Tebow Wins Heisman

WarEagle007

Tebow did give props to Jesus, that totally changed my opinion of the guy. Any man that professes to be a christian in a public stage has a great witness. Reminds me a lot of Jay Barker, he played for the wrong team but he was a great person off of the field. These are the people that you should root for in life.

The recent trend supports your conjecture...7 of the last 8 have been QBs.

* Chris Weinke

* Eric Crouch

* Carson Palmer

* Jason White

* Matt Leinart

* Reggie Bush (RB)

* Troy Smith

* Tim Tebow

I expected Tebow to win it, but I was hoping McFadden would win it...can't really put my finger on why, but I was.

I'm guessing he's one of the few players to be a two-time runner-up for the Heisman (I assume he was 2nd this year as well).

Possibly because he should have won it? Tebow will have next year. And Florida would have been ok without Tebow, can you say the same for Arkansas?

Why should DMac have won it? How would UF have been ok without Tebow? DMac could stay next season if he wanted to. Arkansas wasn't a good team by any means this season, even if they did beat LSU. McFadden did a great job but not a Heisman type season. Tebow was by far the best player in the country this season. Maybe that Crabtree kid from TT was as good but he's a freshmen. I just don't understand people arguing against Tebow. He was incredible this season. Who cares if UF didn't have a running back or chose not to use him. Tebow stepped up and took on an incredible load and had a pretty damn good season for a sophomore.

* Chris Weinke

* Eric Crouch

* Carson Palmer

* Jason White

* Matt Leinart

* Reggie Bush (RB)

* Troy Smith

* Tim Tebow

I expected Tebow to win it, but I was hoping McFadden would win it...can't really put my finger on why, but I was.

I'm guessing he's one of the few players to be a two-time runner-up for the Heisman (I assume he was 2nd this year as well).

Possibly because he should have won it? Tebow will have next year. And Florida would have been ok without Tebow, can you say the same for Arkansas?

Why should DMac have won it? How would UF have been ok without Tebow? DMac could stay next season if he wanted to. Arkansas wasn't a good team by any means this season, even if they did beat LSU. McFadden did a great job but not a Heisman type season. Tebow was by far the best player in the country this season. Maybe that Crabtree kid from TT was as good but he's a freshmen. I just don't understand people arguing against Tebow. He was incredible this season. Who cares if UF didn't have a running back or chose not to use him. Tebow stepped up and took on an incredible load and had a pretty damn good season for a sophomore.

Arkansas wasnt a good team? Please. They are a good team. They lost 4 games. Last time I checked we lost 4 games too. All four teams were bowl teams. They beat the #1 team in the country. We barely scraped by them and I doubt anyone here would say we were "a good team by any means".

I dont really think people are arguing against Tebow as much as they are arguing for McFadden. Dont get your panties in a wad just because other people have a different opinion from yours.

Tebow is a multi dimesional player but his value would be decreased if they had a good RB. Tebow is only great because he can run the ball and throw the ball. He is average at both, but together he is a great college QB. However if they had a great RB, say Felix Jones or McFadden for example, then Tebow wouldnt get to run the ball because he wouldnt be as good a runner as either of those guys. Then, he would just be a passer and hes pretty average at that. Just something to think about. That is what the NFL will be like for Tebow.

Darren McFadden is a great player but when I personally look at Heisman guys I look for someone a team could not do without. Felix Jones is a great back too. Florida would be nothing without Tebow. The guy has done things no person has ever done in the history of football.

DMC was consistent in his time at Arkansas, and certainly a great player, but did things other running backs before him did better, and running backs after him will continue to do better. But I don't think we'll see a QB like Tebow for a long time. He's a one-of-a-kind player.

* Chris Weinke

* Eric Crouch

* Carson Palmer

* Jason White

* Matt Leinart

* Reggie Bush (RB)

* Troy Smith

* Tim Tebow

Arkansas wasnt a good team? Please. They are a good team. They lost 4 games. Last time I checked we lost 4 games too. All four teams were bowl teams. They beat the #1 team in the country. We barely scraped by them and I doubt anyone here would say we were "a good team by any means".

