Miles Gone?

DKW 86

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/message...c.asp?p=6245874

Jacked up Tepper

This guy is no longer our coach!!!!

Member since Sep 2007

499 posts

Miles told the team today at practice he was taking UM job (Posted on 11/29 at 10:46 p.m.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told tonight by a player on the team (pretty good friend) that Miles told the players at practice today that he was leaving and that he accepted the Michigan job. ITS DONE. HE's OFFICIALLY GONE.

Expect news to break pretty soon. Players are already spreading the info to close friends who are then telling others. It won't stay a secret for long.

Edited: and a couple of posters on this board can back me up on the accuracy of this info. Anyone who knows a player, call them up and find out the truth for yourselves.

I've sent an email to Chicken w/ players name and more details. If he doesn't believe me he can whack this.....and then hear it again tomorrow or saturday when the media breaks it.

i hope he leaves before the bowl game. i bet an LSU grad at work that Miles wouldn't coach their bowl game. :)

Yeah... I've heard that he's as good as gone, before the bowl game.

Who would step in and coach the bowl game? If Pellini takes the NU job, he's likely to jump ship too. You can't help but feel for some of those players. They went from riding the high of playing in the national championship to the low of being deserted by their coaches.

That is interesting... I still would think he would coach in the bowl game. Why wouldn't he?

A: He isn't being ousted like Coach Fran was

B: Lloyd Carr is coaching the bowl game for UM

so who has the advantage in the SEC Champ game now? Won't be surprised if Tenn. wins and by a large margin

(10 points)

If he told them on Thursday that he was going to go to Michigan, that gave the LSU coaches and the players time to implement the gameplan. Unless Miles shafted the players on a decent gameplan, LSU will be ready to play. I still see LSU winning - maybe big if the players aren't ticked at Miles.

i doubt this is true. while i feel fairly confident that he will go to michigan, it would make no sense to tell players that at this point with only two days until the sec championship. even les is not that stupid.

i doubt this is true. while i feel fairly confident that he will go to michigan, it would make no sense to tell players that at this point with only two days until the sec championship. even les is not that stupid.

Well if they have agreed to a contract, then it's possible of it leaking to the press. It'd be much worse to have the players find out through the media than from Miles himself. If he has signed a contract with Michigan, I commend him for being honest to his players.

Not to mention he could take the "Win one for the Gipper" angle with the SEC Championship game. Not that I'd be all about busting my ass for a coach who is leaving me, but kids are impressionable.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/message...c.asp?p=6245874

Jacked up Tepper

This guy is no longer our coach!!!!

Member since Sep 2007

499 posts

Miles told the team today at practice he was taking UM job (Posted on 11/29 at 10:46 p.m.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told tonight by a player on the team (pretty good friend) that Miles told the players at practice today that he was leaving and that he accepted the Michigan job. ITS DONE. HE's OFFICIALLY GONE.

Expect news to break pretty soon. Players are already spreading the info to close friends who are then telling others. It won't stay a secret for long.

Edited: and a couple of posters on this board can back me up on the accuracy of this info. Anyone who knows a player, call them up and find out the truth for yourselves.

I've sent an email to Chicken w/ players name and more details. If he doesn't believe me he can whack this.....and then hear it again tomorrow or saturday when the media breaks it.

This is about as credible as the tuberville to arkansas rumors. I firmly believe that Miles will go to Michigan, but its been made very clear that he has to wait until AFTER the Conference Championship game to talk to Michigan Administration. Saying he has a contract and it is done is extremely premature. There needs to be a way to stop this kind of rampant speculation.

Everybody knows he wants the Michigan job, its no secret, but to say this is already done when he hasn't even spoken to michigan about the position is piss poor. Besides, what some yahoo says on a message board is hardly remotely credible. Why not wait until something official comes out to discuss this crap?

Who would step in and coach the bowl game? If Pellini takes the NU job, he's likely to jump ship too. You can't help but feel for some of those players. They went from riding the high of playing in the national championship to the low of being deserted by their coaches.

I hear Saban just might be available to coach a bowl game. Just not :ua::lol:

That is interesting... I still would think he would coach in the bowl game. Why wouldn't he?

Lloyd Carr is retiring as the second winningest coach at UM.

Les Miles abruptly quit his job to go to a competitor.

Put it this way, if your wife left you for another man on Thanksgiving morning, would you let her come to Christmas Dinner at your parent’s house ?

Lloyd Carr is retiring as the second winningest coach at UM.

Les Miles abruptly quit his job to go to a competitor.

Put it this way, if your wife left you for another man on Thanksgiving morning, would you let her come to Christmas Dinner at your parent’s house ?

Nick Saban still coached his last bowl game? Granted it was a move to the NFL, but is that all that much different?

Bobby Petrino coached his last bowl game at the 2003 Capital One Bowl before going to Louisville

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3136391

Sources have told ESPN's Kirk Herbstreit that barring any unforeseen circumstances, Michigan will announce early next week it has reached an agreement with LSU coach Les Miles to be its next head football coach.

Herbstreit is also reporting that Miles will make Georgia Tech defensive coordinator and interim head coach Jon Tenuta part of his staff at Michigan.

Miles, who played at Michigan and served two stints as an assistant under the late Bo Schembechler, will succeed Lloyd Carr, who stepped down after the Wolverines' loss to Ohio State last month.

Miles has been head coach at LSU since 2005. LSU is 32-6 with Miles at the helm, including 22 wins in his first 26 games as coach, and won 11 games in 2005 and 2006. The No. 7 Tigers (10-2), whose two losses this season both came in triple overtime, will play Tennessee in the SEC Championship Game on Saturday.

Miles also coached at Oklahoma State, posting a 28-21 record between 2001 and 2004, and was tight ends coach for the Dallas Cowboys between 1998 and 2000.

Miles has a 60-27 overall record in seven seasons as a head coach.

Now, I just wonder who's taking his place? Hmmm.......anybody come to mind?

Les Miles

Skip Bertman knows...today....count on it!

Skip Bertman knows...today....count on it!

Now, I just wonder who's taking his place? Hmmm.......anybody come to mind?

Les Miles

That page is gone now....Things that make you say hhhmmm.... B)

Archived