange and blue.

To be fair, did you watch Cody play the other night? Dude ran a receiver down on one of the outside hashmarks on one play. Dove and caught the guy by his ankles. Anchored the D line that held Clemson to ZERO yards rushing.

I'd be glad to have him in orange and blue.

he also ran one play all the way to the sideline. i remember because they were showing the pile getting up from the tackle and he was in it, i was like wtfbbq....

Archived