I dont really think people are arguing against Tebow as much as they are arguing for McFadden. Dont get your panties in a wad just because other people have a different opinion from yours.

Tebow is a multi dimesional player but his value would be decreased if they had a good RB. Tebow is only great because he can run the ball and throw the ball. He is average at both, but together he is a great college QB. However if they had a great RB, say Felix Jones or McFadden for example, then Tebow wouldnt get to run the ball because he wouldnt be as good a runner as either of those guys. Then, he would just be a passer and hes pretty average at that. Just something to think about. That is what the NFL will be like for Tebow.

And if McFadden had a decent QB, he wouldn't have gotten as many carries or TDs.

And I don't think being 2nd in the nation in passing efficiency and averaging 4.3 yards per carry is considered "average." The guy had a passing rating of 177.

DMac clearly should have gotten the trophy and Tebow runner up, due to tradition and their class standing but it happened. Expect Tebow to win it at least 1 more time.

And I don't think being 2nd in the nation in passing efficiency and averaging 4.3 yards per carry is considered "average." The guy had a passing rating of 177.

As it was posted earlier in another thread, D-mac QB rating was around 270 and he averages more YPC too..

Just saying.

I was offended that the Heisman sunk so low as to follow the hype when a Senior and a Junior leaving for the NFL were sitting there with impressive numbers and they gave it to a freshman who went 9-3 and put up impressive numbers as well.

There was a 12-0 senior with NCAA record breaking numbers over 2 years.

There was a crazy physical talent junior that will go in the first 3 picks of the draft this year.

Instead they give it to Teebow.

I saw it coming, they lumped the 3rd and 4th place guys together, and set the whole show up in its formatting to show you who won. It was stupid.

Grats to Teebow on the Heisman you should have won next year.

Tebow deserved it. He had the most oustanding season of any player this year and I was glad he won it.

I have nothing against D-Mac and I was rooting for him when the season started, but he disappeared most of October (especially against us) and Tebow was consistently excellent. I'm glad the voters didn't let the sophomore thing change their minds.

Tebow deserved it. He had the most oustanding season of any player this year and I was glad he won it.

I have nothing against D-Mac and I was rooting for him when the season started, but he disappeared most of October (especially against us) and Tebow was consistently excellent. I'm glad the voters didn't let the sophomore thing change their minds.

You gonna enjoy hearing about it for the next 2 seasons where he wins it two more times and is declared the greatest player to ever play the game? DMAc was robbed, but he will have a great pro career unlike Tebow so things will be as they should down the road. I can't believe you are disagreeing with CTT. What team do you coach?

"Tebow was the old single wing quarterback. He just ran the ball and threw it. You can score 20 [rushing] touchdowns if, every time you get the ball inside the five, they call your number." Tuberville thinks McFadden should win the Heisman but that Tebow will win it.

You gonna enjoy hearing about it for the next 2 seasons where he wins it two more times and is declared the greatest player to ever play the game? DMAc was robbed, but he will have a great pro career unlike Tebow so things will be as they should down the road. I can't believe you are disagreeing with CTT. What team do you coach?

"Tebow was the old single wing quarterback. He just ran the ball and threw it. You can score 20 [rushing] touchdowns if, every time you get the ball inside the five, they call your number." Tuberville thinks McFadden should win the Heisman but that Tebow will win it.

Tommy Tuberville is not the guru of Heisman winners, so his opinion is merely something I'll read on a Sunday afternoon. And if Tebow should win it next year, he'll bolt to the NFL. There'd be no reason to stick around.

And how do you know Tebow won't have a great pro career? What crystal ball do you look into?

I was offended that the Heisman sunk so low as to follow the hype when a Senior and a Junior leaving for the NFL were sitting there with impressive numbers and they gave it to a freshman who went 9-3 and put up impressive numbers as well.

Why does it matter if someone is bolting for the NFL or not? The award is simple, most outstanding player. Not most outstanding player bolting for the NFL. And he's not a freshman.

