Any news on McClain

Orange_and_Blue

The visit with the coaches went great. He decided not to take his visit to South Carolina and tentatively intends to announce a decision this Wednesday between Auburn and Tennessee.

Great News, and Savage rated his visit a "10". Five coaches visited him in Huntsville at his home! I've got a feeling the "closer" is closing strong! :cheer: Now, lets go get Jerrell Harris , Dariusand Lipscomb and convince Burton Scott to SWITCH to a great team. US! BTW, Darius also ranked his visit a "10".

Great News, and Savage rated his visit a "10". Five coaches visited him in Huntsville at his home! I've got a feeling the "closer" is closing strong! :cheer: Now, lets go get Jerrell Harris , Dariusand Lipscomb and convince Burton Scott to SWITCH to a great team. US! BTW, Darius also ranked his visit a "10".

no.

no.

Exactly. He may be a good athlete, but if he's a Bammer at heart, we don't want him.

The Dareus' brothers seemed to have a good visit. I don't have access, but Rivals made it appear it went well.

no.

Exactly. He may be a good athlete, but if he's a Bammer at heart, we don't want him.

The Dareus' brothers seemed to have a good visit. I don't have access, but Rivals made it appear it went well.

Looking at both Rivals and Scout it appears only one of the brothers has an offer from AU and they expect to go as a package deal. Or so I have read. Maybe AU could/would offer both to get the one they want.

And before anyone misinterprets what I just said, that was not a slam on the young man who does not have an offer.

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/2008/01/...essed_by_a.html

The Dareus brothers of Huffman High School in Birmingham left no question Sunday about felt about their official visit to Auburn.

Marcel Dareus and his brother, Demerius, both defensive linemen, said they were extremely impressed.

"Oh, man, we loved the visit," Marcel said. "It was a real nice campus, nice scenery. It was nice meeting the players, going out and hanging out and stuff. It was real nice for my mother, brother and me.

They were hosted by defensive end Antonio Carter and defensive tackle Sen'Derrick Marks.

"The thing that stood out the most to me was how the players bond together as a family," Marcel said. "They all went out together and all came back at the same time. It was real nice. I liked it a lot."

Marcel, 6-foot-4 and 275 pounds with 4.5 speed, is a big-time prospect who could play end or tackle in college. As a senior, he had 130 tackles, 20 sacks, a fumble recovery for a touchdown, five forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries.

Marcel said he has narrowed his choices to Auburn, Alabama, North Carolina and Arkansas. He will visit Arkansas next weekend. He said he wants to play with his brother.

"I would like to have him on the same team," Marcel said. "He just gives me a sense of confidence."

McClain has good visit but has to leave early

Anniston offensive lineman Antoine McClain left Saturday night after making an official visit to Auburn, but he apparently left feeling good about his trip.

McClain participated in all the visit functions Saturday but had to leave when the Anniston coach who accompanied him became ill. McClain, a 6-foot-6, 313-pound offensive lineman, has said he will announce his choice of schools on signing day, Feb. 6.

Bell's commitment is solid

Defensive back T'Sharvan Bell of Osceola, Fla., said his official visit over the weekend solidified his commitment to Auburn.

He told Inside The Auburn Tigers and auburnsports.com that he will sign with Auburn on Feb. 6. He had made previous visits to Clemson, Georgia Tech and South Carolina.

I hate it when people use this stupid line.

In most cases, people's heart ends up where they go to school. There are tons and tons of players who grew up as a fan of one school, end up going to another and then forget their previous alleigance to the first (for instance, wasn't Brandon Cox a big Bama fan growing up?). If a kid is a good player and doesn't get in trouble, you take him if you can get him, regardless of what team he was a fan off when he was younger.

I think you misunderstood what I meant.

The kid WANTS to go to Bama. Bama WANTS him. It's not that I wouldn't want him if he WANTED to go to Auburn. But if the kid is making trips to Auburn to recruit for Bama, why would I want him on our team? No need to try to waste time and convince him to play for Auburn.

