Chase Thomas to Stanford

metafour

I had a feeling this may happen. From what I've heard he has not looked impressive in the playoffs. I talked with my main guy after the Iron Bowl and he told me: "I personally bet Thomas under achieves but that is just me."

Dangit. I was really hoping being closer to home would beat out the academics of Stanford.

I like smart kids because they seem to be more disciplined and can learn quicker.

Really kind os surprises me...he has a teamate on the team..a heck of alot closer to home...go figure.

If you've ever visited the Stanford campus, you would understand. Auburn is a nice homey place, but once you step on the Stanford campus your IQ goes up about 25 points just by osmosis. The whole atmosphere is about attainment of knowledge, really classy, and cutting edge in every conceivable way. The campus is clean, spacious, and has lots of groves of 100 year old trees. San Francisco and Sillicon Valley are about 30 minutes away. Of course, the football stadium is a dump, but Elway played there. If Thomas wants to be a doctor or run for political office one day, it was probably the right decision.

We'll however nice the campus is, I hope he enjoys going 2-10 every year and playing in an empty stadium for 4 years. Nothing against the guy, that's just the reality.

If you've ever visited the Stanford campus, you would understand. Auburn is a nice homey place, but once you step on the Stanford campus your IQ goes up about 25 points just by osmosis. The whole atmosphere is about attainment of knowledge, really classy, and cutting edge in every conceivable way. The campus is clean, spacious, and has lots of groves of 100 year old trees. San Francisco and Sillicon Valley are about 30 minutes away. Of course, the football stadium is a dump, but Elway played there. If Thomas wants to be a doctor or run for political office one day, it was probably the right decision.

What you say is mostly true but one also has to consider that Stanford is a bastion of liberalism adjacent to the sickest city in the country ( San Fran.).

What you say is mostly true but one also has to consider that Stanford is a bastion of liberalism adjacent to the sickest city in the country ( San Fran.).

If by sick you mean awesome, than yes, San Francisco is a pretty awesome city.

I think you need help with your logic.

In my younger days when I traveled a lot, SF was my favorite place to go. IMHO it has evolved into the armpit of the country socially and politically.

the armpit is in washington at 1600 penn ave

If thats the armpit, then send me to the armpit!!

the armpit is in washington at 1600 penn ave

Where the hell did that come from???

Texas...I'm pretty sure. :lol:

:au::homer:

Archived