There was a 12-0 senior with NCAA record breaking numbers over 2 years.

There was a crazy physical talent junior that will go in the first 3 picks of the draft this year.

And Tebow is not a crazy physical talent? Tell me which QB that you know in the last 5-10 years have done what he has done.

Instead they give it to Teebow.

I saw it coming, they lumped the 3rd and 4th place guys together, and set the whole show up in its formatting to show you who won. It was stupid.

Grats to Teebow on the Heisman you should have won next year.

DMac clearly should have gotten the trophy and Tebow runner up, due to tradition and their class standing but it happened. Expect Tebow to win it at least 1 more time.

Why should tradition and class standing come into play when we're determining the most outstanding player? Didn't say most outstanding upperclassmen, or most outstanding QB or most outstanding RB.

If Tebow wins two more times (or even once more) I'm sure the sucking up to him will be at vomit-inducing levels and I will be extremely tired of him. That doesn't take away from the fact that I think he was the most outstanding player in college football this season and that he earned it.

If Tub can get us a QB who can score 51 touchdowns, while only throwing six interceptions, I'd take it. If we had Tim Tebow and the rest of our offense this season, along with the defense that we did put on the field, we'd be playing in a BCS Bowl this year.

DMAc was robbed, but he will have a great pro career unlike Tebow

I doubt that is the case. I'm one of the biggest D-mac pushers on here, but I feel that Tebow will have a successful pro career too. However, I don't think he'll be a QB in the pros. I'd take him in the first round as a full back.

Correct, Tebow will not be successful as a pro QB, but yes he has potential at another position. What do all of you think he did that was so great? Like CTT said, many of his TDs were gimmicks. They were close to the endzone so they let him run it in instead of a RB. I do that too but in the video game, and I get the heisman every year. He isn't as good a QB as the runner ups, and he isn't as good a runner as the runner up, not even close. I never said he didn't deserve consideration, but he was not the best or most valuable player in the country this year.

Correct, Tebow will not be successful as a pro QB, but yes he has potential at another position. What do all of you think he did that was so great? Like CTT said, many of his TDs were gimmicks. They were close to the endzone so they let him run it in instead of a RB. I do that too but in the video game, and I get the heisman every year. He isn't as good a QB as the runner ups, and he isn't as good a runner as the runner up, not even close. I never said he didn't deserve consideration, but he was not the best or most valuable player in the country this year.

I really can't figure out how you people don't think he has potential as a QB in the pros.

QUICK - name two receivers on Florida's roster not named Percy Harvin.

So how is it possible for him to have 3100 yards passing when the offense is set up for running?

There aren't many college quarterbacks that run a true pro-style offense. So to be able to say that a player has to do this or that in college in order to be successful in the NFL doesn't work.

Tebow is big, fast, strong, strong armed, and accurate as a sophomore. Reminds me a lot of John Elway.

What makes you think otherwise?

I really can't figure out how you people don't think he has potential as a QB in the pros.

QUICK - name two receivers on Florida's roster not named Percy Harvin.

So how is it possible for him to have 3100 yards passing when the offense is set up for running?

There aren't many college quarterbacks that run a true pro-style offense. So to be able to say that a player has to do this or that in college in order to be successful in the NFL doesn't work.

Tebow is big, fast, strong, strong armed, and accurate as a sophomore. Reminds me a lot of John Elway.

What makes you think otherwise?

Tebow will dominate in the Nfl just like he has dominated the Sec, when he is 71 he will kick azz in bingo! dont be hatin' on the playa.

I think the successful running QB went out with Randal Cunningham. Ask Michael Vick...Does Tebow scare you as a drop back QB? Not me. Don't see him playing QB in the pros, tight end maybe.

I just don't see how Tebow gets more consideration than Colt Brennan. Both put up gawdy numbers (just not distributed the same way). Both are system QBs but Tebow gets more . DMac should have won in my opinion. If Arky had a passing game, perhaps there wouldn't have been 8 guys in the box at all times.

Archived