Why?

bigsixfive

This is what I don't like about Stoops. The game is in the basket, but he's still throwing all over the place trying to run up the score. I understand trying to go up 35-17, but after that, run the ball and burn the clock.

This is what I don't like about Stoops. The game is in the basket, but he's still throwing all over the place trying to run up the score. I understand trying to go up 35-17, but after that, run the ball and burn the clock.

pwe?

can't say i disagree with him there. He realistically has a shot at making an argument for the national title game. Put the points on the board, and yell about how great you are. Smart voters should/would disregard all that for flat running up the score in a decided game, but there aren't many smart voters out there.

I wouldn't say 42-17 would be running the score up. I think when you get up over 50 and the other team only has 14 or 17, and you stay aggressive that would be considered running it up. But with the way college football is today, you have to beat teams decisively, especially if you're playing the #1 team in the country.

I wouldn't say 42-17 would be running the score up. I think when you get up over 50 and the other team only has 14 or 17, and you stay aggressive that would be considered running it up. But with the way college football is today, you have to beat teams decisively, especially if you're playing the #1 team in the country.

It wouldn't be running up the score if they made it that way in the 3rd, or early in the 4th. Stoops could have run the clock out. There was about 5 minutes lef with a 2 TD and FG lead, and his D had forced a few 3 and outs. Pound the ball and run the clock. If they can't stop you and you happen to score, that's one thing. He was throwing deep on them.

Unfortunately, in today's 'impress the voters who don't see all of the games' world, sometimes it makes sense to completely dominate a team on the scoreboard.

Unfortunately, in today's 'impress the voters who don't see all of the games' world, sometimes it makes sense to completely dominate a team on the scoreboard.

Here's a bone - what helps you more? The score on the scoreboard? Or the final ranking of the team you beat?

So is it better to beat Missouri 50-10 with Missouri dropping to 11th? Or is it better to beat Missouri 21-17 with Missouri dropping to 7th?

Here's a bone - what helps you more? The score on the scoreboard? Or the final ranking of the team you beat?

So is it better to beat Missouri 50-10 with Missouri dropping to 11th? Or is it better to beat Missouri 21-17 with Missouri dropping to 7th?

I thought they took the ranking at the time you played them for the strength of schedule. If that's the case, beat the hell out of em.

As long as we have this F'd up system in place, do all you can to get in the show. No need to embarrass anyone and hang 60 on them but you'd better look as good as you can if you want a chance to get in. I freakin' despise the BCS. There is no way on the face of God's green earth you can choose the two best...most desrving teams this year. If a two-loss LSU team, who should've, could've lost virtually EVERY one of their last 10-11 games gets in...now THAT'S embarrasing.

If a two-loss LSU team, who should've, could've lost virtually EVERY one of their last 10-11 games gets in...now THAT'S embarrasing.

I don't know about 10-11, but they could have lost to Florida, Auburn, Alabama, and Tennessee. Granted, the competition is much more difficult. But they haven't been world beaters since they played Virginia Tech. BUT, we still hear week after week that they're the best team in the country. Whatever.

Here is a bone for you; Your the #1 team in the country stop us. We hear all the time the game is 60 minutes; why should I as a head coach need to run the ball?

That is almost as bad as them taking down scoreboards in pee wee football because we don't want to scare the kids, give me a break it is sport and we are becoming a country of pansies. You want to win then play to win if you can't stop us then so what.

If you were playing the 119th team in the country you could throw more runs in there to burn the clock, but you shouldn't need to stop passing just because. If the long ball works so be it. They are playing #1 ......

Get a backbone. I am sick and tired of having to tippy toe around because peoples feeling might get hurt.

Its not about feelings. Its about respect. Football is a game that is supposed to be played with a level of dignity, and when one coach runs the score up on another, both coaches lose dignity.

You thought OU-Mizzou was bad, how silly does West Virginia-UConn look now? Winning the conference in a 66-21 blowout means nothing when you can't beat 4-7 Pittsburgh.

I am hoping that some of you are not surprised about these coaches running the score, it has been a trend of some schools to do so (OU, USC, WVU). While I do not agree I can't say it is all their fault because of the system we are in. I am a big believer that this is what held AU up in 04 for not reaching the final. Apparently you don't look as dominant as other teams if you don't beat your opponent by 50 every weekend. To me that shows a lack of respect and dignity. And personnally I am glad that we don't have a coach that would do something like that.

Archived