JUCO QB commits

BGoodTiger

Quick question: How many QBs will we have on the roster next season? Three returning from this seasons roster, and three on the current committment list.

Blake Field (senior, likely back-up?)

Neil Caudle (sophmore, likely back-up?)

Kodi Burns (sophmore, potential starter?)

Chris Todd (junior, potential starter?)

DeRon Furr (likely redshirt?)

Barrott Trotter (likely redshirt?)

Coach Ensminger's kid (not listed on roster anymore?)

That's a whole lotta scholly's! Do we expect any position changes or transfers (gasp, maybe a scholly yanked) becasue of the new OC change? Just curious (and excited) on how we may get to our new starter for next season.

Ensminger transfered to LaTech before last season.

I figure DeRon Furr will likely change positions but I think he will prob. get a shot.

Caudle might transfer. Dont know but those are the rumors.

And In another year Field will graduate.

I wonder how the coached feel about red shirting Burns next year? I wonder how he would feel about that. He could learn a new offense without any pressure...not sure he would want to do that though.

Does anyone else think this may be a possiblilty?

To my understanding, Burns already knows the offense. It's the same one he ran in high school (ditto for half the kids in the Southeast, which is why this hire is such a recruiting coup)

Burns did run a spread offense in HS, but it wasn't exactly the same as the one Franklin teaches. The "thing" with Todd is that he has played in FRANKLIN's offense his entire HS career. Franklin taught his offense to Todd's high school.

Gotcha - thanks for the clarification.

Archived