If he wants to play for Bama that is fine. It's not a "well we don't want him because he aint no good." It's a "If that is where he wants to play, that's fine. No need to waste time trying to get him."

Anniston offensive lineman Antoine McClain left Saturday night after making an official visit to Auburn, but he apparently left feeling good about his trip.

McClain participated in all the visit functions Saturday but had to leave when the Anniston coach who accompanied him became ill. McClain, a 6-foot-6, 313-pound offensive lineman, has said he will announce his choice of schools on signing day, Feb. 6.

I see that in the article, it says that McClain's coach got sick. But I noticed earlier today that on Marshall's site, he doesn't give a reason for the visit getting cut short. I wonder why he took that part out? Has anyone heard from another source about the Anniston coach getting sick?

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/

McClain participated in all the visit functions Saturday before leaving Saturday night. McClain, a 6-foot-6, 313-pound offensive lineman, has said he will announce his choice of schools on signing day, Feb. 6. He plans a visit to LSU next weekend.

I see that in the article, it says that McClain's coach got sick. But I noticed earlier today that on Marshall's site, he doesn't give a reason for the visit getting cut short. I wonder why he took that part out? Has anyone heard from another source about the Anniston coach getting sick?

http://blog.al.com/trackingtigers/

McClain participated in all the visit functions Saturday before leaving Saturday night. McClain, a 6-foot-6, 313-pound offensive lineman, has said he will announce his choice of schools on signing day, Feb. 6. He plans a visit to LSU next weekend.

I read he left late Saturday night so that he could he could get up and go to church Sunday...

I can't offer any confirmation but a friend just told me that Auburn has backed off McClain. It doesn't look like he will make his grades and Auburn, for some reason, doesn't want to sign and place him. Don't know any more details.

Hearing the same...AU no longer plans to pursue him. Don't understand the grades thing...especially considering how many others we plan to SAP this year alone.

Hearing the same...AU no longer plans to pursue him. Don't understand the grades thing...especially considering how many others we plan to SAP this year alone.

Phil Marshall just confirmed it on sports call. It will be interesting as the story unfolds. There's more here than meets the eye,

Phil Marshall just confirmed it on sports call. It will be interesting as the story unfolds. There's more here than meets the eye,

it isn't the grades. no one really knows what the deal is with this situation, but it doesn't make sense if it's just grades. something strange has happened.

If it was grades, why wouldn't we do a sign and place like all the others?

That's why it ain't entirely about the Grades...if at all. When I saw that report earlier all I could think about was $$$ signs. Now, my question is...Is Auburn still in the running for JH, being that he and AM are BFF?

That's why it ain't entirely about the Grades...if at all. When I saw that report earlier all I could think about was $$$ signs. Now, my question is...Is Auburn still in the running for JH, being that he and AM are BFF?

Well if Mclain goes to Tenn, Harris wouldn't follow him would he?

As I said in the past on this board, McClain will be wearing orange of the yellow variety.

The more Alabama (and I'm assuming Auburn, as well) got to know him and the drama that went with him, the less he was wanted. Is he a talented football player? Absolutely. However, that doesn't change the fact that he's very immature and may very well be an absolute cancer in Knoxville.

well, of course you thought it was $$$ signs. that is pretty much a natural reaction from you when you see that AU doesn't get a recruit they wanted. now my question is, did AU drop him, or did he and his mother call the staff and tell them he planned to go out of state and for CTT to not waste his time coming for an in-home? i've seen both sides of this story and was wondering if maybe metafour has an answer to that question?

McClain told the Auburn coaches he had decided on Tenn. and that was the end of it. Pure and simple,we lost him to UT. You win some and lose some, everybody but bama that is.....anybody they lose they never offered in the first place.

McClain told the Auburn coaches he had decided on Tenn. and that was the end of it. Pure and simple,we lost him to UT. You win some and lose some, everybody but bama that is.....anybody they lose they never offered in the first place.

Hard to believe someone would rather be in Knoxville than Auburn. But then, I am very prejudice.

Archived