Tebow Wins Heisman

WarEagle007

Congrats to a great player and a real stand-up guy in my opinion.

I agree, He's not having such a bad life so far, Heisman, State Championship in high school and a National Championship at Florida. Pretty good run for him so far.

Tebow is one of those once in a generation kind of player, on the level with Bo and Herschel. He also seems like a pretty good kid. I have no problem with him winning it, but for some reason I really wanted McFadden to win.

I really wish ESPN would get rid of Fowler, Herb, and Corso..especially Corso. That guy has no clue what hes doing or saying.

Not real happy about a soph. winning it, BUT, kinda' tough not to give it to him. If anyone deserved it, He did!

I think its pretty much impossible for a RB to win it now.

The recent trend supports your conjecture...7 of the last 8 have been QBs.

* Chris Weinke

* Eric Crouch

* Carson Palmer

* Jason White

* Matt Leinart

* Reggie Bush (RB)

* Troy Smith

* Tim Tebow

I expected Tebow to win it, but I was hoping McFadden would win it...can't really put my finger on why, but I was.

I'm guessing he's one of the few players to be a two-time runner-up for the Heisman (I assume he was 2nd this year as well).

I'm just happy tebow didn't end up at bama. He might have brought them back this year.

Haven't you heard - bama is back!

si.jpg

I don't understand how anybody could argue against Tebow's achievement this year. Over a century of playing football, and here we are talking about the ONLY player to score 20+/20+ TDs on the ground and in the air. While DMac is great, he hasn't done anything other RBs haven't done already.

:no: I was really pulling for McFadden. If UF had a running back, or new how to use one, then Tebow wouldn't have won. Oh well, now I hope that D Mac will go pro, so that we can enjoy seeing him for many years.

Well, Tebow or McFadden, it returned to the SEC. Now if LSU can duplicate Florida's OSU beatdown of last year, we can keep the BCS Title in the best conference of college football, too.

I don't understand how anybody could argue against Tebow's achievement this year. Over a century of playing football, and here we are talking about the ONLY player to score 20+/20+ TDs on the ground and in the air. While DMac is great, he hasn't done anything other RBs haven't done already.

How many of those rushing TDs were for 2 yrds or less?

Regardless of who won Auburn shut both of them down!

Congrats to a great player and a real stand-up guy in my opinion.

...yup...I did get this one right. He had a heckuva year. I love McFadden, but had to give it to Tebow...but Mc Daddy will soothe his ego with millions next year in the NFL...so he'll be OK. :)

:au::homer:

I think the fact that 276 total yards, 2 TDs, and 20/27 passing is considered being "shut down" is why Tebow won the Heisman.

imagine if mcfadden and tebow were on the same team, with an above average offensive line, that would really make the spread option go. i am so glad florida did not have a good rb this year, nor arky a good qb!

I too was hoping DMac would win going into the show. But after I heard Tebow talk and be willing to express his faith, even if it wasn't the politically correct thing to do, I was glad he won. He definitely has his priorities straight. The sports world desperately needs more Tim Tebows to serve as good role models for kids.

All the same, how many 2-yarders did McD have? My point is, Tebow is an excellent QB, tack on those 800 yards on the ground, and those 20+ TDs, you're talking about a once in a generation player. Take away his 800/20, and he'd still be in the Heisman race. Like townhallsavoy said, if 276 yards with 2 TDs is considered a bad day for Tebow, then he definitely has my vote. Compare that to your DMac's 17 carries for 47 yards against us.

Actually, McFadden broke the single game rushing record (SEC) this year. So he actually did do something that no other running back has ever done. BUT... I have no problem with Tebow winning. He was the entire offense for that team. He was a warrior all year long. I hope for his career longevity that Myer figures out a way to get the ball out of his hands or he'll get hurt every year (like he was against UGA with the shoulder injury that prevented him from running against them).

I was pulling for Run DMC because he's the one of the two best skill players in this conference since Bo (Peyton would be the other). He really is the best running back I've seen in 20 years. Point blank if I could steal one or the other, I'd take McFadden. He's that good.

All the same, how many 2-yarders did McD have? My point is, Tebow is an excellent QB, tack on those 800 yards on the ground, and those 20+ TDs, you're talking about a once in a generation player. Take away his 800/20, and he'd still be in the Heisman race. Like townhallsavoy said, if 276 yards with 2 TDs is considered a bad day for Tebow, then he definitely has my vote. Compare that to your DMac's 17 carries for 47 yards against us.

Probably not very many. His average td was like 32 yards. Theres no way Tebow would be in the race without his rushing stats. I wouldnt necessarily say that Auburn shut Tebow down, but they definitely held him in check enough to win. Tebow has to do more for his team than DMac does. UF only had 9 rushes by players other than Tebow, and 4 of those were by a WR. That's 5 rushes by RB. He had 200 yards passing which definitely isnt anything more than average for a QB. Couple that with an interception, and he didnt have a very good day. The offense totally centered around Tebow managed to score 14 points. Rarely is that enough to win in college football.

The recent trend supports your conjecture...7 of the last 8 have been QBs.

* Chris Weinke

* Eric Crouch

* Carson Palmer

* Jason White

* Matt Leinart

* Reggie Bush (RB)

* Troy Smith

* Tim Tebow

I expected Tebow to win it, but I was hoping McFadden would win it...can't really put my finger on why, but I was.

I'm guessing he's one of the few players to be a two-time runner-up for the Heisman (I assume he was 2nd this year as well).

Possibly because he should have won it? Tebow will have next year. And Florida would have been ok without Tebow, can you say the same for Arkansas?

Archived