Why not this guy for the Heisman?

TexasTiger

I have an answer for you "HYPE. Tebow, McFadden and the rest of the candidates have all been hyped at one point or another but Kevin Smith has not really been talked about or mentioned until now and it's a shame. I would vote for him if I could but Corso and the rest of the hypers will be pushing Tebow all the way.

Smith's performance this year should not be ignored, but his school does not pay ESPN enough to hype him.

I am all for Colt Brennan winning the the Heisman. I have stayed up and watched Hawaii the few times they have been on TV and Brennan has impressed the heck out of me. Some say that the fact he missed two games this year hurts his chances, but if you look at the numbers he has put up, I say the fact that he missed a couple of games and still put up those kind of numbers should help his chances. I have seen this kid make passes with accuracy that you only expect from a NFL veteran.

During last night/this morning's game he was 42/50, 442 yards passing, 5 TDs and no interceptions!

For the year he is 337/472 (that is a 71% completion percentage ), 4174 yards, 38 TDs and 14 INTs. If it wasn't for an off game he had against San Jose State, in which they still won, his numbers would be much better. THe thing is, his numbers for his other two years as a starter are very similar, so he has been consistently that good his whole college career.

Archived